All Things Hockey

I've never really liked the fact that division leaders are seeded 1-2-3 in the NHL.

The Canes should be 7th place as of now, but because they happen to be the best team in a **** hole division, they are in third.

JCpackers05 said:
no devils only lead the conference by 1 as the penguins are now the 2nd best team in the conference but still only the 4th seed because they are in the Devils division.
No, they lead the conference by two, I got it wrong, but whatever. They are winning the DIVISION by one.

Anyway, to the guy above me, QFT

CocoSSBB said:
No, they lead the conference by two, I got it wrong, but whatever. They are winning the DIVISION by one.

Anyway, to the guy above me, QFT

*slaps his hand on forehead*

nooooo. they lead the division and conference by 1 point. top 3 seeds = teams winning the division...penguins = 4th seed because devils are in their division and ahead by 1 point. however. penguins = 2nd most points in the conference...but are only the 4th seed because the top 3 seeds are the division leaders and the devils are winning the division at the moment. therefore. if the penguins get 2 points...they will jump to 1st in the conference because they'll be winning the division. so in this case. the division lead. is also the conference lead.

and @Tank. i like the standings. except for in this case...where carolina is definitly not a good fit for the playoffs right now. specially since the Rangers may end up 6th...and they'll get another easy first round...just like last year...Rangers practically had a first round bye.

JCpackers05 said:

nooooo. they lead the division and conference by 1 point. top 3 seeds = teams winning the division...penguins = 4th seed because devils are in their division and ahead by 1 point. however. penguins = 2nd most points in the conference...but are only the 4th seed because the top 3 seeds are the division leaders and the devils are winning the division at the moment. therefore. if the penguins get 2 points...they will jump to 1st in the conference because they'll be winning the division. so in this case. the division lead. is also the conference lead.

and @Tank. i like the standings. except for in this case...where carolina is definitly not a good fit for the playoffs right now. specially since the Rangers may end up 6th...and they'll get another easy first round...just like last year...Rangers practically had a first round bye.
Oh... I'm looking at the standings and I thought you were on crack.

Now I feel like a total idiot.

The Canucks blew it last night against the Av's. Luongo wasn't too happy about the loss either.

Syntax said:
The Canucks blew it last night against the Av's. Luongo wasn't too happy about the loss either.
score? did peter play? and foote's back on the team too. didnt they get salei..or was that the pens??

whatever, flyers finally won in regulation!! woo

JCpackers05 said:

Right Right. Sometimes it works out that the third place team actually earns their seed. But with that system it possible for a team to make the playoffs with less points than the 8th place team. And that's ALMOST the situation this year. We'll see how it plays out.

JCpackers05 said:
lolll dont worry. i confused myself with that explanation...to be honest i didnt think you were gonna get it and woulda just been like...wtf is wrong with you. lolll.

so where in NJ are you from?
I live in South Jersey. Long story.

samXcor3 said:
score? did peter play? and foote's back on the team too. didnt they get salei..or was that the pens??

whatever, flyers finally won in regulation!! woo

Peter didn't play, and yes they also have Salei.

Leafs blew it against Tampa tonight in Overtime.
I have no idea what they are trying to do right now, make the playoffs or sit somewhere in between the playoffs and being able to get a good pick.

oh man...what to say about the Devils last night...terrible. not one player came to play last night. they had zippo offense and couldnt even keep the puck in the offensive zone for more than a minute. and all there shots. were right into defenders legs. not only did the offense play bad but the defense broke down 3 times on the penalty kill. 3 caps goals on pp were cross ice passes for 1 timers...it was overall a horrible night. there was actually a big crowd too.

I missed the game, saw the score, threw my remote and almost broke my TV. Ottawa AND Pittsburgh lost, and the Devils had a chance to pull away against the freaking Capitals who are in 11th (or 10th, something like that) in the conference and lost 4-0. They blew it.

yeah it was a big opprotunity...and they completly missed out. they've played like crap the last 3 games...and it reached its epitome last night. they play the Canadiens tonight...definitly need to win this one.

Back