England Smoking Ban

The_Loose_Cannon said:
welfare state? please you'd like to believe that wouldn't you? when you get out of that liberal bubble of yours and experience the real world then just then you'll know what welfare really means

for the record, aliens exist, god is false (imo), we know the world is round from travelers and technology OH! and so were clear. youre barely established and still a child! i just like to point that out youre barely even old enough to TOUCH a ciggerette

Actually, I am legally allowed to buy a cigarette. 16 is the legal age in the UK.

Ouch, that move turned out to be a wrong one for you.

I benefit a lot from the Welfare State, I wouldn't be here without it. My mum is old enough to know what the Welfare State does, it keeps us in balance, it benefits families in difficulty across the country all the time.

Frogger said:
Actually, I am legally allowed to buy a cigarette. 16 is the legal age in the UK.

Ouch, that move turned out to be a wrong one for you.

I benefit a lot from the Welfare State, I wouldn't be here without it. My mum is old enough to know what the Welfare State does, it keeps us in balance, it benefits families in difficulty across the country all the time.

well there in lies the difference

i come from money and you don't. oh well! i will make sure that when i get my pension from my job and my lovely benefits and overtime ill remind myself that there are folks that are completely destitute

oh wait maybe ill arrest a bum instead

Loose....you should be on cops..

anways back on the subject...

Banning of smoking...

yesh it sucks cause some places like bars should still have them..restrauts eh..maybe ish..i dont like smoke and food mix together at all...so yeh i see this banning heling out, yet taking in...

it works boths way..

the nypd was on that show in the 80s i believe

we are way too political of a police force. in the episode, the officers go in a helicopter around midtown. for what they were doing i don't remember

CCScandalus said:
wow... if the uk is so health concious, why is their age to buy tobacco two years younger than the u.s.?

blame the liberals :rolleyes:

im sure frogger with all her limited knowledge can provide the nonexistant answer

16?..dam....

lol..if that was for the US...

well lets just say the place were i went to school everyone did it!.
and these people were 12 and even 13 years old..its crazy...

Loose i forgot to say that you for you service in lawforcement

Score one for Englishmen.

Saving lives is saving lives.
Might not save as many lives as banning alcohol, but a life is priceless.

Government's got a long way to go until they rid the country of the money-making products that kill people, though. But I got confidence in them.

you guys remember the prohibition of alcohol in 1920?

banning of any alcohol period..

read this

National prohibition of alcohol (1920-33)--the "noble experiment"--was undertaken to reduce crime and corruption, solve social problems, reduce the tax burden created by prisons and poorhouses, and improve health and hygiene in America. The results of that experiment clearly indicate that it was a miserable failure on all counts. The evidence affirms sound economic theory, which predicts that prohibition of mutually beneficial exchanges is doomed to failure

The lessons of Prohibition remain important today. They apply not only to the debate over the war on drugs but also to the mounting efforts to drastically reduce access to alcohol and tobacco and to such issues as censorship and bans on insider trading, abortion, and gambling.

Although consumption of alcohol fell at the beginning of Prohibition, it subsequently increased. Alcohol became more dangerous to consume; crime increased and became "organized"; the court and prison systems were stretched to the breaking point; and corruption of public officials was rampant. No measurable gains were made in productivity or reduced absenteeism. Prohibition removed a significant source of tax revenue and greatly increased government spending. It led many drinkers to switch to opium, marijuana, patent medicines, cocaine, and other dangerous substances that they would have been unlikely to encounter in the absence of Prohibition. Those results are documented from a variety of sources, most of which, ironically, are the work of supporters of Prohibition--most economists and social scientists supported it. Their findings make the case against Prohibition that much stronger.

youre right

who will i arrest if people were on the straight and narrow :wtf:

seriously though there are worse things than smoking ciggs. they are so common and tons of people do it everyday

welcome to society. if you don't like it, consult NASA for a pleasant stay on some other planet. just ask for marvin the martian for good rates

oh wait frogger said aliens don't exist :rolleyes:

The_Loose_Cannon said:
youre right

who will i arrest if people were on the straight and narrow :wtf:

seriously though there are worse things than smoking ciggs. they are so common and tons of people do it everyday

welcome to society. if you don't like it, consult NASA for a pleasant stay on some other planet. just ask for marvin the martian for good rates

oh wait frogger said aliens don't exist :rolleyes:

amen loose...

so so true

i hate how everyone thinks smoking is bad,,

Wake up people there are things was badder than that...This is just the tip of stuff...gahh

Last edited:
Battles said:
you guys remember the prohibition of alcohol in 1920?

banning of any alcohol period..

read this

National prohibition of alcohol (1920-33)--the "noble experiment"--was undertaken to reduce crime and corruption, solve social problems, reduce the tax burden created by prisons and poorhouses, and improve health and hygiene in America. The results of that experiment clearly indicate that it was a miserable failure on all counts. The evidence affirms sound economic theory, which predicts that prohibition of mutually beneficial exchanges is doomed to failure

The lessons of Prohibition remain important today. They apply not only to the debate over the war on drugs but also to the mounting efforts to drastically reduce access to alcohol and tobacco and to such issues as censorship and bans on insider trading, abortion, and gambling.

Although consumption of alcohol fell at the beginning of Prohibition, it subsequently increased. Alcohol became more dangerous to consume; crime increased and became "organized"; the court and prison systems were stretched to the breaking point; and corruption of public officials was rampant. No measurable gains were made in productivity or reduced absenteeism. Prohibition removed a significant source of tax revenue and greatly increased government spending. It led many drinkers to switch to opium, marijuana, patent medicines, cocaine, and other dangerous substances that they would have been unlikely to encounter in the absence of Prohibition. Those results are documented from a variety of sources, most of which, ironically, are the work of supporters of Prohibition--most economists and social scientists supported it. Their findings make the case against Prohibition that much stronger.

that's what i had in mind... but i'm an american, so i'm too lazy to type a lot

lol..Im american as well......well i was board ans have nothing to do..wow it came out good...

thank god i listened in history class..lol...

but now people can see my point

Back