Brawl vs Halo 3

I would have to say that I prefer to play Halo 3 as I find it to me more entertaining. However, both games are quite good and it is hard to compare a fighting game to a first person shooter.

stoopkid18 said:
I wasn't even factoring in SMG. There is no question that it is equal if not better than brawl in my opinion too. Call of duty 4 is amazing but so is peanut butter and jelly. Are you gonna buy the new map pack for call of duty right when it comes out?

If I can get my mom to let me burrow her credit card then yes. I don't feel like buying a whole $20 for a card but only using half.

Sadly (yet a good thing) CoD4 is still my #1 game and has knocked brawl out of my playtime after 4 whole days. I now have brawl on the back burner because CoD4 is just alot more fun for me. There's nothing like carrying your 5 teamates to a win becase everyone else dies more than kills while I have a 3:1 ratio.

I find Halo 3 to be almost as addicting when I played it with my cousin but I have yet to buy it because other games get in the way.

Oh well, atleast I have Brawl for when my 360 gets RROD, whenever that happens -.-

and lol sam, you need to just hf with halo. Halo feels more of a game where I can relax with while running around and emptying my clips into people.

Last edited:
brawl wins for improvement from second installment to third. I found halo 2 to have the perfect mix of weapons and maps, as where you were in the map seemed to be just as important as which weapon you were holding. Halo 3 just didnt cut it for me.. the muliplayer maps were no where close to as good as they were in halo 2. As for brawl adventure mode (SSE) was way improved, and all the new characters are awesome

they are 2 different types of games. I played them both and hate them both. I prefer COD4 out of all the games out there. For the time being I did not find a really good game on the Wii for me. Maybe MOHH2 but unfortunately had problems with online play so I return to my favourite game so far COD4. Brawl is not my typo game sorry.

Halo series hasn't really made any large changes in gameplay since the series started, but Smash Bros has introduced a fair amount of new content in terms of depth. Not only is it one of the best multiplayer games out there, but there is also the story, classic and all-star modes, unlockable characters and stages and all the trophies and stickers kept me going for years... literally.

Not only that, but just brawling has changed considerably. With air dodging and other new techniques being introduced, gameplay and strategy have changed. Characters have been well balanced, hardly any god characters left, and tiers are a thing of the past. There's no way a noob can beat an experienced character now. In melee and the original, they could spam a particular move, eg: Shieks forward air or Marth's spike.

In terms of originality and/or modification through each series, I say Smash bros. Brawl wins!

[/nerd]

vashivihan said:
ok so microsoft and nintendo released their "flagship" titles. both were the third in the series. both of them had recycled formulas from previous iterations. They had new stuff like stage building and whatnot. well my concern is that why did ign, a respected site, give brawl less score (u might say that it doesn't matter what a site gives a game, whether u like it or not is important etc etc..... but i just want to know how much more did halo 3 improve on the old formula than brawl?) for people that have played all of the games in both series, do u think its justified? please dont be biased. give your honest opinion.

both games got a 9.5 from ign

Halo 3 FTW!!!!!!!!!!!
Halo 3 has much better graphics and it has a whole lot more things to do than brawl or CoD4

I found a quote from a review of Vegas 2 by Game Informer about how things being the same doesn't necessarily make it bad.

Game Informer said:
A hell of a package. It's sort of a shame that so much of it is recycled from the last game, but nobody stops eating their favorite food because it's similar every time

I think Brawl because it's way more fun and interesting the halo 3, it gets borring after a while but brawl goes on forever. LONG LIVE BRAWL!! :D

(For best controls use the classic controller)

brawls multiplayer is not perfected and in many peoples opinions, halo 3's multiplayer was perfect. though i disagree, the only perfect multiplayer game is COD4.

Back