WiiChat's Smash4 Group Roster!

The name you gave me explains why

Edit: I am looking that the files right now from a Brawl ISO. I find it odd that ef_toonlink.pac is written without an underscore while ef_toon_sheik.pac and ef_toon_zelda.pac are.
Popo and Nana are on their separately while the supposed pra mai are not.

Last edited:
I have arguments, just gotta go to work, so when I get homo I'll reply to everyone!

Yo there, Moveset potential does not help chances what so ever. I write movesets and anything can be unique. Plus Zelda had no Moveset potential, and I don't consider her duality as obvious as you think. Sure it's obvious now, but back before Melee it was not.

Sakurai has his own set of rules for adding characters, one of which is "being able to do something" which involves movesets. So in a way moveset potential matters

Tingle's fanbase exists only in Japan. Everywhere else he has a huge anti-fanbase.

This is simply not true. It's just not.

I don't think Toon Sheik is going to make it. I think the best route is Phantom Zelda. Staple enemy in two of the three "Toon" games possessed by the soul of Princess Zelda. Plus they are not changing Zelda canon by putting in Phantom Zelda

I don't think Sakurai cares about canon really. Toon Shiek is a disgusting piece of proof.

And thus, my problem when decidin' who the new Zelda character would be. I strongly believe it'd either be TZelda or Ghirahim, but I'm not at all sure who's the more likely. Since WWHD is just a re-release, Ghirahim is more relevant in terms of bein' new to the series. He's also moderately popular, and pretty much just screams t' be put into Smash since he's very much Skyward Sword's main-but-not-really villain. Sort'a like how Jr. was the main villain in Sunshine in that he put in all the work with the big guy who waited for his minion to succeed just capitalizing on their bang-up job.

How do you feel about the harsh fact that Ghirahim probably will not show up in another LoZ game?

And for the sake of mentionin', Demise won't make an appearance. He's less popular than Ghirahim, less prominent in the game and is less popular. Ghirahim would get in 'fore Demise would guaranteed.

I see Ghirahim as the only real SS choice. Groose and Impa are two other less popular choices, and Demise falls behind them even.

There's no REAL arguments against Ghirahim, Tingle, or Toon Zelda / Shiek really.

I mean, Ghirahim is a one shot character, so I personally put little stock into him. He is popular though, I'll give him that. Tingle is like Junior, in the way that he's really the next in line in terms of importance to the Zelda franchise. Link, Ganondorf, Zelda, and Tingle are all important. Don't forget tingle has two of his OWN GAMES. Toon Zelda and Toon Shiek's only argument IMO is that they were planned for Brawl. I can't say they have much going against them really.

I just don't find any of these characters all that likely, but at the same time I could see Sakurai adding any of the three. It's really going to come down to gut instinct on this one. It just comes down to who you predict.

I would say Tetra is dead in the water though. Toon Shiek killed her.

The typo was purposeful.

To put LoZ character popularity into perspective, I'll throw some numbers your way.

My 2011 Poll (700 votes total)
19. Young Link (190)
26. Toon Zelda (167)
34. Vaati (134)
35. Tetra (133)
38. Midna / Wolf Link (125)
40. Majora (119)
46. Tingle (107)

Early 2012 Poll (400 votes total)
17. Ghirahim (134)
39. Impa (82)
44. Tingle (72)
62. Vaati (52)
79. Tetra (43)
88. Toon Zelda (39
)

Current Poll (1900 votes)
10.Ghirahim [Legend Of Zelda] 490

Last edited:
Sakurai has his own set of rules for adding characters, one of which is "being able to do something" which involves movesets. So in a way moveset potential matters
Meaning he wont add a rock, a tree or a biker. There are of course objects and things that can be ruled out by common sense. That's all that means.

This is simply not true. It's just not.
Have you been living under a rock?

Zeldapedia said:
Tingle is easily one of the most recognizable characters in the Zelda series, but he is also considered one of the strangest. His dress, strange habits, and flamboyant personality are often perceived as annoying traits by gamers, and the character has been highly criticized in the West by critics, mostly by the gaming websites ScrewAttack, IGN and GameTrailers. In stark contrast, Tingle is one of the most popular Zelda characters in Japan, which is presumably what led to his many appearances in the series, as well as the spin-off titles in which he has the starring role. Tingle is the only character other than Link to have received this honor.
Popularity does not mean much
But anti-popularity does make a difference

I am a number lover but there are some things misleading about poles and popularity.
You have to keep in mind that the people who dislike are just as important (if not more important) as the ones who like.

You can get a pole to say Hitler is more popular then most people in the world (which is probably true). However if you include all the people who hate him, he will have a negative popularity.

Often the people who dislike are heard more than the people who like.
From the business standpoint again: You already have people who like your product and people who don't like it. Which ones are you going listen to more for improving your product? You can gain helpful insight from the people who already like it, but you will get far more from the ones who don't.

I don't think Sakurai cares about canon really. Toon Shiek is a disgusting piece of proof.
I would say Tetra is dead in the water though. Toon Shiek killed her.
You are basing that off of something that never made it in the game in the first place. If it did, it would have probably been Tetra. So no assumptions on what Sakurai was thinking.

If time allowed it, I would say that Toon Sheik would have ended up as Tetra. However that file name has nothing to do with what would have happened. Tetra is not dead yet.

Also I doubt it was the final file name. Take that underscore into account.

Last edited:
I told you that I'm not changing my stance on Ghirahim. You can attempt to persuade me with arguments for/against any other character, but I will tune out anything opposing my favorite demon lord.

At least I admit my partial denial.

Back