WiiChat's Smash4 Group Roster!

Meaning he wont add a rock, a tree or a biker. There are of course objects and things that can be ruled out by common sense. That's all that means.

Or it means he wouldn't add characters like Balloon Fighter, Bubbles, Nintendog, and Animal Crossing Villager, all real characters he turned down.

Have you been living under a rock?

No, I showed you clear as day that he has fans outside of Japan. Go to Smash boards, he's got supporters. Besides, a lot of what's chosen for Smash is based on Japanese popularity, so win-win.

Popularity does not mean much
But anti-popularity does make a difference

I feel like you're just saying things to disagree with me at this point? Really how can you say popularity doesn't mean much? It's not everything, but it's definitely important. And if Waluigi and Tingle as ATs in Brawl are any indication, hatebases don't matter much. If they did, those characters wouldn't show up in Smash.

I am a number lover but there are some things misleading about poles and popularity.
You have to keep in mind that the people who dislike are just as important (if not more important) as the ones who like.
False. Just false.

You can get a pole to say Hitler is more popular then most people in the world (which is probably true). However if you include all the people who hate him, he will have a negative popularity.

I don't think Tingle is equal to Hitler, firstly. And no, Hitler is not POPULAR. He's infamous. He's probably only POPULAR among NeoNazis and the KKK. I just don't see how you went from having popularity being the SINGLE thing hinging on your argument for Rosalina, to saying it doesn't even matter.

Often the people who dislike are heard more than the people who like.
If that was true Brawl wouldn't have been competitively ****.

You are basing that off of something that never made it in the game in the first place. If it did, it would have probably been Tetra. So no assumptions on what Sakurai was thinking

You're right I am. But it doesn't change the fact that Toon Shiek was considered, and Tetra was not. Tetra's prominence and importance was at her peak during Brawl's development, and yet she still was looked over for Toon Shiek. Says something.

If time allowed it, I would say that Toon Sheik would have ended up as Tetra. However that file name has nothing to do with what would have happened. Tetra is not dead yet.

You're allowed, it just goes against everything pointing to it being Toon Shiek.

But I really, really don't want to debate this further with you, so.

Or it means he wouldn't add characters like Balloon Fighter, Bubbles, Nintendog, and Animal Crossing Villager, all real characters he turned down.
IE people who can't walk, jump, or fight.
Common sense

No, I showed you clear as day that he has fans outside of Japan. Go to Smash boards, he's got supporters. Besides, a lot of what's chosen for Smash is based on Japanese popularity, so win-win.
I may have been exaggerating about having no fans in the west but he is definitely not well received in the west. You may not think it but hate is really powerful.

I feel like you're just saying things to disagree with me at this point? Really how can you say popularity doesn't mean much? It's not everything, but it's definitely important. And if Waluigi and Tingle as ATs in Brawl are any indication, hatebases don't matter much. If they did, those characters wouldn't show up in Smash.
Not at all. You seem to take things after the fact. Well before Melee Zelda was not THAT popular, Marth and Roy was not that popular from a world perspective. You have to realize that it is Smash that makes characters extremely popular. I know I would never have heard about Earthbound/Mother without Smash.

Obviously it seems you don't have enough experience with information perception and obtention or a sense of business. Statistics can be slanted and biased without the person even knowing it. People literally set poles in a way to make anything look favorable. BTW you are arguing with a Math Major about statistics.

I don't think Tingle is equal to Hitler, firstly. And no, Hitler is not POPULAR. He's well known. I just don't see how you went from having popularity being the SINGLE thing hinging on your argument for Rosalina, to saying it doesn't even matter.
Not Rosalina popularity. Super Mario Galaxy's influence and popularity which matter a whole lot.

I never said Tingle is equal to Hitler. Please make sure you don't misquote me. I do hate what Hitler did so please don't bend information.

Anyway,

But you still have to consider, there are a lot of people out there who believed Hitler did the right thing and still agree with him. There are always extremists and radicals. Hitler would in fact be more popular then most of the people in world considering he has a cult following (and that is an actual cult).

You have to consider the people who hate.

There are three sides to the coin.
Love
Indifference
Hate

All have to be considered. Hate can over power love. Love can over power hate. Indifference does make a difference and can drown out the other two. It's about ratio. The ratio of all three. I don't have enough time or patience to explain this further.

If that was true Brawl wouldn't have been competitively ****.
Sorry that does not make any sense. They messed up with Brawl, but there was not much feedback from Melee. So fan opions had little to do with it

You're right I am. But it doesn't change the fact that Toon Shiek was considered, and Tetra was not. Tetra's prominence and importance was at her peak during Brawl's development, and yet she still was looked over for Toon Shiek. Says something.
I just steroid-ed a post
Go check it out
It explains why they would leave the name like that. (programing reasons).
http://www.wiichat.com/forum/smash-...s-smash4-group-roster-page11.html#post1248400

Last edited:
So, I'm going to go ahead and leave my prediction:

Link
Zelda / Shiek
Ganondorf
Toon Link

So far I have my own, and Squid's vote. No rush, just keeping tabs.

Last edited:
I've heard of it of course, just don't feel like going through the effort to get it.

Anyways, on the topic of LoZ character predictions of Smash4, does anyone have anything they would like to add? Or place their vote?

t.jpgt2.png

A re-textured ballonfighter and a mediocre game?

Also, Project M is worth the time spent trying to make it work

Back