Xbox 360 have a web browser in its future?

Xanthan

Hardcore Gamer
Nov 30, 2006
Augusta, GA
Wii Online Code
6188-0435-3585-1038
With the Nintendo about to release an Opera browser for its Wii console, do you think this will motivate Microsoft to finally implement a browser into the 360's multimedia arsenal?

its not rather we want one its "ps3 and wii have a webbrowser,lets make one on ours,but better,MUCH BETTA!!" but yeah thats what there probaly thinking if they want one.

i think it might depend on how sales go this christmas. if they see they are selling alot...meh they probably won't. i would must rather prefer to use a real keyboard and mouse on a real computer than to have a browser with an xbox controller and a somewhat blurry tv(i have a 22" mitsubishi)

ummm did ya know youcan use a keyboard on 360?i use it for ffxi

wayne said:
Why would you want one? "ooh, ooh i really want spyware on my 360"

Erm. No. Won't happen.

It's about as likely as getting a virus/spyware on a Mac or a PS3 (very unlikely).

Viruses and spyware are created for Windows for PC's. The 360 uses a different architecture then PC's. Therefore, anything written to be run in Windows will not run on the 360. Like all spyware.

ilcid said:
Erm. No. Won't happen.

It's about as likely as getting a virus/spyware on a Mac or a PS3 (very unlikely).

Viruses and spyware are created for Windows for PC's. The 360 uses a different architecture then PC's. Therefore, anything written to be run in Windows will not run on the 360. Like all spyware.

I wouldnt put it pass hackers to find a way to give spyware out to the 360. Since their main focus is to be antiMicrosoft and 360 is microsoft.

Jesse said:
I wouldnt put it pass hackers to find a way to give spyware out to the 360. Since their main focus is to be antiMicrosoft and 360 is microsoft.

Not really. They just want to affect as many users as possible with as little work as they can.

Windows happens to be fairly easy to write for, and what's the percentage of users that use Windows? Several times higher than the percentage of Linux of Mac OS users, which have next to no spyware or viruses.

The number of XBox 360 users, and the difficulty to write spyware that would run on the 360 would discourage people from writing viruses and spyware to the point where next to no one would get infected.

I would hope that Microsoft at least consider having a Dashboard update in which you can go on Internet Explorer Vista and just surf the net. I mean think about this, PS3 has Linux, and Wii has Opera. If they seem to be a big hit, then Microsoft is naturally gonna go after it. I also heard of a black PREMIUM controller, that is wireless, black, the buttons are better placed (no crappy D-pad) and it has motion sensing. It was in one of the Microsoft surveys. Just goes to show you that if something is big, then companies want to have that success.

Back