England

Haz said:
@ Squall7. I was implying by banning and deleting all records of the debate, there is no progression.

What if all failed scientific research was scrapped because it was wrong... people would not learn from other people's mistakes.

If posts are deleted, the record is lost..gone for good, thus no one can benefit.

Hence the action of the Mod has rendered everything that was discussed pointless as there is no record of it.

*Sigh* - No doubt you will be stating your views disagreeing with me again.

Haz please don't take this the wrong way because I see your point, but using your analogy, if that scientific research was for evil purposes then, it may be best to destroy it?

If we had no mods, then we could have gone on and on, us trying to help Tommy, but it just could have ended up with Tommy getting some of his mates to back him up, thus full scale forum war with no end.

Remember Mad Max?

Slightly extreme I know but there are rules for a reason.

Please don't sigh, we can't all agree all the time, and that's what needs to be accepted. This is my first forum and as much as I think I'm right, it made me realise so does the person I'm discussing/arguing with. :yesnod:

miiguy said:
we can't all agree all the time, and that's what needs to be accepted. This is my first forum and as much as I think I'm right, it made me realise so does the person I'm discussing/arguing with. :yesnod:

Nicely put.

Anyone ever heard of this concept of "freedom of speech"? I heard some places in the world actually support this theory/civil liberty. Would be great to live/visit there! :yesnod:

BrandonMcAuslan said:
Imagine giving the police powers to do as they please - no explanation - their own rules - their own sentancing... The Police "enforce" the law. They do not "interpret" law - or pass sentancing. That is the remit of the legal system, and the job of legal proffessionals. The mods here aren't accountable to anyone in this sense. Its their rules - their way. And I guarantee they will tell you that we don't need/deserve an explanation - which is bull.

The Police release information on their conduct/arrests because it is their duty to do so, and because it gains the publics trust... Look at the Chinese and Russian police force. They operate by different rules - as a result the society the people live in is vastly different, without the various freedoms we in the west take for granted.

:p police powers are all outlined in the police and criminal evidence act of 1984, which was introduced for the purpose to keep there powers in check(lol i still remember that from mondays law exam).

and lee now the dollar is 1.973301 for £1.

BrandonMcAuslan said:
Anyone ever heard of this concept of "freedom of speech"? I heard some places in the world actually support this theory/civil liberty. Would be great to live/visit there! :yesnod:

Best not come to the UK then.............oh..........too late!

miiguy said:
Haz please don't take this the wrong way because I see your point, but using your analogy, if that scientific research was for evil purposes then, it may be best to destroy it?

The same could be said for War - if all records were destroyed because it is an evil thing, generations of people would never know the horrors that people went through.

All I am saying is that it's fine to lock a topic and move it to an 'Archive Section or similar' - but please please, stop deleting 'history' (extreme) from the forums.

Haz said:
@ Squall7. I was implying by banning and deleting all records of the debate, there is no progression.
There was no progression there anyway. All it would be is a "the rest of us vs Tommy" scenario.

What if all failed scientific research was scrapped because it was wrong... people would not learn from other people's mistakes.
Scientific research is very different from a forum. For a start, scientific research is on the pinacle of understanding. Half the time, on a forum, you're lucky if you can get two people to stop calling each other noobs (I know, hyperbole).

If posts are deleted, the record is lost..gone for good, thus no one can benefit.
Also, nobody else could be offended. It isn't all bad.

Hence the action of the Mod has rendered everything that was discussed pointless as there is no record of it.
We're talking about it right now, despite the deletion. It doesn't have to be stored in a computer for it to be remembered.

*Sigh* - No doubt you will be stating your views disagreeing with me again.
Well, in my defense, there is no limit to the amount of times one can reply. I don't pretend to think of your ideas as subversive to mine. However, it's always one's choice whether or not to take on information or reject it. People weigh up what they think is important and what is not, and I just feel that this is one thing that is important - to deal with this poster in whatever way neccessary.

Oh. And take comfort in the fact that you were right - I did state my views disagreeing with you.

Squall7 said:
Also, nobody else could be offended. It isn't all bad

I think this sums up the main difference of our opinions. I would rather face facts and the truth and deal with situations. Where you would rather, hide and sweep things away, pretending they never happened.

To such effect, I do not see any point in discussing the difference in our opinions further as they will always clash.

Haz said:
I think this sums up the main difference of our opinions. I would rather face facts and the truth and deal with situations. Where you would rather, hide and sweep things away, pretending they never happened.

To such effect, I do not see any point in discussing the difference in our opinions further as they will always clash.
Ouch. For a start, I agree with you that in most circumstances, it's better to deal with the root cause than the symptoms. However, (and this is the real issue), I feel that this was not the case in this situation.

Generalising me over one quote isn't something that one should force an arguement with.

It's not that I pretend they never happened. It's that I would rather remember personally what happened, than to have it constantly there, enabling anyone to pick up that concept and run with it. It's better to ban one person now, than have everything blow up even bigger later on.

And please, stop being so melodramatic. I'm sorry I always have an answer, and I always give my opinion (where I have one), but there's no reason to shut down a dialogue because of that.

Heck, chances are, in another topic/thread, I'd be there agreeing with you.

wii_cammy said:
Yawn
Ok
england
england
england
what can i say about you

Well your are ok
yawn
im going now
yawn

Idiot.

wii_cammy said:
Dont call me an idiot???
Or wordsd to those effects

I thought you would of learnt to not take me serious by now Cammy, it was just a joke.

Squall7 said:
Ouch. For a start, I agree with you that in most circumstances, it's better to deal with the root cause than the symptoms. However, (and this is the real issue), I feel that this was not the case in this situation.

Generalising me over one quote isn't something that one should force an arguement with.

It's not that I pretend they never happened. It's that I would rather remember personally what happened, than to have it constantly there, enabling anyone to pick up that concept and run with it. It's better to ban one person now, than have everything blow up even bigger later on.

And please, stop being so melodramatic. I'm sorry I always have an answer, and I always give my opinion (where I have one), but there's no reason to shut down a dialogue because of that.

Heck, chances are, in another topic/thread, I'd be there agreeing with you.

OK - Let's agree to disagree on this whole debate.

I was possibly a little short today, had a busy day at work (my replacement starts next week and I've been busy writing process documents) and I've so under the weather.

I look forwarding to agreeing with you on some debate in the future :wink:

@wii_cammy, it wasn't words to that effect, it was those words lol

Back