45 min's to ride over hyrule!

sasuke747 said:
If it is 45 min then im selling the game :mad: its just completely unneccesary to make it 45 min to get to the other side

i think the idea is to show how expansive the game it.......

i was hoping for something comparable to wind waker, with more of a Shadow of the Colossus feel, and it sure as hell looks like Colossus, only it takes about 15-20 minutes to get from one corner to another. Now even though it takes that long, theres no reason in the game to ever have to do that, jsut like im assuming in twilight. Granted, i could be wrong, cause wind waker required quite a lot of sailing.

i know i wasnt the only one to set your path, and go eat dinner.

anyway, my point is that just means a big game.....sounds comparable to san andreas in a slow car....... im down with that

Yea but im not a very big fan of Zelda that much I mean i prefer it over Metroid but anyways i just think if you have a quest on the other side of Hyrule and you have Teleportation Song then it's gonna be extremely Annoying.

like i said, dont fall for the 45 minutes thing all as one thing; 45 minutes to go across hyrule could mean it takes 45 minutes total; of course, u wont b sent on a mission on the other side of hyrule and travel 45 minutes just to get there; probably missions throughout the game that u move further and further thorughout the game and total travelling time to get ALL throughtout hyrule is 45 minutes, without the use of shortcuts or telepoprting. this is most-probably misleading, and like i said, the developers of the game probably already encountered this problem even if it really were 100% true! theres more to it than just the 45 minutes across, u know? we'll find out when the right time comes

Some people will look at things negatively no matter how good the message is. They simply implied this zelda world is gonna be bigger then any other zelda world before, they mentioned the time to give us an idea of how big the world is. Everything else is speculation. If you have a problem with a bigger zelda world/game I suggest you don't play zelda anymore.

And I doubt that tasks you have to do will constantly take you from one side to the other, you might just ease your way over. They know how to make a good game...don't read into it too much, just trust that they know what they're doing.

Perhaps I was a little hasty earlier, but now I'm thinking a huge world may not be a bad thing if executed right. Take Oblivion for example: it's large, but it's an interesting world with lots of things to do and places to find. It's almost certain Twilight Princess isn't going to have hundreds of dungeons in it like Oblivion, but there could be other kinds of places out in the open, for example villages, farms (if there was one thing that I found odd about Hyrule in previous Zelda games, it was that it looked like virtually no one lived there), and various natural landmarks.

they would have to use very cheap looking polygons for the area, i mean 45mins yea its nice, but all the land would take from memory i doubt it, u usre it didn't say in-game time?

NeMeZyZ said:
they would have to use very cheap looking polygons for the area, i mean 45mins yea its nice, but all the land would take from memory i doubt it, u usre it didn't say in-game time?

Im pretty sure it is real time not ingame cause i think i read this news somewhere else aswel. Anyway, i think that it can be done and that the news is real.

I'we always wanted someone to come out with a game that would take like days to get from one end of the world to the other, that would mean lots and lots of places to visit on the way

True, have to agree with B'day boy :) No but he does have a point, it would get frustrating travelling for ages thats why i think they should have a map with small dots in which u can click so u go directly to the town as previously said by someone else in this thread

Back