General Forum Suggestions

Let's all find an off-topic dedicated site and move there.

If it's not taken, Dakuda's domain would be perfect. :D

Or better yet make one.............................Bugger eamped is down STILL

Nar theres loads of forums out there that I cant be arsed to join/post on

I think the mod's are being much too strict in the Lounge. It is the Lounge, y'know?

We already have a thread on "What did you spend your money on today". A thread for "What did you eat today" is not necessary. If you would like to find the other thread do a member search for "Celeste" and click on "view threads made".
This one in particular makes no sense. Not everyone buys their food. They are completely different topics.

And we can't talk about milkshakes...?
Or help other members out in regards to username changes...?

Not trying to *****, just some constructive criticism.

Yeah, threads like that get locked. Why not thinking about thread? That has been spammed a lot, it even had flame wars. Oh wait, veteran members post there. We can't have them being un happy.

yeah i brougt that matter up a couple of pages ago, it's the lounge, for off-topic discussion, i would really like to read a guide explaining what fits in the lounge and what dosn't

mushroomedmario said:
yeah i brougt that matter up a couple of pages ago, it's the lounge, for off-topic discussion, i would really like to read a guide explaining what fits in the lounge and what dosn't

Flame wars?

1. By allowing members to post threads such as "What did you eat today" you will soon notice it being followed by threads such as:

- What time is it where you live?
- Where do you live?
- What did you have to drink today?
- Did you go to school today?
- What's your favourite colour?
- What did you watch on TV today?
- What are you doing tomorrow?
etc

the list goes on and on and I see no point in allowing "The Lounge" to turn into a spam section. Thus, I have requested that a spam section be made for threads such as the one's listed above.

The reason as to why the "What Are You Thinking About" thread is still around is due to the fact that we believe one semi-spam topic is fine.

Syntax said:
the list goes on and on and I see no point in allowing "The Lounge" to turn into a spam section. Thus, I have requested that a spam section be made for threads such as the one's listed above.

Off topic is that section...You all just won't allow it and are going to take it to 'off-topic' AND 'spam' sections. Could be better things being done.

The reason as to why the "What Are You Thinking About" thread is still around is due to the fact that we believe one semi-spam topic is fine.

What difference does one make. If you're not allowing any why allow one? It's obvious it is favouritism. If it were new members posting there day in day out, spamming or flaming then it would be locked in an instant.

But that whole 'one is fine' just breaks your whole comment.

Okay, okay.

I just think that if they're truly bad threads than they'll take their course and quickly die. I don't think something as broad as the Off-Topic section needs much maintenance.

EDIT: Hardly, James. If any threads were to go for being off-topic, the Photo Album would definitely be first. And you obviously haven't noticed that, as of late, a group of newbs has been posting more in the thinking thread than the regulars.

LevesqueIsKing said:
Okay, okay.

I just think that if they're truly bad threads than they'll take their course and quickly die. I don't think something as broad as the Off-Topic section needs much maintenance.

If they were that concerned they would get more section specific mods like, a off topic section mod covering Lounge, feedback and board games.

As lass, no we only get section only mods in wii gaming/chat and brawl. 2 Mods to replace 80% of the old team.

EDIT: Hardly, James. If any threads were to go for being off-topic, the Photo Album would definitely be first. And you obviously haven't noticed that, as of late, a group of newbs has been posting more in the thinking thread than the regulars.

I've mentioned Photo Album before to Syntax along with others, but of cause you would like to defend your favourite topic. This instance I was using the thinking thread as an example. Now sit back down and take a breather, Tyler.

I'm not playing favourites. Anyone is free to post in the "What Are You Thinking About" thread. It is not just for regulars. The photo album does tend to go off topic at points and thus may lead to stricter moderation of that topic but it is yet to be decided. I'll have a talk with a few of the other moderators and see what they have to say in regards to the thread.

pro gamer said:
What kind of threads can we make in the lounge?

None by the sounds of things. ¬.¬

- What time is it where you live?
- Where do you live?
- What did you have to drink today?
- Did you go to school today?
- What's your favourite colour?
- What did you watch on TV today?
- What are you doing tomorrow?

I don't see why they're all needed, as describing how the weather is today isn't fun, just an excuse to post really (yes, I know I posted in that topic :p)

Also I want RPG back, that was d-o-p-e.

Back