Got MOHH2...blah...

iamone8 said:
I remember there was a time when FPS had barely any communication...I don't know how you kids would survive those doom, quake and unreal tournament days. Man I'm getting old...

Well, we did have keyboards...

I'd gladly give up a headset for keyboard and mouse support :yesnod: ... but we all know that's not happening anytime soon on a console :lol:

Desi_Wii_G said:
Well I really don't know what you are talking about, this game rocks! I'm not trying to be mean or anything but it's sort of true when you think about it, maybe you just aren't good. When people suck they don't enjoy game play much. Also there is no online lagg at all for me so it can be your connection. I'm just outing my opinions out there but I could be wrong... :)

I'm certainly not the best player, but I'm usually scoring within the top few of each team.

It's not me. It's the game.

Also, I never said the game was laggy. There were only a few instances where a few players here and there had any noticable lag. That was due to their connection though, not mine.

phillepino said:
so are you guys saying this isn't worht $50?

It depends on how desperate you are for a decent online shooter and how much experience you have with online shooters With the exception of BWii, this is the only online shooter available.

If you've had extensive play time with other online shooters (e.g., SOCOM, Counterstrike, etc.), you'll probably be disappointed (but still have some fun). If you haven't experienced what a great online shooter can be (and should be), you'll probably really like this.

My problem is that I know how good an online shooter can be and how much EA failed to do with this game (but very easily could have done).

Don't get me wrong, though. The game is still PRETTY fun. I played it online for a few hours last night and had a pretty fun time. But I don't have that feeling of addiction that compels me to go play right now, which a good online shooter (or any online game) does possess. There are also a lot of moments of frustration, such as when I respawn right in the middle of the enemies base, and I'm surrounded by 5 enemies who blast me away, despite the fact that I land several good shots with my semi-auto rifle into an enemy (who miraculously) lives.

Last edited:
iamone8 said:
I remember there was a time when FPS had barely any communication...I don't know how you kids would survive those doom, quake and unreal tournament days. Man I'm getting old...

You could type messages. Sure, you have preset messages in this game; but they're useless and take longer than it would to type something.

Besides, those games were more "one man for himself" deathmatch games. They weren't as heavily team based as this game is, thus not requiring communication.

Budo said:
Well, we did have keyboards...

I'd gladly give up a headset for keyboard and mouse support :yesnod: ... but we all know that's not happening anytime soon on a console :lol:

It did for the Dreamcast. Heck, I remember playing Unreal Tournament and Quake 3 online on my Dreamcast using a mouse and keyboard.

You know, it's quite sad when a console that came out almost 10 years ago BLEW away all of the online efforts on the Wii.

Yea, too bad no one played the DC though, hehe.

And from what I've heard, the keyboard and mouse support for the PS3 is nothing more than remapped pad controls (i.e. autoaim/lock is still there). It's basically how that Shadowrun game had completely lame controls on the PC because of the 360.

After playing it a bit more, I've determined that (for me), the flaws really damage the game to the point that I really don't want to own it.

This game's going up on eBay today.

When will I learn to rent games first!?!

I see your a fan of tactical games with voice chat, this is a fast paced FPS not the same flow as SOCOM or Splinter.

It is definatly worth buying. Altough I cant say that out of experience ( europe for the lose ) but you shouldnt buy this game with the thought to get a tactical ww2 shooter. Imagine Quake 3 arena with ww2 weapons and skins.

My thoughts after a few hours of play - If all I had was a Wii this game would be amazing - but it pales in comparison to the FPS computer games I have. Not sure what I was expecting - since I have a decent computer system I should have just stuck to playing FPS on the computer and saved the $50 for a new computer game (like The Orange Box).

Again, if all you have is a Wii then buy this game if you like FPS games - it's fun (just don't expect it to be anywhere close to a computer FPS). These guys did a great job with the control scheme (I've tried to play some FPS on other consoles but after using the mouse and keyboard for so long the dual analog just seemed silly - this game I jumped right in and felt pretty comfortable).

Back