WiiChat's Smash4 Group Roster!

@Lolita: It's difficult to get so many people in online at the same time. From a business standpoint, this is the golden hour. Don't waist it.

I don't think we're going to have two "Toon" characters though. Ghirahim has little competition from the Zelda series outside of Tingle, which is my logic. That and denial, a lot of denial.
Whose denying. I voted for Rosalina and think she has as much chance as Ghirahim. However I think Toon Zelda has more considering the Brawl cut.

I think Ghirahim, Tingle, and Toon Zelda / Toon Shiek are the three worth mentioning. I don't really know how I feel about Toon Zelda / Toon Shiek. I think she has a definite chance of being included because she was chosen to be added to Brawl, at least at one point. I don't know how much water that holds, because she was cut, and we HAVE seen characters cut and never return, like the idea of Leaf being added to Melee.

I think Tingle is probably the most deserving, and we know Sakurai is okay with him, however EXPECTING HIM is something I'm not doing. I think he's a possibility. He's got moveset potential, he's prominent, and he's important. It's just a matter of Sakurai upgrading him from AT to playable character. Which, I have a hard time seeing happen, as much as I want it.

Then we have Ghirahim. Ghirahim COULD ride the SS train, but it's unlikely IMO. He is a one shot villain. But he does have an upperhand on Rosalina, considering his moveset practically writes itself.

Still, I think Tingle and Toon Zelda have a better shot.

And no, I would rather discuss a franchise for a few days if it means I have more votes. I'm not rushing this thing. It's more fun to have more people involved, even if it moves slowly.

Dammit, stop moving so quickly.

My thoughts exactly.

Last edited:
Yo there, Moveset potential does not help chances what so ever. I write movesets and anything can be unique. Plus Zelda had no Moveset potential, and I don't consider her duality as obvious as you think. Sure it's obvious now, but back before Melee it was not.

Tingle's fanbase exists only in Japan. Everywhere else he has a huge anti-fanbase.

I don't think Toon Sheik is going to make it. I think the best route is Phantom Zelda. Staple enemy in two of the three "Toon" games possessed by the soul of Princess Zelda. Plus they are not changing Zelda canon by putting in Phantom Zelda

@Lolita: It's difficult to get so many people in online at the same time. From a business standpoint, this is the golden hour. Don't waist it.

Speakin' of, how odd (and unfortunate) my insomnia has kept me awake this long...

I don't think we're going to have two "Toon" characters though.

Oh no, the possibility for that to occur is definitely there. Wind Waker HD will be revealin' itself soon, and considerin' Tetra is one'a the forbidden seven, this means she's almost just as relevant as Toon Link.

I think (character) is probably the most deserving, and we know Sakurai is okay with him/her, however EXPECTING HIM/her is something I'm not doing.

And thus, my problem when decidin' who the new Zelda character would be. I strongly believe it'd either be TZelda or Ghirahim, but I'm not at all sure who's the more likely. Since WWHD is just a re-release, Ghirahim is more relevant in terms of bein' new to the series. He's also moderately popular, and pretty much just screams t' be put into Smash since he's very much Skyward Sword's main-but-not-really villain. Sort'a like how Jr. was the main villain in Sunshine in that he put in all the work with the big guy who waited for his minion to succeed just capitalizing on their bang-up job.

On the flip said, again, Tetra is still relevant these days thanks t' WWHD. She's been important to multiple games' plots too, unlike Ghirahim. Furthermore, bein' part of the forbidden seven is reason enough t' consider the possibility. If she wasn't added to the game simply 'cause of franchise limits/time restrictions, I think she's the most likely candidate. Otherwise, I believe it's a relatively even shot between these two... if Sakurai would be willing t' overlook Ghiry's single appearance anyways, which he may or may not.

And for the sake of mentionin', Demise won't make an appearance. He's less popular than Ghirahim, less prominent in the game and is less popular. Ghirahim would get in 'fore Demise would guaranteed.

Splash, remember the file IS labeled toon shiek, not tetra.

I don't think it matters
Tetra does have potential and I think that the file was more last minute clones.

But I still think Phantom Zelda is the preferred option.

Toon Zelda definitely
Phantom Zelda and Tetra right behind

Toon Sheik... Nah

So, no one has any compelling arguments for/against either Tetra or Ghirahim? ._.; I'd rather not make a votin' decision without hearin' any.

Splash, remember the file IS labeled toon shiek, not tetra.

... Wait, is it really? Well, obviously it'd be Tetra either way considerin' there's no actual Toon Sheik.

But I still think Phantom Zelda is the preferred option.

same character lol oops WW spoilers lololololol

So, no one has any compelling arguments for/against either Tetra or Ghirahim? ._.; I'd rather not make a votin' decision without hearin' any.
I will start with Tetra block

Tetra's does not have too much against her, however she does have competition.
Tetra vs. Phantom Zelda; vying for the spot of Down B.
Phantoms are the staple enemy of Phantom Hourglass and Spirit Tracks. And it just so happens in Spirit Tracks, Zelda ended up like Alphonse Elric.

When you have the staple enemy mixed with the princess of Hyrule you get a potential Toon Zelda transformation.

When it comes to uniqueness I think Phantom Zelda is the better option than Tetra as Toon Zelda's transformation. However I find uniqueness and relevance the only thing going for Phantom Zelda when comparing her to Tetra. However Tetra just got equal if not more relevance with WWHD coming out. All in all it comes down to this:

Pirate Captain vs. Walking Possessed Suit of Semi-Invincible Armour with a Flaming Sword.

If you haven't played Spirit Tracks then I guess you can't decide if Phantom Zelda is worthy enough. However I believe she is. Phantom Zelda would be a heavy weight transformation that I could see being utilized, by transforming to Phantom mode at high percents to survive longer, making her transformation more useful.
PhantomArt_Thumb.png

Give it a chance and read through my Toon Zelda and Phantom Zelda Moveset to gain some perspective. (Click on my Lyndis Banner)

Against Toon Sheik. Does she even exist?

If you looked at the forbidden 7 they were most likely last minute clones that they would have worked on if they had the time. So I think that Toon Sheik was a sloppy quick idea. I find Tetra and Phantom Zelda more relevant and canon, while Toon Sheik was merely a placeholder. I also believe that the file names were not the final names. I looked it up myself, and I saw some differences between the way toonlink was written and toon_zelda and toon_sheik were written. I believe that if they had enough time, Toon Sheik would have become Tetra and possibly the file could still be named ToonSheik for file placement and programing similarities between Toon Zelda and Zelda. If you were going to copy paste that kinda of Down B programing, you would keep the names relatively the same to make it easier for you.

Now to bash sword boy.

Ghirahim on the other hand falls in the Villain category and is the counterpart to the Master Sword's talking paperclip. I believe that Ghirahim's best chance is to ride the SS staple train. But as pointed out with Rosalina, it probably wont work. I think Ganon fills the villain roll better than any other video game villain as the face of pure evil. That is a big shadow. I would rather see the dual Toon Zelda then one Villain from a series that already has a more than adequate villain.

Basicly both counter arguments against Rosalina and Bowser Jr. are directed towards Ghirahim. I still think Rosalina's train is better however being that SMG1 and SMG2 rank up with the big 3 Mario Games (SMW, SMB3, and SM64), and actually ranks on best video game ever rankings. Although Skyward Sword is newer and the newest Legend of Zelda game, I don't believe that train will take him all the way. Moveset potential means nothing in the end. If they can walk and jump then they can be in Smash. Popularity is not important, unless it is anti-popularity. What really matters is importance to the series; that makes the difference, and Ghirahim is a one time villain like Vaati, Majora, and Malladus so I wont call him essential but he is essential to the one game train. And the final nail of truth is; villains have less of a chance than heroes. All one has to do is examine the hero to villain ratio in all the Smash games.

Last edited:
Splash, or, he made up Toon Shiek as a quick clone.

Why would Tetra be mislabeled when every other character's file is labeled properly?

Back