Zelda on wii v/s gamecube

jcblough

WiiChat Member
May 17, 2007
I got twilight princess on the gamecube in disgust over my lack of finding a wii - I'm just now beyond the water temple and now I'm hooked on my wii. I'm wondering is the experience of playing zelda on the wii worth the purchase? in a way, I hate to waste the $50, but it almost seems that I'm gonna waste it anyway by not playing it on the gc . . . thoughts?

I haven't played both versions, only the Wii... But for one thing, if you didn't know, the world would be flipped if you played the Wii one since they made Link right-handed in the Wii one to match how most people would play. My opinion is a little off cuz it WAS my first Wii game so the controls were exciting and new and stuff, but I'd say it's worth it. Just having to kinda flick the nunchuk really quick to do the spinaround move is pretty cool. Being able to aim at the screen to shoot arrows or whatever is very nice. Hell, I wanna play the game again right now.

the lefty/righty thing will be weird cuz I'm a lefty. Part of me wants to get it cuz an rpg like game with those controls seems great. I grew up playing zelda (I"m 32) and I see this one slipping past me since I got lucky and snagged a wii.

Well, I'd seen them mention that on X-Play and they said none of the lefties they had play the game had any difficulty at all, so I wouldn't worry about it.

If you havent removed your Zelda game for GameCube from the package, depending on where you bought it, you should be able to trade it in towards your new Wii Zelda.

But yes, Zelda on game cube is a mirror image of zelda on Wii.

Kudos on your Wii purchase.

It is officially a used title - I just finished the 3rd temple before I scored the wii. I keep saying that I'm going to play it, but I keep playing my wii games instead.

Try returning it to Target, say you got it as a gift and your aunt got you the wrong version. Sometimes you'll be lucky enough that they'll allow the switch.

Another reason to acquire the wii version is for the fishing experience, the whole pulling the wiimote back and flicking it forward and winding it up with your nunchuk and wiimote is alot of fun [if you're into zelda fishing or fishing in real life].

Not worth in my opinion if you've already got the Gamecube version unpacked and you said water temple, that's pretty far. Many others who bought a Wii and played both versions of the game end up liking the Gamecube version better.

From reviews it' said that both version are almost identical minus the mirror world, some graphical touches and the Wii motion control scheme. Myself I only own a Wii (which plays Gamecube games too) I bought the Wii version of Twilight Princess along with my Wii cause I had no Gamecube controller (I wouldn't I have bought the Gamecube version anyway).

It's not worth the dollars if you just want the Wii version and the Wii version is not gonna make you want to play the game more cause it's essentially the same game. Although I should mention that Twlight Princess on the Wii will get you a custom to the controller scheme for future Zelda games release on Wii not to mention other Wii game titles...

If I were in the situation, knowing myself I would try and get the Wii version. But you said $50, money don't come by easy these days so I think I would pass. If it were $20-25 I might consider it, but for $50 the Wii version has to be like graphically superior with Wii exclusive bonuses like dungeons or items or something for my to justify.

But it's totally up to you

Last edited:
Back