Zombie Massacre reconfirmed, still Wii exclusive

ResEvilWii

WiiChat Member
Jan 27, 2009
208705_feaart.jpg

Here's a link to a interview with one of the game's makers:
http://www.gamepro.com/article/features/208705/zombie-massacre-interview-house-of-the-dead-meets-crazy-taxi-on-the-wii/

Some key points:
-4 player co-op
-Wii Wheel AND Wii Zapper compatible
-Use of a varitey of weapons: from guns to various melee weapons
-movie adaptation in the works

As for the release date, we do not have a finalized date in mind as of yet. Also, here are some facts about the game that some people may or may not know: ZM Supports The Wii Wheel & Wii Zapper Accessories & ZM Is Also Targeting Support for Wii amBX.
Wii amBX? Is Nintendo working on an amBX peripheral? This is the first I've heard any mention of this.

For anyone wondering what amBX is:
amBX is to make its "ambient tech" tool available to developers for free from January.

The SDK offers software developers everything they need to add amBX effects to their games, including test tools and example apps. A support forum will also be launched so developers will have all the information they need to get the most from the tool.

Of course, what this means is that it's more likely we'll be seeing much more ambient technology creeping into our games.

Designed to "bring game play in to the room", amBX's website describes it as "the virtual world reaching out from your screen".

So, when you play the game you'll feel and experience all the action as if you were actually in the game - the movement of vehicles, shifts in lighting, rumbling explosions, ricocheting bullets, the wind in your face - the mix of ambient lighting, vision, sound and tactile sensations is designed to give you a gaming experience like no other.

amBX’s CEO Neil MacDonald said: "The amBX SDK provides developers with everything they need to get quickly up to speed and at no charge".

"It makes amBX very approachable and this will be a major step forward for us as we take the amBX proposition to wider markets and sectors. The whole point of amBX is to immerse the player deeper into the game and the amBX SDK now makes a rather complex operation very simple and extremely low cost".

Look out for PC games containing the technology next year, the tool will be available for free, rather than on a project-by-project basis as previously, on 12 January.
Source: http://www.pocket-lint.co.uk/news/news.phtml/21588/22612/amBX-ambient-tool-free-2009.phtml

Also see the amBX site, where you can buy kits already (includes ambient lighting, woofers, fans): http://www.ambx.com/

Last edited:
4 player co-op?

That's amazing, that is something I've always wanted in a Wii game. Even playing a game like Zelda or Mario with another person would have been good (not that stupid point and catch stars crap) but 4 players is great!

4 player co-op + Zombies = awesome.

Well, at least the concept is sound. Definately worth a look :D

It'll be the Wii equivolent of Left 4 Dead (with driving added). God, I love that game! :D

Lucky and wild + Zombies = Cofusion

It'll be one giant disappointment. Sigh. Back to Left 4 Dead.

It'll be one giant disappointment. Sigh. Back to Left 4 Dead.

Where will my career take me? Will my grandma ever forgive me for running over Fluffy?... . . and Who will I marry?

Where will my career take me? Will my grandma ever forgive me for running over Fluffy?... . . and Who will I marry?

The banner alone leaves me worried but, Uwe Boll is making the film and we haven't even seen the game yet. People are expecting L4D but I'm thinking it'll be offline co-op and like I said earlier, banner doesn't leave me a good impression of what game will be. It's an on rails taxing game where you have to deliver a war head, in the interview they even said it's a driving game with a shooting gimmick attached.

The banner alone leaves me worried but, Uwe Boll is making the film and we haven't even seen the game yet. People are expecting L4D but I'm thinking it'll be offline co-op and like I said earlier, banner doesn't leave me a good impression of what game will be. It's an on rails taxing game where you have to deliver a war head, in the interview they even said it's a driving game with a shooting gimmick attached.

Unless you've played it you have no right in saying what it plays like. It may be a disappointment or it may be a classic. Like World of Goo before it, don't judge unless you've played it already.

Unless you've played it you have no right in saying what it plays like. It may be a disappointment or it may be a classic. Like World of Goo before it, don't judge unless you've played it already.

I never said I knew what it plays like, I said that the developers know what it plays like. Actually read the interview, yeah?

And stop defending it then, you haven't played it either, but I think what I've said has more backed up.

Back