Here's a question

I'd sure as hell let them wait until they're older so they're more aware about what they're doing, they might be much more comfortable in their sexuality. S'not like there's anything wrong with being gay. Plus, I think that gays are generally more accepted than people who have sex changes in relationships. If they really think that it's best then they can go ahead and do it. I'd just want them to be aware of the process of injecting themselves every day, the procedure, how people would react if they were looking for a relationship etc.

sounds like someone watched law and order the other day.
Haha, yeah, I did watch SVU the other day. I wondered if anyone would piece that together.

Fine by me if he want's a sex change, as long as I can afford it and he/she is 18+.

Last edited:
I wouldn't let them do anything until they were 18 and 100% sure, obviously I'd be a bid saddened but if they were my child then I would have to respect their decision.

A sex change seems a bit extreme at twelve. I don't think you can really see the consequences of such procedures at such a young age. Plus I really can't fathom that you can be that sure of your sexual preferences at that age! I'm fine if my child turned out to be a homosexual, but I'd definately not allow the sex change at twelve. I can't say I'd be to embarrassed either.

A sex change seems a bit extreme at twelve. I don't think you can really see the consequences of such procedures at such a young age. Plus I really can't fathom that you can be that sure of your sexual preferences at that age! I'm fine if my child turned out to be a homosexual, but I'd definately not allow the sex change at twelve. I can't say I'd be to embarrassed either.
There's a difference between sexual preference and gender identity.

As for the age thing, a lot of people who've have sex changes say they've "always felt" like a boy/girl, even from a young age.

There's a difference between sexual preference and gender identity.

As for the age thing, a lot of people who've have sex changes say they've "always felt" like a boy/girl, even from a young age.
Yeah I meant to say age identity, blame typing that late at night. ;)

I still don't think that at twelve a sex change is a good idea. You still have so much development ahead [both mentally and physically] that could change your mind about wanting to be the opposite sex. Once they're 18 they can do what they want. If he/she still believes they won't be happy living without a sex change, then go ahead and have one.

18 is pretty young still. I know I'm stupid now.

Once you're eighteen, you're pretty much developed physically into what you don't want to be.

Some of these replies are quite disgusting.

18 is pretty young still. I know I'm stupid now.
I don't think I'm that stupid now? :p At least I'd be capable of thinking about such a big decision in a serious manner, I really don't think the average twelve year old could.

Back