I'm Glad the Wii Cant Play DVD's and MP3's!!!!

I'm so glad that my car doesn't have a radio. I already have a radio. Besides, a car manufacturer is good at making cars, not radios. If they had to divert resources to putting a radio in my car, the car would cost more. And it wouldn't be as good.

In summary, I hate having more of a good thing. And I hate progress.

:lol:

Shoko said:
plus, playing dvd's in ur consel(s) wears it out. i used to play movies all the time on my ps2 but it just stopped reading ALL types of discs after 5 motnhs
Therefore the DVDs caused your PS2 to fail??

I'm not buying it. You most likely just got a dirty lens.

Please show some real evidence that DVDs cause consoles to fail.

To the drive in the console, there's no difference between a game disc and a DVD. Do you know the MBTF for the Wii's drive?

You don't want a system with more features because you're all scared that it'll fade away? I can't possibly fathom agreeing with you.
All the Wii needs is a software update, the game-discs are already DVD, they just need reader in which to read the DVD-Movie format that's output by publishing companies of movies. Since that already exists, and I'm sure some multi-millionaire at Nintendo owns share rights- the update would be free.

D4L_Wii said:
I'm GLAD that the wii cant play DVD's and MP3's.

Nintendo are stricktly for gaming and nothing else, is that so bad? I mean we have DVD Players to watch movies, and computers, mp3 players ect for music.

Unlike Sony and Microsoft X-Box, they do use DVD players and Music and Games which is ok but it focuses away from the gaming.

I hope that the Wii never does attach DVD and Music Playback because then they'll focus away from the True Meaning of their company of Nintendo.

GAMING​

Thanks,
D4L_Wii
The Crashsphere

I disagree

my brother payed some money towards the ps3 for the bluray it had (and DVD)

i wanted it for the gaming

plus blu ray is a big part of ps3

it can support up to 25 GB os space and soon to go up to 50GB (double layer), and so on

plus this way more people will get interested in buying ps3

this goes towards 360 aswell btw

how much can wii handle 6 GB?

these little things DEVS put into a console make alot of difference

sure the price may have gone up for ps3 but now its 400$

hell look at what we god for 400$

blu-ray player, gaming system, DVD players, Ipod dock etc..

ps3 will soon have a movie rental space (i belive i read that somewhere)

your logic IMO is immoral your saying that the extra things like a blu ray player or dvd player dont make a differece though they have a huge impack on the device.

dalesd said:
I'm so glad that my car doesn't have a radio. I already have a radio. Besides, a car manufacturer is good at making cars, not radios. If they had to divert resources to putting a radio in my car, the car would cost more. And it wouldn't be as good.

In summary, I hate having more of a good thing. And I hate progress.

Yeah, I'm glad I don't have a clock on my wrist, cell phone, microwave, oven range, vcr, car radio, bank signs, CNN, Task Bar, etc, because I have the sun to tell me if it's dark, because the sun is good at telling me that and my stomach tells me when it's time to eat. Also, why did we need a digital clock? Analog clocks were just fine.... 12hr format 24hr format... sundials were just fine. etc etc etc.

Why do I need a car with 4 doors and six windows? They just need 1 window, I can climb in a window. Doesn't even need glass, I'll wear glasses.

Why do we need HD TV? Black and White worked for my dad, Radio worked for my grandpa.... we should just have amphitheaters like Shakespeare.

We don't need houses, thatched huts are nice. Ever sleep in one? Lets live in caves. We didn't need to discover fire because dead animal skin keeps people warm just fine.

I sure do wish we all lived in the Commodore 64 era where people would argue over floppy disk vs. cassette media. But then who would we argue with because we never ever would have wanted to integrate the internet with our Commodore. The Commore is for computing, not surfing.

Budo said:
Yea, if Nintendo were to ever create - for example - a weather channel, a news channel, a photo channel and a voting channel that had absolutely nothing to do with gaming, I would be very upset since that would take the focus away from gaming. I mean, who in the heck doesn't have a computer to do all of this stuff already? I'm just glad that Nintendo doesn't add useless things like the above examples I listed, or a useless doll dress-up simulator, that would be friggin' hilarious. But again, I'm glad Nintendo doesn't do such things...
LMAO! You just owned everyone who agreeded with the original post.

I love it.

D4L_Wii said:
I'm GLAD that the wii cant play DVD's and MP3's.

Nintendo are stricktly for gaming and nothing else, is that so bad? I mean we have DVD Players to watch movies, and computers, mp3 players ect for music.

Unlike Sony and Microsoft X-Box, they do use DVD players and Music and Games which is ok but it focuses away from the gaming.

I hope that the Wii never does attach DVD and Music Playback because then they'll focus away from the True Meaning of their company of Nintendo.

GAMING​

Thanks,
D4L_Wii
The Crashsphere
it already has mp3 playback on the photo chanel

hey im not saying technology is bad i just dont want my wii to be taken away from its orginal purpose, to play games. If you add all this other stuff to it people get sidetracked and if they add a dvd player to it they wont make any money from the dvds that are bought to play in it

Back