Xbox 360 or PS3??

thats not what im saying though.

PS3 is the better console.

if Ps3 and Xbox were both £200.$300

and they both had the exact same number of games, and the exact same games,

which would you get?
PS3 i thought so (unless your a total hater, or Microsoft fanboy)
Ps3 is better i everyway, (except online, but thats because the games it has not the console)

some say the games make the console, thats true, but if they had the same games, the console would make the games and the PS3 would own all

daviduk200 said:
Dont say Xbox because your fanboys people (not saying you are)

but PS3 is clearly better, you cannot deny that its a better console,

Ignore cost and games for now, Its more capable than 360 by a mile, its just plain better.

but if you bring games into the mix, 360 has a way bigger range, and a few better,

ps3>360 in following catagories

Graphics, power, memory (excluding new elite), disc readers, usb port numbers, number of controls supported, battery life of controlls, they are also easily made wired so no need for batteries,
rofl
ps3 is clearly better! its CLEAR! as in no explanation needed, oh wait/...

Well, say what you want, but you keep proving to me that you like PS3s and you think we should all think like you just because the console was more powerfull.
Got news for ya, Gamecube and X-Box were more powerfull in 6th gen console wars, but the weaker PS2 won by far, but where are they now? Behind...

yeah im nt denying that,

and for your info iwas a clear PS3 hater for a long time but i finally realised its actually really good,
gamecube failed due to it not getttting enough attention at launch with only 2 or so first party titles on first month making people go for the console with the most options,

and xbox was just shite lol

Xbox 360 despite the problems. I wouldn't get a PS3 over a 360, prefer the 360 controllers, and the presentation of the 360. The difference in graphics is negligible at most and both have a decent game selection with the 360 being around longer, thus giving it a larger selection and more time to fully utilize the capabilities of the system. I'm sure all of this has been covered but I just wanted to throw my 2 cents in.

Well since the price drop there really isn't a whole lot of difference between the two in that area, if you can afford one you can afford the other. But I have Wii and I am getting my Elite today and no the PS3 due to the fact that all of my friends have the 360 and we can trade games and play online, borrow controllers, etc. There are way more people with the 360 which IMO right there makes it worth more to me to buy it. The more following it has the more games/development there will be and the cheaper things for it will become.

I am leaning towards 360 atm, because of the selection of games and online play, but stiill HOME for PS3 looks AMAZING. And also, I do like RPG Games, and 360 does not offer many, but mostly I like 2 - 4 player games, and especially co-op games. 360 also is cheaper so yea... just dont want the godam 3 red lights ****

EDIT: Oh yeahhh damm do you still have to pay the extra $80 for the cables for PS3??, and does the 360 hav a USB port i can connect to for internet?

Last edited:
I really prefer 360 controller over PS dualshock.... i can get use to have those two stick in the middle. :crazy:

All my friend have 360...and the exclusive titles are atm better on 360...maybe ps3 will beat 360 graphics in 2 years...then the console will be affordable (250$)...:smilewinkgrin:

but they will be no point of getting it for me because they wont be enough exclusive for ps3 that i like.:ciappa:

Last edited:
dont take advice from fanboys.

here is the best advice i can give you, goto gamestop.com and browse through the PS3's games. if you can find at least 5 games youd like to play that will be out by the time you buy the PS3 then dont get an Xbox.

the PS3 is the only console i dont own (stupid me, bought a 360) well i like my 360 but its got a crappy dvd player (one of the worst ever made) no buffer in the drive so u cant touch it while its playing a disc. and of course, the imfamous red ring of death, wich appeared the second day i had my console.

PS3 is probably the best console to buy if you have the patience for games like killzone 2 and metal gear solid 4 but if u want to play sweet games like halo 3 and bioshock right now, then buy a 360, but i think youll regret it in a year or so, im already regretting not going the other way and getting a PS3.

edit: forgot to mention that with all the new movies coming out in HD DVD and Blu-ray formats its a nice, REAL CHEAP blu-ray player as im sure u know. most blu-ray players are a grand if im not mistaken. and also, Blu-ray is winning the format war with HDDVD too (so i hear, correct me if im wrong)

so yeah, bottom line PS3 is a great investment. it will be around way longer than the 360. some say thats a good thing, some say sony will be left behind. i think its good.

Last edited:
I don't know if you were talking about me...but someone gave me this advice before:

"if you can find at least 5 games you want to play now on a system buy it"

I follow it and i'm really happy.But his question is still worth some serious thinking. He should listen to himself and what he like and what he really want out of is machine.

i dont need a BR-personally im happy with my dvd upscaling to 1080p on my hdtv via an hdmi cable. But if he need one it might be a good investment.

Stand alone BR player can now be found for about 500$us btw and you can find the toshiba low-end model of HD-DVD for 200-250$us.

But the in fact the xbox360 vs ps3 agurmentation is pure speculation nobody know what will be the state of those two system in 3 years. So listen to yourself like i did and you will make the right choice!!!:yikes:

Last edited:
Back