Cars

blueovalboy7 said:
Bribery never hurts :D

Luckily when I need to do work on the stang my dad's work has a huge shop with lift, parts washer, media blaster, every type of welder you could need, plasma cutter, power washer, and just about any other tool you could need.

That's outstanding, I've looked into lifts a couple of times, I just don't need one enough for the expense. I'd say about 90% of what I do I can do on jackstands/ramps. Definitely this cam and/or head install is a "from above" effort!

blueovalboy7 said:
And you can't tell me that Z06 isn't beautiful. 7.0L of fire-breathing Detroit muscle pumping 505 hp from the factory. Add intake and a tune and you're pushing 520 to the wheels. (There is a guy on another of my forums that has those mods on his Z06 and has dynoed his car at that number, he also topped his car out at 206 mph on a runway, after talking with him I am sold on the car)

That's the exact car I had on order, VY Z06 - back when dealers were getting 10K+ over MSRP a few dealers were doing MSRP for long time customers or so I thought. I had a deal lined up at MSRP, car got to status 4000 (final build) and I got a call about them "needing" $5K over. I basically said NFW, we "re-dealed" for $2500 over. The car was finally dropped at the dealer - I went in, thought about it for about 5 minutes, got my deposit back.

Stuck by my "Don't pay over MSRP Period". Never did/will do any business with them ever again. I've had some ops for MSRP (ever a 1000 or so under), from other dealers, but I kind of got over it - decided I'd rather stay my with current Z06 and be able to change mods, etc., more often.

A buddy of mine who A/X's a bunch had a MY Z like mine, in fact the 19" SP500's I'm running I bought from him, he sold it, bought an '06 Z06 - had it for like 4 months, didn't like it for short track events, felt it was too costly for the performance return, sold it, picked up this really killer '99 FRC with a built 383, massive AP brakes, 6 point roll, etc., etc. for about a 1/3 of the price of his '06.

A friend of mine in NY has a '07 did headers, +big+ cam (springs/etc), intake and tune, put down 537RWHP which is pretty amazing.

Last edited:
That's pretty lame that they pulled that on you, but I can see the benefits of going with your Z06; and it's not like your Z is a slouch either, I just really like the sharp lines of the C6Z over the softer edges of the C5Z.

You have some friends with amazing machines, I wish I could afford toys like that, but maybe in time, after college and all that.

[reposted from a two part post on another forum..]

New exhaust is 1/2 done - drivers side a snap (er, sort of), passenger side was a colossal PITA (had to drop the swaybar). Took a break and some install research.

I backed up onto ramps and let the rear hang off the side of driveway over the ditch (making a 40" high "lift" of sorts).

Should be pretty sweet!

Back in a bit...

Whew!

That was extra special - had to release the way (from the endlinks), rotate it, then I wound up having to pull the drivers side back out. The thing that was spooky, was I had to jack it up another 8" or so for the final clearance to remove/install. Once it was just set in the location, I could drop it back to the ramps.

Impression? Holy ****, amazingly perfect! Same tone, nearly stock at idle, at low RPM just easing around the neighbor hood pretty much stock. At part throttle a little extra sound, really throaty. At mid to WOT it is amazing, it opens up twice as loud, but with the same Titanium raspy tone (which sounds part muscle-car, and part Italian exotic). At 55-60, 1500RPM, windows up, *zero* resonance (I also have long tube headers, 3" mid-pipes, etc, so they add to the beautiful music ).

Very glad I did this vs. cutouts - the latter would have been three times as much hassle and I would have constantly been flipping them open/close/open/close, not to mention, another point of failure (and more electrical complexity). The wife gives them two thumbs up!

Alright now I'm going to be waiting for sound clips, take your video camera out there and let's hear it.

blueovalboy7 said:
Alright now I'm going to be waiting for sound clips, take your video camera out there and let's hear it.

I should definitely fire it up on cam (including an in car shot) - I'll get that coordinated sometime soon...

blueovalboy7 said:
I'm still waiting [DT]...

:D

Charging up the video camera! I need to [re]setup my Firewire/Capture stuff anyway, and get a bunch of DV tapes over to DVD!

blueovalboy7 said:
Alright...

I guess I believe you.

Hahaha, yeah, it's still a long way from shooting footage, encoding it, uploading and posting it's done. Kind of like saying I'm swimming across the ocean, and all I've done is put on my trunks. :lol:

I *do* have a BK harness bar/IO Port camera mount, so I can pretty easily get in-car footage (with the windows down at WOT, umm, it's pretty loud :D)

~DT

[DT] said:
Hahaha, yeah, it's still a long way from shooting footage, encoding it, uploading and posting it's done. Kind of like saying I'm swimming across the ocean, and all I've done is put on my trunks. :lol:

I *do* have a BK harness bar/IO Port camera mount, so I can pretty easily get in-car footage (with the windows down at WOT, umm, it's pretty loud :D)

~DT
I would imagine that beast would be loud at WOT, I mean my car is pretty loud at WOT and it's just a 4bbl carbureted 302, w/Hooker Headers, and Flowmaster 50s.

I guess I'll be patiently waiting then. Maybe I'll get some quick footage from mine when I get a chance, nothing high quality though.

Fire Flower said:
I don't currently have a car right now but I am fond of corvettes. Oh well. It's a dream right?
[DT] has a C5 Z06, and I'm waiting on his vid of the car, so we can patiently wait until he has time.

Back