2012 conspiracy

phillepino

SSBB Name = JAA!
Oct 7, 2007
SACTOWN
Wii Online Code
5481-6878-4567-7796
Let's discuss about the conspiracy of 2012.

This is all theory any opinions are welcome :D

Though, this theory scares the hell out of me...

here's a quote from wikipedia:

do not read if you're going to be offended... I dont mean to offend anyone.

I do not believe this myself, but it's an interesting theory.

"Metaphysical predictions

2012 is sometimes claimed to be a great year of spiritual transformation (or apocalypse). Many esoteric sources interpret the completion of the thirteenth B'ak'tun cycle in the Long Count of the Maya calendar (which occurs on December 21 by the most widely held correlation) to mean there will be a major change in world order.

Accordingly, several eclectic authors claim that a major, world-changing event will take place in 2012:

* The 1995 book The Mayan Prophecies linked the Maya calendar with long-period sunspot cycles.
* The book 2012: Mayan Year of Destiny claims the Maya may have been instructed in their wisdom by disembodied entities from Orion and the Pleiades. Contact was maintained through shamanic rituals conducted in accordance with the movements of planets and stars. However, some Mayan priests living and working in Guatemala assert that there is no legitimacy to this theory.
* The 1997 book The Bible Code claims that, according to certain algorithms of the Bible code, a meteor, asteroid or comet will collide with the Earth.
* The book The Nostradamus Code speaks of a series of natural disasters caused by a comet (possibly as above) that will allow the third Antichrist to disperse his troops around the globe under the guise of aid in preparation for a possible nuclear war, although in the strictest sense it is unspecific as to nuclear war or some other natural or man caused destruction.
* The book The Orion Prophecy claims that the Earth's magnetic field will reverse.
* The 2005 book Beyond 2012: Catastrophe or Ecstasy by Geoff Stray reviews several theories, prophecies and predictions concerning 2012 and finds where authors have used faulty information or have bent the truth to fit their theories.
* The 2006 book 2012: The Return of Quetzalcoatl by Daniel Pinchbeck discusses theories of a possible global awakening to psychic connection by the year 2012, creating a noosphere.
* The 2007 book Apocalypse 2012: A Scientific Investigation into Civilization's End by Lawrence Joseph does not make any specific new predictions, but it reviews a number of 2012 predictions made by various sources, and presents arguments for the possible existence of dangerous positive feedback loops involving solar storms, Earth's magnetic field, cosmic rays, hurricanes, global warming, earthquakes, and supervolcanoes that may be on the verge of erupting.

Other prophecies and apocalyptic writings and hypotheses for this year include:

* Terence McKenna's mathematical novelty theory suggests a point of singularity in which humankind will go through a great shift in consciousness.
* Some proponents of a peak oil catastrophe place major events in 2012. Richard C. Duncan's book The Peak of World Oil Production and the Road To The Olduvai Gorge claims that the Olduvai cliff will begin and permanent blackouts will occur worldwide. Several studies predict a peak in oil production in or around 2012. [13][14][15]
* Some alien-enthusiasts (e.g. Riley Martin), along with some new-agers, believe 2012 to correspond approximately with the return of alien "watchers" or "caretakers" who might have helped the first human civilizations with developing their technology and may have been waiting for us to reach a higher level of technological and/or social advancement. Beliefs range from the extra-terrestrials having benevolent purposes — such as to help human society evolve — to malevolent purposes — such as enslavement of mankind and/or manipulation.
* There is a Hindu following indicating the appearance of an Avatar (God in human form) with God-like powers who will herald a new age. A website to this effect appears at: End of the World 2012."

BULLSH_T
Can I buy a vowel please? Lol I'm just messing with ya

Ahh this old conspiracy again... Lol there has already been a thread about this and it was pretty interesting...Personally I don't believe anything is going to happen when it turns 2012. I don't wanna get to in depth with the discussion thats going to arise so I'll leave it at that.

Wii are all waiting till 2112
When the rerealse of RUSHs epic album gets beamed into our heads (compleate with the full concert in hollovision)

dont care, dont know. i personally am not afraid to die, and dont know wen the apocolypse is gonna hapen

See my first post in the one day to live thread to see how ill die

I don't actually believe that the world is going to end, to be completely honest. They said that the world was going to end in 2000, and if anyone hasn't noticed yet, we are still here.
So, as far as I am concerned, they are just theories.

There's always going to be doomsday prophesies. One day, the human race is likely to die out. But worrying about when will only distract us from leading a good life now.

Gonna be a bad year for people who believe 2012 is the end of days (so to speak), their blood pressure will be sky-high, right up until December 31st of that year.

Besides, isn't it relying on the years being correct (the conversions and such to bring Mayan time in line with the C.E and B.C.E of today - or to others, A.D. and B.C). For all we know, there could have been a miscaluclation and it's actually meant to be 2008...

Bwahahaha. We're all going to die! /kidding

Squall7 said:
There's always going to be doomsday prophesies. One day, the human race is likely to die out. But worrying about when will only distract us from leading a good life now.

Gonna be a bad year for people who believe 2012 is the end of days (so to speak), their blood pressure will be sky-high, right up until December 31st of that year.

Besides, isn't it relying on the years being correct (the conversions and such to bring Mayan time in line with the C.E and B.C.E of today - or to others, A.D. and B.C). For all we know, there could have been a miscaluclation and it's actually meant to be 2008...

Bwahahaha. We're all going to die! /kidding
:lol: Haha, its been a while since I've seen you post, what have you been up to?

I agree that there is no sense in worrying about things we cannot foresee, I mean like you said it could have been misinterpreted and the human race will be wiped out tomorrow. I know that if something does happen I'll just want to know that I've led a life I can look back and smile on. I think these theories are just that, and until some hard evidence of an impending doom is presented, I will not worry about it. (Sorry if any of this doesn't make sense, it's 5:35 AM here and I haven't slept.)

Didn't I already debunk this stupid 2012 crap?

Sigh. I'll repeat again: there is no planet Nibiru on a collision course with Earth. We'd have seen it by now. Plus, while the latest Mayan "long count" does indeed end in 2012, the fact that the last one ended in the 4th century BCE kind of throws a spanner in the works, seeing as humanity has been around longer than that.

And since when were the ancient Mayans able to predict the future? Sure, they were brilliant astronomers and mathematicians, but they sacrificed children to their gods! Not really a reliable source, eh?

Last edited:
Mayan calendar aside ,
CELESTIAL EVENTS IN 2012

Transition of venus
The solar system passes through the centre of the galaxy
Pole shift of the sun

all fairly normal (in celestial terms)
however when you consider that Earth is thousands of years overdue a magnetic pole shift and all of theses events will affect the magnetic force of our planet , its not unreasonable to think its possible it will trigger our polar shift causing global catastrophe

and thats science for you

not that I believe in that sort of thing

The Mayans were able to predict the end of the world, yet they were not able to predict the end of their own civilization? Sounds fishy.

el-zilcho said:
Mayan calendar aside ,
CELESTIAL EVENTS IN 2012

Transition of venus
The solar system passes through the centre of the galaxy
Pole shift of the sun

all fairly normal (in celestial terms)
however when you consider that Earth is thousands of years overdue a magnetic pole shift and all of theses events will affect the magnetic force of our planet , its not unreasonable to think its possible it will trigger our polar shift causing global catastrophe

and thats science for you

not that I believe in that sort of thing

Argh! What's with all the bad astronomy? The solar system ain't going anywhere near the centre of the galaxy (we're over 30,000 light years away) and transits of Venus and Solar magnetic shifts are perfectly normal and happen all the time with no effect on the Earth. However, you are correct that the Earth might eventually flip it's magnetic poles, but there's no known way to predict when that will happen.

Napalmbrain said:
Argh! What's with all the bad astronomy? The solar system ain't going anywhere near the centre of the galaxy .

Well im not an astronomer ....its just what I read .

And all im saying is that these events are happening in synch (which is not ordinary) other than the part about the sun being in the centre of the galaxy if you are correct .
And im sure that events such as these do bear some impact on the planet and could well trigger our polar shift

lol never gonna happen....i'll just be sitting back watching all the fools run around like chickens without a head and ill be looting baby, yea thats right..lol

Last edited:
The only way the world is gonna end in 2012 is from nuclear war.

It's not just gonna end out of nowhere...

And I don't care how smart you are you can't just predict the end of humanity on the dot thousands of years before...

Back