Brawl vs Halo 3

vashivihan

Let There Be Rock
Oct 24, 2007
canada
Wii Online Code
8799-9801-1544-7718
ok so microsoft and nintendo released their "flagship" titles. both were the third in the series. both of them had recycled formulas from previous iterations. They had new stuff like stage building and whatnot. well my concern is that why did ign, a respected site, give brawl less score (u might say that it doesn't matter what a site gives a game, whether u like it or not is important etc etc..... but i just want to know how much more did halo 3 improve on the old formula than brawl?) for people that have played all of the games in both series, do u think its justified? please dont be biased. give your honest opinion.

You could say the same about how IGN criticized Assassins Creed for being repetitive but they didn't find SMG to be repetitive. Which I found both to be repetitive but both still fun. The only difference is AC got penalized for it and SMG didn't.

Different reviewers, different scores. That why you never follow just 1 review.

i don't think it matters, IMO Halo 3 was a bit of a disappointment to microsoft because it seems to me that its success was kind of short-lived because of COD. Bad thing for microsoft is that they have to share the game with PS3...SSBB on the other hand has no competition within its genre so i think it's success will thrive long after halo does. It didn't really answer the question did it?
Yeah i agree with t3k also, SMG was VERY repetitive and i didn't think it deserved over a 9, but IGN gave it to them.

this is a really hard topic to discuss some may say, simply because these are 2 TOTALLY different gengres of games so reviwer sites like ign reat them diffent.

so in say, lets just say for giggles, that ign gave brawl a 9.4 and halo 3 a 9.5, that doesnt mean that they think halo 3 is better then brawl, because like i said, these games cant be compared because they are totally different

zapasant93 said:
this is a really hard topic to discuss some may say, simply because these are 2 TOTALLY different gengres of games so reviwer sites like ign reat them diffent.

so in say, lets just say for giggles, that ign gave brawl a 9.4 and halo 3 a 9.5, that doesnt mean that they think halo 3 is better then brawl, because like i said, these games cant be compared because they are totally different

no i meant comparing them solely on the level of if they have done something different than their previous games and how much have they each added to their established formula

vashivihan said:
no i meant comparing them solely on the level of if they have done something different than their previous games and how much have they each added to their established formula

well lets say im a reviewer, and im basing solely on new material, then both games suck

because non really added ALOT for say, that totally makes the other games in the series like crap.

halo 2, IMO better then halo 3

melee, not that far behind from brawl

Brawl friend code- 283597630066

Im pretty sure he has the game...

I like Halo 3 better than Halo 2, but like he said it's not much of a difference, just like SSBB and Melee is almost exactly the same but with more characters.

Love 'em both. PS3 doesn't stand a chance.

Damn I want MGS4, KH3, and FF13. Dangit dammit!

Brawl finishes the fight and knocks halo 3 out. I have played tons of halo 3 since it has been released, but since i have brought brawl i havent had any interest in playing it recently. I am not sure if this is because brawl is so new, but i cant see my self going back to halo any time soon. Brawl is so fun and addicting, and will only get better as the online servers are more capable of handling all of the people playing. Brawl is a great game and Halo 3 is a great game. Sorry for ps3. Hopefully 2008 will deliver a game like this to your console. Every 360 and Wii owner should have halo 3 and brawl.

i dunno bout y'all, but Call Of Duty 4 merks halo, also i find brawl a lot more fun. i lost interest in halo3 after the first 3weeks and brawl hasn't even been taken out of my Wii yet.

I wasn't even factoring in SMG. There is no question that it is equal if not better than brawl in my opinion too. Call of duty 4 is amazing but so is peanut butter and jelly. Are you gonna buy the new map pack for call of duty right when it comes out?

All I have to say is I feel like Brawl improved upon melee waaaay more than Halo 3 did, and also, me and my friends have been talking about how every brawl match is fun, but sometimes halo 3 matches can be let downs if you get in a rut and can't come back for a win, and also personally, i feel brawl is a lot more laid back, like if i play halo 3 before bed i get all fired up and i cant sleep, but brawl is just straight fun and not as intense.

Back