Goldeneye hate about something topic

I actually started a new account called "pistols only", in which, oddly enough i only use pistols. In a few of my games people have actually also joined me. But most people will see this as a chance to score some free kills so they pull out their masty. But i still kick their asses because the torka is op.

Yeah, well...we all knew this would happen. Surprised it took this long with all the xp hacking and stuff. I have also found the above to be true also, though - where I will use a different gun and some people will switch. I was doing hip-fire only sniper on archives yesterday and managed to convert a few. I also have similar luck with wolfe, usually.

I think it's just the mentality of "Oh crap it's another 56!! I need to bring out the spam because i KNOW they will spam me!" ...pity. My fave loadout is actually strata, wolfe, hi cap, HH, SS, Silencer. You get that loadout at level 45, 1/2 way through the xp rat race...

Last edited:
I hate how the adding of friends works. In MW3 you highlight the person and send an invite or friend request. Even during the game. Way more user friendly and convenient.

The main thing I'd change about the FC list is that all of your friends that are online should automatically be filtered to the top. It stinks when you are trying to send invites for a party and you have to go 70 places down your FC list to get to someone. Bring all of the "online" friends to the top could not have been difficult to program.

I hate the guy(s) with the hacked automatic RPG. Seriously, funny for the first few kills, but the whole f'ing game. Just plain stupid and pointless.

The main thing I'd change about the FC list is that all of your friends that are online should automatically be filtered to the top. It stinks when you are trying to send invites for a party and you have to go 70 places down your FC list to get to someone. Bring all of the "online" friends to the top could not have been difficult to program.

... Goldeneye doesn't have that? Even Super Smash Bros. Brawl automatically puts online players on your FC list at the top. And let me tell ya, Brawl's online was rubbish since it got tacked on at the last second. Kind'a sad an online multiplayer-focused game that came out a year later ain't got that feature.

There are many, many I won't play against because they can't put down the spam. Sure, many have earned it - I have - but it still makes the game less fun, especially for players on the long, long trek upward. I never start with the Nasty load out but I don't hesitate to change it when it's clear it's the only way to have a chance.

Interestingly, I've found a lot of chronic spammers are lousy shots.

Interestingly, I've found a lot of chronic spammers are lousy shots.

^Very true, hence why they can't help but spam. The overpowered weapons are their only chance to score in the game because more of them xp hacked their way through it and never developed the real game skills necessary to compete.

Also hate those people that just run around with noob-tubes. I don't mind all that much if they're skilled enough to get kills once they've used up the two shots, but when it's their only method of scoring it ticks me off. The real noobs just end up blowing me and themselves up, and then they respawn and do it all over again. Sometimes I feel like using something other than a pistol to teach 'em a lesson.

The inconsistency in quality of my connection from day to day, hence lag or the absence of said lag, perpetuates the feeling that I both suck and am a GE god. The only exception is when I'm in a lobby of more experienced 56rs. That's when there is no doubt that I suck. In that situation the quality of connection only determines the degree of my pain and sadness.

All that aside, this game is still a lot of fun. Carry on :)

Also hate those people that just run around with noob-tubes. I don't mind all that much if they're skilled enough to get kills once they've used up the two shots,...

The only time I can't resist bringing out the noob-tube is in Heroes when they camp out in the boat room on Docks, or upper room in Archives. After dispatching the hero I switch back to my primary loadout.

Last edited by a moderator:
How about being in a party - of two - in a fresh lobby and not getting placed on the same team. Found out that after an HQ, if you stick in the lobby and a new host is found, your party will not be recognized. Though it still asked if I wanted to leave the party after a few matches. :mad:

Back