i0n Please Explain Yourself

Status
Not open for further replies.
well this thread cant really do much more.......we already flammed i0n, mentioned site pronlems, talked about mods,.........so now wii just have to wait and see what i0n does.......and hopefully its something and fast.....but clearly he is paying attention to wiichat considering that he has remodeled wiichat, its starting to feel like wiichat again

Whatever happens with this forum, real life is more important.

Remember that.

And I think you are the ones being insensitive by making this thread.

Something terrible could have happened.

Oh, you're also being ungrateful. If it wasn't for i0n we wouldn't even have this forum.

I don't know i0n personally and I've never talked to him on the net. But even I know there are more important things in life than a gaming forum.

^A website is not 'real life'? Am I just dreaming that I go on here every day? Are the people I talk to not influenced by me in any way shape or form? Saying that there are more important things than a forum is an opinion, regardless of how agreeable it is.

We are not being disrespectful to i0n because:
1. He already posted a few months back and did not mention any tragic incident.
2. With creating a forum comes the responsibility of maintaining it. Thats like saying you want a puppy and then you let it starve, and then when the puppy comes up to you and scratches your leg to remind you to feed it, you yell at it saying that it should be respectful because you gave it a home.

EDIT: Question for anyone in this thread: I'm debating whether to make an "Admin Petition" thread. Good idea or bad idea (eg, will I get flamed to hell or will the petition grow)?

Last edited:
Interesting analogy.

Does he really have to lay out the issues that he is having for you straight away? Take time to think of what the issues could be. We could be lucky to even have him back, and this is how you thank him? Give the guy a break.

The forum was maintained by the mods. They did a great job at looking after the forum while i0n was away.

Just take time to think, and let him explain himself in his own time - without you "flamming i0n".

well LK, i would do it.........just not right now, considering i0n is back, give him a chance first before trying to get another admin, i think we could both agree on that............

"and yes with great power comes great responsibility"

From spiderman

It is very strange that he didn't even answer us, but something could have happened to him that he didn't want to tell us. It's not like we're family to him, we're his consumers if you look at it in a certain way. I'd like to know what happened more than the next person, but let him explain it.

Does anyone have the link to his last post?

The reason as to why i0n was inactive was quite some time is due to the fact that he was dealing with some personal issues. I'm sure if you were to check his "Find posts by user" you would find a post mentioning as to why he was gone for so long. Also if it was due to personal issues I wouldn't expect him to post it considering most people I know prefer to keep personal matters to themselves instead of sharing it with the public. Just my opinion on this whole situation...

im one to respect privacy,

but seriously syntax, could you imagine if god created earth, and never checked up on it???

it would be massive chao (im religious btw)

but i0n created this, he should either take care of it or just delete the site if he is to busy to take care of it

its just the way i think, but i completely understand if you dont see it my way

I do understand at what you guys are getting at. I'm not trying to put anyone down. Just saying that his absence was most likely due to personal issues and that if I were him I probably wouldn't bring them up on an online site. However if i0n feels that it is necessary I'm sure he will let you guys know. It's really just up to him. Also with i0n being back I think we need to stop dwelling on the past and move on. What's done is done and nothing is going to change what happened in terms of his absence. Basically that was my outlook on the whole situation since August. I continued posting even though many other well known members of this site left. Hopefully this makes sense...

Quick thought before I head off to bed.

So what if i0n isn't posting every day? So what if a few small minded trolls come here and try to disrupt the community's space? It will happen regardless of the number of active admin od moderaters. It's up to the members to make the place succeed or fail, not the person who started it. This isn't a business that needs a leader to take it forward.. .. .. it's a place for like minded individuals to share ideas, help, information and conversation.

Can we leave off the 'where are you i0n' threads now and start talking about something interesting instead?

PLEASE?

LevesqueIsKing said:
^Its gotten better since TLC left, but it still happens.

zapasant: Who wouldn't agree with that? We just think it would be a good idea to promote an admin, just incase this happens in the future.
:wtf:
Jill was the best s.mod WiiChat had IMO.
Syntax will do fine for now.
I hate Prez, but he was a good mod too. I dont see him around anymore.

yes regardless what happend during agust and september, we can all agree that we're happy to see him back, welcome back i0n, i hope you stay this time. or atleast check up on ur people once in a while ....*yawn* im getting tired so im gonna logg off, ill see you guys later *specially you i0n*

*glares and points*

how can "Personal Issues" Last for over 4 month

Depends on what the situation was.

Jill was the best s.mod WiiChat had IMO.
Syntax will do fine for now.
I hate Prez, but he was a good mod too. I dont see him around anymore.

Prez is still around and is doing a good job of removing trolls etc.

Quick thought before I head off to bed.

So what if i0n isn't posting every day? So what if a few small minded trolls come here and try to disrupt the community's space? It will happen regardless of the number of active admin od moderaters. It's up to the members to make the place succeed or fail, not the person who started it. This isn't a business that needs a leader to take it forward.. .. .. it's a place for like minded individuals to share ideas, help, information and conversation.

Can we leave off the 'where are you i0n' threads now and start talking about something interesting instead?

PLEASE?

Agreed. With that being said I suggest we move on now seeing as i0n is back. If i0n feels that it is necessary I'm pretty sure he will give an explanation as to his disappearance in this thread or another.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back