And The Wiichat Game of the Year Goes To...

nic7

Wiichat Member
Aug 22, 2006
Iowa, America
Wii Online Code
8853-1952-9704-6115
Well, the votes are in and you, the people of Wiichat, have decided on 2007's Game of the Year. And (rather unsurprisingly) the game of the year goes to...

Super Mario Galaxy

Thanks to all who voted. We actually had a pretty good turn out. (At least more than I first expected) It was most definitely a great year for gaming this year and I'm glad to have been a part of it (I did buy the games)

2-10 below

2. Call of Duty 4
3. Guitar Hero 3
4. Metroid Prime 3
5. The Orange Box
6. Resident Evil 4: Wii Edition
7. Bioshock
8. Mario Strikers: Charged
9. Halo 3
10. Medal of Honor Heroes 2

Probably a tad bit bias, but still entertaining to see what the people of Wiichat think. I'm most definitely looking forward to 2008.

Oh P.S. I've got an idea for a "Forum Awards" Where we vote on the winners from the forums for topics such as most helpful, nicest member, most sarcastic etc. I think it could be a pretty good idea. Anyone game?

this is a nintendo forum ofcourse its gonna be a nintendo game. (lol) but i liked metroid better i think it was underrated. Only wish they had online then itll kik ass, the ds version has online you can chooe from any seven of the hunters i thought it was cool.

not a surprise at that one. i love the game and could play for hours nonstop. (until i gotta change those damn batteries):lol:

Haha yeah I know. It isn't too surprising Galaxy was named Game of the Year, but We still have to give props to it though. It was one of the best games that was released this year and it got the spot for the reason.

SMG got the title of "Best game ever created", tied with The Legend Of Zelda: Ocarina Of Time. I'm not surprised of the turnout.

Congrats to SMG I think im gonna play it tomorrow some more, atleast its nice to see a non Wii game no. 2, so people are atleast not 100% biased.

So, you like the idea AceAlabama?

I've got a few ideas for categories:

Best Name
Sig of The Year
Friendliest Member
Most Improved
Most Respected Member
Most Respected n00b
Debater of the Year
Best Artist
Most Sarcastic
Spammer of the Year
Member of the Year
Most Intelligent

And we could also do something for Mod awards and Best Thread of the Year and Best Thread if you're looking for spam. You know, whatever. Any I should add or get rid of? Tell me.

Last edited:
honestly i disagree on the forum members awards just because i am afriad people will just stop being themselves and just try to win awards.

But how ridiculous could it really get? Members try harder to be friendly? That's a good thing. Members begin to spam? They get a no posting ban or a permaban. That's a good thing. I can't see people changing to get awards as a negative.

Back