Zelda or Zelda 2 ?

Zelda 2, it was such a hard game. I don't like the fact if you waste all your keys in the first one... you have to go on a long and boring rupee hunt to buy another one.

i say first zelda cause zelda 2 was just too weird from changing the camera from top perspective to a side scroller

and besides, the original zelda reminds me of the awesome game boy zeldas

I don't care much for either honestly, as I prefer the 3d games, but if I'd have to pick one, it'd be the original.

I didn't like the RPG feel of Zelda II, not to mention the sidescrolling.

NjD00 said:
doesn't Mario 2 for NES feel kinda different too?

Still however, both are sweet games

srry for off topic....but i feel the same way...mario two seems like it was made by a different group of people who were completely isolated from playing the first game..all they got were drawings and a game engine lol

the 2nd one had lots of ground breaking stuff actually, but was just so far removed from how the first one was that it just lost purpose to me.
the first is and always will be one of my favorite games of all time.

it's hard to make change in your bread and butter series in games, for the time they were pushing the envelope of development, it doesn't seem like much in todays terms. I remember a few mac software development programs my dad had in the 80s, it was neat learning that stuff growing up, he had some commodore 64 stuff and his coworker had some early console development programs.

Last edited:
gibbonman said:
Zelda 2, it was such a hard game. I don't like the fact if you waste all your keys in the first one... you have to go on a long and boring rupee hunt to buy another one.

Are you serious? come on... Is that really the only reason you say 2 is better? I'm pretty sure you can complete the original without having to buy a single key.

As for me, I would say the original is better, though I never was able to beat number 2. This inspires me to VC it.

Xiggy said:
srry for off topic....but i feel the same way...mario two seems like it was made by a different group of people who were completely isolated from playing the first game..all they got were drawings and a game engine lol

That's because the Mario 2 we got in America wasn't the real Super Mario 2. The original Mario 2 in Japan was exactly like the first mario just with tougher levels. (If you've played Mario All Stars, it's known as "the lost levels"). Since that game was really tough and not very different they decided to take a Japanese game called Yume Kojo: Doki Doki Panic, change the characters into Mario characters and release it as a Mario game. Here is a wikipedia link

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Super_mario_2

Sorry to get off topic tho...Back to topic Zelda 1 is way better, no doubt about it.

Robotnik said:
That's because the Mario 2 we got in America wasn't the real Super Mario 2. The original Mario 2 in Japan was exactly like the first mario just with tougher levels. (If you've played Mario All Stars, it's known as "the lost levels"). Since that game was really tough and not very different they decided to take a Japanese game called Yume Kojo: Doki Doki Panic, change the characters into Mario characters and release it as a Mario game. Here is a wikipedia link

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Super_mario_2

Sorry to get off topic tho...Back to topic Zelda 1 is way better, no doubt about it.
and here I thought I was the only one with that knowledge, I wasn't even going to mention that LOL bravo!

Zelda 2 was a really tough (in a good way) game. Lots of tight platforming that takes a skilled hand to master. Lots of tough enemies even outside of boss rooms. Lots of hidden rooms and memorable NPCs, cool items, a nice sized quest, side quests for magic and health expansion...

It was also ahead of it's time on character leveling. I wouldn't actually choose between the two (or for that matter, choose any Zelda at the expense of another), but Zelda 2 is the more unique experience, and shouldn't be missed. Especially if you fancy yourself a hardcore gamer. It's the one to beat for bragging rights.

Wiinter said:
Zelda 2 was a really tough (in a good way) game. Lots of tight platforming that takes a skilled hand to master. Lots of tough enemies even outside of boss rooms. Lots of hidden rooms and memorable NPCs, cool items, a nice sized quest, side quests for magic and health expansion...

It was also ahead of it's time on character leveling. I wouldn't actually choose between the two (or for that matter, choose any Zelda at the expense of another), but Zelda 2 is the more unique experience, and shouldn't be missed. Especially if you fancy yourself a hardcore gamer. It's the one to beat for bragging rights.
you are def right
the problem in gaming as with other artistic industries is that no one likes change, ever, unless it's graphics and cosmetics. I appreciate that game for what it did for other games, but for me, I just didn't like the way it hashed out compared to the first, it didn't have the flow of the first one.

Back