Hammer Bro issues

tank

Semper Ubi Sub Ubi
Nov 26, 2006
Pittsburgh, PA
I was reading a review for Charged somewhere and it said something about players being cheap with the hammer bros, or something along those lines.

Is there some kind of special move that the hammer bros have that people just spam during online play?

kinda, each player has its own special move, and hammer bros throw hammers crushing/distracting the goal keeper so the ball goes in.
I've played against some people who just try and use it over and over again, thing is you've gotta be pretty close to the goal to score with it generally, so if you keep some one in defense all the time at the back it shouldnt be too much of a problem. The other players moves are good for the most part too though, its not like you're gona loose just because you havent selected him to be on your team.

i found that the people using hammer bros only cnt seem to score if u take the hammer bro out but then there r others that whip me bad lol but all good

I guess what the article was saying is that there are players who are constantly spamming the move Mark described. Just kinda curious if anyone has a bad experience against a player like that. As long as there is a good way to counter it it's all good. Thanks guys.

Oh well, I'm going to reserve my copy now! Hopefully I'll be able to catch up with you UK players soon :lol:

most i play, the hammer bros is the only way which they can score. this isnt everyone though, i dont use hammer bros, but if the people decide to use this move all the time then fine, its not hard to tackle when you get timing right.

it does take the fun out of it, everyone has there own techniques but if they use the hammer bros all the time you can punish them with your skills, dont moan about it, figure out how to beat it and its simple to beat that person.

right. So what do you recommend as the best way to counter a HammerSpammer, as I've dubbed it :lol:

all i can say is get ure timing right when tackling. and if people use this technique, its likely that its the only way in which they can win

Yeah I agree, it takes some practice but the Hammer Bros spam can be easily countered. The first time I played online a few people spammed with the Hammer Bros and I felt frustrated. After I had more of these games however I realised you have to hold of with the tackle/slide until just after hes used the D-Pad and practice getting the timing right. Now I just thrash them :D, practice makes perfect I guess...

its not hard, just know where hammerbros is and dont let him charge up, take him out

Some people can only score with hammer bros. When Strikers just came out people where complaining that you couldnt beat hammer bros. If you see someone using it, just walk along with it. Than as soon as he starts charging up for his hammer toss, tackle him !

Except for some latency problems this will almost always work. ( It sure does in off-line mode )

i found Dry bones to be an effective defense. That mo fo is FAST. He keeps up with the attackers really well.

PLUS ! he can teleport long distances when you charge him up!

I seen a neat trick that involves him, Z button and >

tank said:
i found Dry bones to be an effective defense. That mo fo is FAST. He keeps up with the attackers really well.

YES i def choose him for my defense

hh yeah hammer bros is cheap which is why i like him

his deak paralyzes people, and you can get close to the goal if you deak in the direction of anyone that's headed in your direction at the right time

than use his special

and you get a goall

i love using him

Back