Disorders and Steriotypes

~Marisa~ said:
Lol, I second amen both your comments! If someone as pretty and sweet, someone who puts their life on the line to protect us everyday can admit to having a not-so-perfect life and having troubles, we all can. And it doesn't make us bad people - in end, it'll make us stronger people if we chose to be.

When you two do get married, you have to promise to post pictures of the wedding!!!!

the only wedding pics youll see is me and him at my bros wedding in july....which im still contemplating on going to since my ever so lovely father will be there and i just dont want "the drama" but i love my brother very much and his gf is the best! (theyve been together since HS its been atleast 8 years) youll see my bf in his dress blues and i have a pretty green dress that i cant wait to wear! lol!

anyways yes, it takes a lot to admit your weak points especially when people you arrest scream it at you every day. because my last name is a jewish last name (nationality) i get called racial slurs all the time. also cops rag on other cops it builds character. it makes me that much stronger when you call me a "kyke" and then i bust your head into the concreat stating on the police report "he fell" lol!

its difficult and its hard. its hard to just open up and let the world know that you are weak just like everyone else. esp kids man. kids shouldnt bottle up emotions and its hard to find a confidant. youre vulnerable to the world thats why sometimes you need to be careful out there. because someone is nice to you and offers you an outlet they could take advantage so please be safe! no missing child reports k? :(

i just hope that whatever does bother most of you, its "simple" to solve. talk to a guidence counciler if youre still in school. seek a well known therapist from recomendations, hell talk to your parents. believe it or not sometimes they know whats best in this world for you too.....lucky for me i always had my brother :) and now i my puppy! (oh and the bf too! lol)

I think no matter who u are people are going to get to u at some point in u'r life. But i REALLY do believe in justice in the end. When i first moved to this small town life was HELL... i had no friends until like grade 8 and i moved here in grade one. Everyone hated me cuz here in small towns ppl don't have an open mind. I could speak french fluently and that automaticaly made me an outcast. But as long as u don't sacrafice who u are, people will learn to respect u. I love this town now, i have more friends then i could have ever asked for... and most of them are jelous cuz its our grade 12 year and my second language is opening all kinds of doors for me... opertunities they don't have.

motherbrainrulez said:
i can imagine the headlines "14 year old boy commits suicide"
lol thta would make my mum cry haha

motherbrainrulez said:
years of abuse, neglect and stuff like tht

It's not hard to see you're hurting really bad... For some reason, reading your posts reminds me of that Final Fantasy 6 quote: "A swordsman passed through here recently, he was strong but his heart was full of chaos. Once he come to terms with his anguish, he will become the mightiest warrior alive" (it's not a word-for-word transcript but it's pretty damn close).

I'm not sure what to say to you man... but I can tell you, if there's one thing I've learned in twenty years of being alive, it's that tomorrow is another day, and with it will bring new adventures, new experiences, and new hopes.

In a couple of years, when things are going better for you, you'll wish you could go back in time to your former self and just tell him "hey man, don't worry, everything's going to be okay, trust me."

I get extremely depressed, but I suppose I can also be rather stubborn, like... I kind of feel like by committing suicide, in a way I'd be letting those who hurt me win, and would be considered a dishonourable act.

It's very hard to keep on going; I was very unhappy at highschool, but when highschool is over, life improves- the world around you seems to expand, and you meet new people who have a new understanding and appreciation of the great person that you are.

I do wish I could go back and visit my old self, and just say to him "Don't worry man... things might suck now, but they will improve, trust me."

You'll find as you get older, you'll learn new things. Every new year that arrives at your school will bring new people. I suppose it's difficult when you're young, whether you like it or not you tend to be stuck with the same groups of people. As you get older you aren't so restricted, and will make many more great friends alot easier.

I don't know how helpful this has been to you, but just remember, there's always someone here who is happy to listen to you; we may not have any responsibility to you, but we are still humans with human emotions, just as you are. Sometimes you just need to take a leap of faith, let go for just a little bit, trust someone, open your heart and spill everything and get it off your mind.

No-one's going to judge you here.

Kelso[B said:
]I think no matter who u are people are going to get to u at some point in u'r life[/B]. But i REALLY do believe in justice in the end. When i first moved to this small town life was HELL... i had no friends until like grade 8 and i moved here in grade one. Everyone hated me cuz here in small towns ppl don't have an open mind. I could speak french fluently and that automaticaly made me an outcast. But as long as u don't sacrafice who u are, people will learn to respect u. I love this town now, i have more friends then i could have ever asked for... and most of them are jelous cuz its our grade 12 year and my second language is opening all kinds of doors for me... opertunities they don't have.

that is 10000% correct. regardless of my proffession, i came out ok in the long run and overcame my obsticles. i can only imagine what the rest of you have in store for your future as well. :)

just remember to never give up home as cliche as that sounds. it is corny but its true. its true because no matter what things will work its way out. if one dorr closes another opens so dont regret and sweat over the small stuff. focus on school, focus on your academics and go to your dream. those who make fun of you dont know you. EVERYONE makes fun what seems different to them becuase its the only way to react. kind of like "kelso" he/she was different. why? because he spoke french! of all the things a language barrier is what kept kids from being friendly with him in the begining. its childish and its stupid. now he/she has friends! and they probably will be his/her friends for life now :)

like i said, those that make fun of you, dont know you and dont realize that youre probably as cool as their entire "posse" put together! besides, its NOT all that to be considered "cool" cause trust me when your 20 year HS reunion comes up, that hot guy you had a crush on is now in prison and the pretty ***** that always hurt you is now a crack whore with 90000 kids and shes fat beyond believe.

thats your "justice" haha

Kelso said:
I think no matter who u are people are going to get to u at some point in u'r life. But i REALLY do believe in justice in the end. When i first moved to this small town life was HELL... i had no friends until like grade 8 and i moved here in grade one. Everyone hated me cuz here in small towns ppl don't have an open mind. I could speak french fluently and that automaticaly made me an outcast. But as long as u don't sacrafice who u are, people will learn to respect u. I love this town now, i have more friends then i could have ever asked for... and most of them are jelous cuz its our grade 12 year and my second language is opening all kinds of doors for me... opertunities they don't have.

good stuff! :thumbsup: , if you want something in life and you work hard, vistory is all the sweeter

its always good to hear that people who were preiously "down in the dumps" rose up and completly turned their life around :)

Well to start of on topic
Disorder:
None really I've been depressed but haven't we all, I've had thoughts about killing myself but for some reason I would think everyone will watch me die and they will think badly of me when I was dead just that thought made me chicken but I'll stop here.
Stereotype:
Hmm well to the popular guys I'm a nerd but also a friend (I go to a really good school)To the less un-popular people or not the brightest (not saying their in the same category just they are kinda the same stereotype in my school.....wait no scratch that at the school I am at now everyone is equal we have groups some guys play sport some guys hang around with their
girl friends but we all talk hang out.

Now to the my story section;
I'm young I'm not going to hide that I'm 14 unlike some people on the internet well during my primary school years i was fine but during my last year when I was twelve I would randomly break down in class like leave school and all that alot of friendship during that time were being tested but yeah thats fine but i felt like I was all alone (although I knew i wasn't). My sister who is a few years older then me went three high schools before I joined here in High school land she got into some bads things with bad people drinking first then smoking the drugs my parents were going through some much trouble with them I felt (and partially still do) that I have to be the model child that I can't really have an opinion that will upset them or anyone to be honest as in I'm always the person in the middle. But back on subject I went to my first High school with no friends during this school year (not this one the one im talking about) I went trying to fit in to sitting in the corner maybe saying three words a day at school coming home eating sleeping and starting the same miserable cycle, I eventually snapped walked away followed buy a youth councellor who im glad was there other either wise I don't know what I would do after some other snaps that im not going to talk about I changed schools and a combination of that and some life skills course thing I got my life back on track on sure I'll face more challenges but now I know that I'm stronger from what I have learnt and that I can deal with my problems with help of my friends and family.

p.s I doubt this post made any sense but It made sense to me:lol:

Sam_Harris said:
Now to the my story section;
I'm young I'm not going to hide that I'm 14 unlike some people on the internet well during my primary school years i was fine but during my last year when I was twelve I would randomly break down in class like leave school and all that alot of friendship during that time were being tested but yeah thats fine but i felt like I was all alone (although I knew i wasn't). My sister who is a few years older then me went three high schools before I joined here in High school land she got into some bads things with bad people drinking first then smoking the drugs my parents were going through some much trouble with them I felt (and partially still do) that I have to be the model child that I can't really have an opinion that will upset them or anyone to be honest as in I'm always the person in the middle. But back on subject I went to my first High school with no friends during this school year (not this one the one im talking about) I went trying to fit in to sitting in the corner maybe saying three words a day at school coming home eating sleeping and starting the same miserable cycle, I eventually snapped walked away followed buy a youth councellor who im glad was there other either wise I don't know what I would do after some other snaps that im not going to talk about I changed schools and a combination of that and some life skills course thing I got my life back on track on sure I'll face more challenges but now I know that I'm stronger from what I have learnt and that I can deal with my problems with help of my friends and family.
I dont remember school being that hard... :shocked:

school can be a miserable place for someone who is "different" when i got into JRHS, i was a football cheerleader on the JR varsity team. i got along with NONE of the girls because im not catty, i dont make fun of people (well i do but they are usually my friends and i say it to their face not behind their back :) ) and i treat everyone the same until im given a reason to mistreat them. some of the girls were so mean to eachother and because of that, i was an "outcast" and didnt partake in their behavior, they started to tag up on me.

when i was younger i didnt have the "backbone" i do today where i was able to stand up for myself so i took the abuse and found "humor" in it. i basically ignored it and didnt stand up for myself. i psychologically told myself "it was all in good humor" but i knew deep down inside that they hated me....

thank god football season was over and i didnt wanna be a drop out so i stoped and that was the last time i associated myself with "that clique"

i constantly think of the movie mean girls when i think of HS. i was kinda like cady except i didnt do the whole "plastic sabatoge" and become like them, i was one by default and then alienated myself to be with the "uncool kids" which i still talk to today so i agree when cadys friend janice is going over the "lunch table" setups, she says that the "art freeks" table is the "coolest people youll ever meet" and thats the most truthful line ive ever heard! :)

Last edited by a moderator:
in touch with the wii said:
ive got depression
and im not a sterotype
haha ur not a sterotype, that doesn't make sense. you get sterotyped into a group according to how you dress and other such things, for example you wear van traniners, with baggy jeans, and a plain brown hoodie with a beanie, you will most likly be sterotyped as a skater.

Tshirt (mostly old rock bands
Jeans
any old trainers
long hair
face fuzz
lether jacket or checked shirt

Wonder what sterio type I am

I am dyslexic (glad to hear I’m not the only one here) I also have oral motor integration (I think that the right name)
With these “powers” combined I become….
The Worst speller in the world!

I not really stereotyped because people say I’m something different everyday. To some I’m a hippie, other I’m punk or Goth, or many other things.
But to most I’m the Crazy girl who hates pink.

I know what it feels like when you have ass hat teachers (All the teachers I have right now are cool, except My Spanish Teacher.) I didn’t talk in till I was almost 4 and because of that I got call, by teachers, “the mute girl” and other names that made me feel like dirt (just cause I couldn’t talk didn’t mean I couldn’t understand) . Also because I was a late talker, I had to repeat a grade because I missed too much school for Speech Therapy and tests (MRI and other stuff.)
Now I talk non-stop and have a lot of friend (two that are on wiichat)

I love life and tho it's hard I have people who care.

there is confusion about sterotypes, your not a sterotype...
a sterotype is for example, Chav's wear burbary.

if you wear burbary, your a chav.

Back