Attention All Ike Users This Thread Is For You

Do remember the tier list doesn´t really mean one character is worse than another, it just depends on how the metagame for each character changes with time.

I always keep this in mind for one reason; Wolf is by far one of the best characters in the game when you're not focusing on his tier list match ups, IMO. Considering all that priority, KO power, and mindgame possibilities, he's epic. ... Not so epic in competitive play, though. =/

He's also not as epic as Snake or Meta, but, you know.

I didn't expect certain characters to be at certain levels.

Most win post EVAR. Not.

Lol the way you said it sounded really stupid
(although maybe its me, and therefore smart would sound stupid to a stupid person)

Now i confused myself

Waste of post :p
Now I don't see how Lucario is a high tier. I don't find him a great character :eek:ut:

Now I don't see how Lucario is a high tier. I don't find him a great character :eek:ut:

Lucario has great spacing, decent recovery, awesome projectile, great defensive game, ability to combo easily, and he gets stronger as he gains damage. Well-played he can even be a good counter of Meta Knight, I believe, and he matches up well against most characters.

Personally, I thought he'd be higher on the list.

Lucario has great spacing, decent recovery, awesome projectile, great defensive game, ability to combo easily, and he gets stronger as he gains damage. Well-played he can even be a good counter of Meta Knight, I believe, and he matches up well against most characters.

Personally, I thought he'd be higher on the list.

He's actually pretty slow. His Aura Sphere is easy to dodge. His smashes come in pretty slow. His arials are ok in speed but need more knockback. He is basically screwed when someone is edgehogging. There are more flaws but he makes Ike seem fast. Soooo how is he a high tier? :eek:ut:

He's actually pretty slow. His Aura Sphere is easy to dodge. His smashes come in pretty slow. His arials are ok in speed but need more knockback. He is basically screwed when someone is edgehogging. There are more flaws but he makes Ike seem fast. Soooo how is he a high tier? :eek:ut:

:hand:

have you seen a good Lucario fight? at all? he's not slow, more like mid-speed, same with weight. His smashes may be slow but have ridiculous range, are tricky to dodge, and they're all extremely powerful. Also, F-smash is fast if spammed (seriously, as an Ike player, are you qualified to say lucario has slow smashes?).
Aura Sphere is as spammable as razor leaf, the blasters, the fireballs, and arrows. Not to mention it gimps recovery. And charged, it can be deadly.
Aerials have excellent knockback and three of them have potential to kill, four of them if you count gimps. Dair, Bair and Uair are all powerful and quick, Fair is fast and good for spacing and gimping, and Nair has good knockback for defensive purposes.
Edgehogging can be avoided due to the fact you can direct extremespeed in almost any direction. Besides, Lucario can wall cling out of his Up B, so if you're good with him you can easily recover.

of course, there's several more reason. Combos, grabs, good on air and land, survives against some of the best characters, etc.

Conclusion: learn more about lucario before you diss him. Personally, I wouldn't diss any character I haven't extensively used first. And yes, I did have a Lucario phase, but he felt too easy to use (even if I lost) so I got bored with him.

1.Step over here and say that again :ee5k:

2.Slow? Have you eva played gannondorf or bowser or like more than half the characters or are you used to MK?
And aura sphere isnt that easy to dogde eva tried when hes like 3 feet away with a sphere the size of bowser??

3.Anax, you cant get your ass wiped and then go, i wont use him again he was too easy to play...

[Sry i seem to be dragging us off ike]

Last edited:
Lucario has really good grabs too. He's rightfully placed... though he's weird to play.

1.Step over here and say that again :ee5k:

2.Slow? Have you eva played gannondorf or bowser or like more than half the characters or are you used to MK?
And aura sphere isnt that easy to dogde eva tried when hes like 3 feet away with a sphere the size of bowser??

3.Anax, you cant get your ass wiped and then go, i wont use him again he was too easy to play...

[Sry i seem to be dragging us off ike]

Is he your main? Of course he's faster than Bowser and Ganondorf. His grabs are pretty good. His up and down throw lead to combos. He is not a bad character but I can't see how he's a high tier.

Is he your main? Of course he's faster than Bowser and Ganondorf. His grabs are pretty good. His up and down throw lead to combos. He is not a bad character but I can't see how he's a high tier.

You're not an experienced competitive battler, ofcourse you don't see why. :p

Lucario = High Tier. End discussion nao. Anax presented all the reasons why, which are all valid and true.

I will agree with as King mentioned, he can be weird to play, though. Being primarily spacing and defense-driven, he's not an aggro character for someone like me. Lucario is for pros only, IMO.

that and the fact that you have to be ok with getting damage screws a lot of players up since everybody else avoids damage while lucario spreads his arms and says "hit me". that and sphere spam are the main reasons people underestimate lucario. sphere spam is really annoying and they think since they're gonna take the damage they must be easy to kill which is wrong, a pro lucario knows what hits to take and what hits to avoid/counter.

You're not an experienced competitive battler, ofcourse you don't see why. :p

Lucario = High Tier. End discussion nao. Anax presented all the reasons why, which are all valid and true.

I will agree with as King mentioned, he can be weird to play, though. Being primarily spacing and defense-driven, he's not an aggro character for someone like me. Lucario is for pros only, IMO.

What makes you say that I'm not a competitive brawler? You hardly wanna play me. That's why I joined AiB to play competitive people.

When Lucario charges his down smash and uses double team it makes him look like he's on something. I haven't played any good Lucario user but I'm looking towards one.

Lack of experience, non-understandment of tiers, and you don't play all competitive aspects (spamming, edgeguarding, etc.). Playing a competitive brawler doesn't make you one. :p

I never said you weren't one, either. I said you were an inexperienced competitive battler. :p Read closer.

Back