General Advice thread

Monsteroids

Psychedelic Snail
Jan 19, 2007
BC, Canada
Wii Online Code
6069-9016-3559-6279
The idea behind this thread is that people want to learn a skill like how to program, how to play some game, how to play a sport better, how to get to their goal in life and such, right? Well I was hoping that people could share their knowledge here on that skill for the person who wants to know how to do that skill as well, or maybe a resource(book, site, tools, best deal etc.) that they used and it helped. Remember to quote a person you're answering.

Well I'll go first:

I'd like to learn how to program video games, yet I'm not sure of where to begin.
Any ideas? Any more questions?

Monsteroids said:
The idea behind this thread is that people want to learn a skill like how to program, how to play some game, how to play a sport better, how to get to their goal in life and such, right? Well I was hoping that people could share their knowledge here on that skill for the person who wants to know how to do that skill as well, or maybe a resource(book, site, tools, best deal etc.) that they used and it helped. Remember to quote a person you're answering.

Well I'll go first:

I'd like to learn how to program video games, yet I'm not sure of where to begin.
Any ideas? Any more questions?
Do you know how to program? If not then I would start out buy looking at some tutorials and teaching your self a programming language like C++ or something. I really don't think this thread is necessary though. If someone wants to learn something like that can't they just make a thread for each separate thing? I know I would rather look at a bunch of little threads than one unorganized thread with all kinds of things in it.

paintba||er said:

Do you know how to program? If not then I would start out buy looking at some tutorials and teaching your self a programming language like C++ or something. I really don't think this thread is necessary though. If someone wants to learn something like that can't they just make a thread for each separate thing? I know I would rather look at a bunch of little threads than one unorganized thread with all kinds of things in it.

true. It was just an idea :/
I don't know which programming language, books, tools n' stuff to use.

It'd be cool if this was a sub-topic :(

Back