how random online play will change the world of trash talking forever

spiff-ssbb

WiiChat Member
Jan 23, 2008
Wii Online Code
8140-2366-3149-0356
everyone who plays melee with their friends thinks their awesome if they can beat those friends. they play noone but those friends and they always own...therefore they assume they own. they come here and begin talking crap about how they will own the world in brawl. i dont know how many 'best link/ pikachu/ bowser/ CF/ falco players in the WORLD' i've read about in posts. i think it will be interesting to see how many of them still talk crap after they play a few dozen random online battles wherein they will EVENTUALLY run into someone who owns their crap. but hey. if you are one and you want to remain one dont play online. continue owning up your four friends and keep thinking you could rip the likes of ken, chu, pc, and azen to shreads. negligence is bliss lol

i said something about this in another thread to you, spiff, but I don't ACTUALLY think I'm the greatest smash bros. player to walk the earth, I say stuff like that just for fun.
Of course, I still think I'm good, but I don't have any delusions of grandeur. I'm certainly no pro (I've never been to a tournament, want to though), but I still think I'm good enough to beat SOME people, at least. That doesn't mean I'll be undefeated online.

spiff-ssbb said:
everyone who plays melee with their friends thinks their awesome if they can beat those friends. they play noone but those friends and they always own...therefore they assume they own. they come here and begin talking crap about how they will own the world in brawl. i dont know how many 'best link/ pikachu/ bowser/ CF/ falco players in the WORLD' i've read about in posts. i think it will be interesting to see how many of them still talk crap after they play a few dozen random online battles wherein they will EVENTUALLY run into someone who owns their crap. but hey. if you are one and you want to remain one dont play online. continue owning up your four friends and keep thinking you could rip the likes of ken, chu, pc, and azen to shreads. negligence is bliss lol
wow you need to stop this already. online doesn't prove anything because its laggy, so you will never know. and some of us have done quite good in tourneys against random people. and we have played against random people at gamestop and nintendo world.some of us have different attitudes considering some of us are teenagers with mood problems (not me). and some of us think its fun to trash talk. so seriously just stop.

MikemasterM1 said:
wow you need to stop this already. online doesn't prove anything because its laggy, so you will never know.
And you know this how?

Well nice topic to discuss Spiff. But I think most of the I CAN PWN you stuff is kept to a minimum of four friends lol. Unless your pro but thats a whole different world. But youre right because thereis those cocky people who think they can beat everyone but they will most likely blame it on a laggy game or there controller wasnt working :lol:

MikemasterM1 said:
there is a website about ssbb rankings. and im a teen. did you completely ignore my post, because it clearly states whats wrong with his points. and this is america, freedom of speech.

Yes but your freedom of speech is limited on this forum cus you vitual signed that rules of conduct or waht ever so you can't say what ever the USA does censor freedom becuase you dont have the freedom to take other peopls freedom its a wierd thing

ANYWAYS! I think that laggy online is just an exuse and when that one online tournment comes people are going to being owned HARD and then there just going to discoonect there server and said O No stupid laggy online when they realy suck

lol i trash talk for the fun of it, i don't really care if i win or lose, so long as i trash talked previously.

samXcor3 said:
i think its ignorance not negligence lmfao.
<3
Is it just me or are we all using insightful statements?

But anyway no matter what there is always at least one trash talker for each online game (Voice Support or not). Its just the way the gaming community is.

to MikemasterM1, Dkw0101 and GigaRidley:
i wasn't commenting on either of you. trash talking for fun can be fun i cannot lie. i meant the people who actually get heated about it... like the ones who walk away from the computer still thinking about what was said to them... those ones. i meant no offense by the post.

to D1nner:
thank you :)

to PrinceLink:
i'll see you at that tourney haha all the best to you in it. who will you use?

spiff-ssbb said:
to MikemasterM1, Dkw0101 and GigaRidley:
i wasn't commenting on either of you. trash talking for fun can be fun i cannot lie. i meant the people who actually get heated about it... like the ones who walk away from the computer still thinking about what was said to them... those ones. i meant no offense by the post.

to D1nner:
thank you :)

to PrinceLink:
i'll see you at that tourney haha all the best to you in it. who will you use?
Aww no reply to me lol.

But I'm really interested to see how tourneys will be and when they will start having some big ones. (not that i wanna join any cause I will prolly suck hehe)

EDIT: wow I just realized that was really off topic. But ill make a sentence thats on topic.

Online has always been home of trash talkers. But with the wii (no voice chat and just a different community) im sure it will be a bit different. Im not exactly sure how but it will be. But SSB has always brang out the evil PWNER side in all of us hasnt it?

Last edited:
Z3wpk said:
Aww no reply to me lol.

But I'm really interested to see how tourneys will be and when they will start having some big ones. (not that i wanna join any cause I will prolly suck hehe)

EDIT: wow I just realized that was really off topic. But ill make a sentence thats on topic.

Online has always been home of trash talkers. But with the wii (no voice chat and just a different community) im sure it will be a bit different. Im not exactly sure how but it will be. But SSB has always brang out the evil PWNER side in all of us hasnt it?
HERES your reply haha
i also am looking forward to the tourney vids and stuff. i wanna get in on some small local tourneys. hopefiully they have some in toronto.

but to the on topic stuff. ya it'll be different. people wont be able to fume over losing or gloat over winning so well... and forums will be rid of some newbie trash talkers and be replaced by some decent people who trash talk over how they beat a couple people in a row lol thats my theory

Back