Brawl vs Halo 3

^ Not sure. I think this thread is closed though.

Budo said:
I'm glad you're willing to admit you do care about graphics (just not 'realistic' looking graphics) :lol:

^ Of course. I'm not too good to say I'm wrong. :lol:

They are both great games, and I like brawl better for many reasons. The best would be this though...

If a veteran plays a noob in halo, the veteran will ALWAYS win

But if a noob plays a vet in brawl with all the items and crazy stages enough times, the noob will eventually win and so its easy to get little brothers and sisters into the game

^That's true. I can usually beat my little sister with a 150 to 50 HP handicap (we play stamina, I have 50 obviously). But sometimes a walking bomb or something can end you quickly. Makes it more fun. Nobody enjoys winning easily consistently. Well some people do but, I don't.

Sorry Halo fans, but Brawl wins.
Halo is extremely overrated imo, it's a good game, but people act like it's the god of videogames. It's not, sorry, and people who say "but it's revolutionary" kinda piss me off. Sci-fi isn't exactly new for the fps genre people. Like I said though, it's a good game, so don't start saying I'm a hater, it's just my opinion,

Brawl... is great. Brawl is really great. It is honestly everything I want in a videogame and more, much much more.

Wiimoto said:
They are both great games, and I like brawl better for many reasons. The best would be this though...

If a veteran plays a noob in halo, the veteran will ALWAYS win

But if a noob plays a vet in brawl with all the items and crazy stages enough times, the noob will eventually win and so its easy to get little brothers and sisters into the game
so you prefer SSBB because your a noob in halo?

pro gamer said:
so you prefer SSBB because your a noob in halo?

Thats one of the things that kills my FPS experience these days. The multiplayer online is always filled with cheep bastards that will pick off the noobz just for stats.
A room could be called Noobz only, and what is it? a room of 3 vets snipping off every noob that pops in. Its pathetic

Then all you see is fans of each FPS game saying "ya buy that game and hop online and play me" why because they pushed anyone slightly intrested in the game away by trying to get some"game rep" what a joke. You see that in almost every FPS online setup today.

If you not a die hard fan or if you don't have the time to dedicate to it to learn it you just ignore it. Most of my gaming happens in my rare free time with friends.
When I do get a day by myself in the house thats when I bust out my FPS online games and play for a few hours, usually I end up just getting sick of the cheep shots done for stats, and I turn it off.
I know its tempting to do I've done it myself for achievements and what not, but honestly they need to start regulating who can play who with the online FPS world. Everytime you break a specific level you no longer can play anyone below that level only above. The FPS world is killing itself by its own elitist view.

Last edited:
wezeles said:
Thats one of the things that kills my FPS experience these days. The multiplayer online is always filled with cheep bastards that will pick off the noobz just for stats.
A room could be called Noobz only, and what is it? a room of 3 vets snipping off every noob that pops in. Its pathetic

Then all you see is fans of each FPS game saying "ya buy that game and hop online and play me" why because they pushed anyone slightly intrested in the game away by trying to get some"game rep" what a joke. You see that in almost every FPS online setup today.

If you not a die hard fan or if you don't have the time to dedicate to it to learn it you just ignore it. Most of my gaming happens in my rare free time with friends.
When I do get a day by myself in the house thats when I bust out my FPS online games and play for a few hours, usually I end up just getting sick of the cheep shots done for stats, and I turn it off.
I know its tempting to do I've done it myself for achievements and what not, but honestly they need to start regulating who can play who with the online FPS world. Everytime you break a specific level you no longer can play anyone below that level only above. The FPS world is killing itself by its own elitist view.
They don't put vets with noobs on halo 3. They set them up with people with the equal ranks. Anyway, multiplayer is only for fun.

pro gamer said:
They don't put vets with noobs on halo 3. They set them up with people with the equal ranks. Anyway, multiplayer is only for fun.

Come on don't kidd yourself, multiplayer is 90% of what makes a FPS today. Look at any FPS that isn't multiplayer compared to the ones that are. Even online multiplayers vs. multiplayer that isn't online. Sales alone show Multiplayer is a huge factor in a FPS popularity and sales, specially monline multiplayer.

Lets be honest if all you had was the Single player story mode in the Halo series, you would have loved it for the whole week or 2 it took you to beat it and it would collect dust for the rest of its life probably not even come close to the impact that it has had on the gaming community. Don't get me wrong its a great game I enjoy playing it, but without the Multiplayer community it's just another FPS in my mind.

Same would be said for the SSB series, without multi player it wouldn't even be a game mentioned. That's what makes or breaks these games. For Nintendo the Multiplayer doesn't have to be online but its a perk to it, being the "party console" people are expected to play this system with friends in their own living room not with them online.

Same goes for Xbox, its the "online" console. Most games that don't support online or have a nice online following really are not spoken of much. Very few of these games are popular to Xbox owners although some do break through.

They are both huge "Multiplayer" consoles, they just approach multi player in different ways. That is why you see a different variety of games on each and opinions of them varry based on everyones own personal Multiplayer setup "be it your friends in your living room or your friends online".

Last edited:
Back