Are you the older or the younger sibling?

[DT] said:
Sweet, what's up fellow "old guy" :D

Just slaving away at work. You?

I'm on a few other boards, but this one has got the youngest average age by far. Too bad we didn't have Wii Sports bowling instead of Intellivision bowling when we were kids. :lol:

Wow, I missed a lot.

I have an older half brother... So I guess I'm technically the middle, and have a lot of "middle child" personality traits, but I am also the elder of the main family, as he's out now...

Hm...rambling...

What does it do to the formula that I'm adopted?

Puckfiend said:
Just slaving away at work. You?

I'm on a few other boards, but this one has got the youngest average age by far. Too bad we didn't have Wii Sports bowling instead of Intellivision bowling when we were kids. :lol:

Hahah, excellent, just finishing up "at work" (which is actually the homestead). Weather is total crap - no surf (looks like a mixer), cold.

Yeah, there's defnitely an young average on the board - mentally the wifey and I are about 14 so I suppose I fit it. :lol:

I had an Intellivision! Great football and I used to love Sea Battle. I Wiki'ed the specs just for a laugh:

General Instrument CP1610 16-bit microprocessor CPU running at 894.886 kHz (i.e., slightly less than 1 MHz)
1352 bytes of RAM:
240 × 8-bit Scratchpad Memory
352 × 16-bit (704 bytes) System Memory
512 × 8-bit Graphics RAM
7168 bytes of ROM:
4096 × 10-bit (5120 bytes) Executive ROM
2048 × 8-bit Graphics ROM
160 pixels wide by 196 pixels high (5×2 TV pixels make one Intellivision pixel)
16 color palette, all of which can be on the screen at once

Wii, PS3, 360 beware...

The fact that that can run on a .0008 GHz processor makes it seem like no one likes to streamline coding as much anymore...

[DT] said:
Yeah, there's defnitely an young average on the board - mentally the wifey and I are about 14 so I suppose I fit it. :lol:

There are 4 of us old farts in my office that have Wiis. I'm trying to get a weekend Wii party going one of these days.

younger sibling here, im 16 and my sister is 21, we get along quite well, she comes to the house about every once in a while

Puckfiend said:
There are 4 of us old farts in my office that have Wiis. I'm trying to get a weekend Wii party going one of these days.

Make it a Wii *drinking* game and it's extra fun, hahaha!! The Negra Modelo is flowing here at the World HQ.

Brawny said:
The fact that that can run on a .0008 GHz processor makes it seem like no one likes to streamline coding as much anymore...

Is that a correct decimal conversion? Holy smokes, that's semi mind boggling.

The oldest of three. I hate my sister, and while I like my brother, he can be incredibly annoying. I'm sure you've heard it before, how they like to copy everything that you're into. Blah.

I have an older sister, she's about 22/23, I can never remember. Sometimes I feel like I'm older though because of the way she can moan and be so petty. She hasn't been home for a while because she went to uni in Essex then done a PGCE and did a years teaching or something, but she's home now before she goes to South-East Asia in February for a couple of months. It can be quite annoying with her back, I'm used to the space, and the quiet.

It's not that the younger siblings copy you, I think you inherit some of that from personality. Well, yeah, I kind of got her into everything I like, but that's no problem if I have someone to talk to about the things I like, what bugs me is when my mum makes me buy something and she uses it, and she'll never intend to stop using it until I claim it for my own when I move out.

Oh God, fighting over all of the stuff we actually share is going to kill me.

Hey Lewi, you in uni on Fridays? I pass through there every Friday.

Frogger said:
It's not that the younger siblings copy you, I think you inherit some of that from personality. Well, yeah, I kind of got her into everything I like, but that's no problem if I have someone to talk to about the things I like, what bugs me is when my mum makes me buy something and she uses it, and she'll never intend to stop using it until I claim it for my own when I move out.

Oh God, fighting over all of the stuff we actually share is going to kill me.

Hey Lewi, you in uni on Fridays? I pass through there every Friday.

Like the laptop I bought myself? Or the Wii...I think I'm going to move out a day early and steal all that stuff.

Brawny said:
Like the laptop I bought myself? Or the Wii...I think I'm going to move out a day early and steal all that stuff.

Your younger sister basically owns you.

Back