Win me over. ;)

paintba||er said:

In Live you have one list of friends and they are your friends in all your games. But the PS3 has a list on the XMB and a list in each game. So if I add my friend in The Darkness then I'm going to have to add him again in Resistance and again in the XMB. Its not a huge deal, but it is slightly annoying.

Hmm but that may change come PSHOME. And you could join them that way anyways :p

I really... REALLY want PS HOME soon, it looks fantastic.

The friends list thing does get annoying sometimes though, can never remember which friends are from the game or the XMB

Oh. So do you make an Account like the Gamertag on Xboxlive?

Can i sign up anywhere on the net? Or do you Make an account (password and stuff?) on the Ps3. Or is there no Password, and its JUST on that Ps3.

Before the PS3 came out there was a place you could reserve your name...

But if you get a PS3, you just make your account on there, you use a username and password, and then you can choose a different name for your Playstation Network ID thing which people will see when you play online games

To clear this up, you can remove the HDD and controller battery without voiding the warranty. Sony put how to do both in the manual so if you mess something up cause of it, you can return it for a new one.

GamerCon said:
To clear this up, you can remove the HDD and controller battery without voiding the warranty. Sony put how to do both in the manual so if you mess something up cause of it, you can return it for a new one.

Well thats cool, maybe ill end up doing that someday. Are you able to put anything in? (Like 500GB.. 1TB.. as long as its the right size?) or can the Ps3 only support certain ones.

And whats the point for different OS's? What is the Ps3 OS like?

You need a 2.5" SATA HDD, unfortunately, laptop HDD's dont get very big.

Depends on what you want to do with it. I dont really use Linux right now but when more emulators get around, ill be using it for that.

The PS3 OS is just the XMB features.

:update: External HDD's also work for the PS3. So you can get one of those and have a lot of space.

Last edited:
Back