Brawl online play rankings

^Check the other ranked thread, I found the basis to our argument.

I didn't say low replay value for the game, I said for the with anyone button and I said without replays...

Would you honestly play a game that was just a bunch of modded wii users messing around? Look at internet reversi now, it's been ruined because One cheat came out. Now it's pretty much impossible to get a game without being against a cheater, so now no one plays

the purpose of rankings for people like you complaining about Brawl not having ranks against strangers are only to pressure yourself and to show-off, if it truly was for the challenge of wanting to become better at the game and to have fun, you would not be complaining. Sakurai must have made this on purpose to have poeple like you lighten up and realize it's a game for fun not for geeking up with "flashy" rankings.

I don't care if it has rankings or not, I'm just going to enjoy playing someone when ever I want with out it being the computer. So if you have to have your rankings so bad than just get a note pad and make up your own points scheme and take a picture with you phone and send it to your friends. Problem solved.:yesnod:

^Seconded. Halo 2 was almost ruined by Ranks, and Sakurai seems determined to not let that happen to Brawl.

there should be ranked and non-ranked matches.

the advantages to ranked games is that you wont have people automatically leaving because youre whipping them.

the disadvantage is that it would automatically show game flaws --- this char is over powered with combos and knocking people around while this other guy is a slow semi-weak loser.

ranks wouldnt ruin the game, they would just be for the people who are tired of meaningless matches.

Literally lawl'd at 'meaningless matches'

"By getting my score (that is redeemable for nothing and accomplishes nothing other than giving my playing time a fake sense of value) higher, I'm accomplishing something!" [/sarcasm]

but its a larger fake sense of value when someone says look at my FANTASTIC RECORD and they have no rank or opponents they know to back it up. id rather have a ranked record or no record at all.

So you play them to prove it.

This is another argument that will not die. I would rather ranks be left out, you would rather them be in, and theres nothing that either of us can say to change the other's opinion. I'm done here.

{Axtlár} said:
the purpose of rankings for people like you complaining about Brawl not having ranks against strangers are only to pressure yourself and to show-off, if it truly was for the challenge of wanting to become better at the game and to have fun, you would not be complaining. Sakurai must have made this on purpose to have poeple like you lighten up and realize it's a game for fun not for geeking up with "flashy" rankings.

My point is just that with rankings it could match you up by rank so the fights you were put in by using the with anyone button would be matched fairly evenly and you would fight people around your level.

I wouldn't even mind it if they just had behind the scenes ranks for the sole purpose of mathc-up's that no one could really see

Before I read your last paragraph/sentence, it's exactly what I was gonna say: maybe they do have "behind-the-scenes" rankings for the sole purpose of putting two players together to fight with the same level more or less.

LevesqueIsKing said:
So you play them to prove it.

This is another argument that will not die. I would rather ranks be left out, you would rather them be in, and theres nothing that either of us can say to change the other's opinion. I'm done here.

I like the play to prove idea ;) Then you might be suprised by how good someone is and that's always fun.

I just wouldn't want to add people permantently because it would make it too hard to find people I actually know on the list of all the people I've added. So I would probably remove people after I played them a couple times...

Unless They could have a way to add people on brawl only not on your wii...

Smashboards are working on a rankings system, so all will be well once they've figured it out.

Back