Is this racist?

aye tis racist.

but its is kinda unusual to see racism towards british in everyday life.

You've never been on Xbox LIVE have you? :lol:

People are always racist against brits on it, especially in GTA IV and Halo 3

I dont usually see racism towards British here, not very many. But the few that are here, people like them because of there accents mainly, but i havent seen much racism against them before....

I didnt realize there were so many English people on here. How can they say you dont speak it properly, Americans dont speak it properly. They twisted the English language into a lazy language that makes no damn sense at all. Freakin Calrones...

^^^

exactly. now, if i remember correctly, europeans (english) came to north america when only native americans were living there. so yeah, british would have spoken english the "proper" way. of the course of 100-150 years, american accent started appearing.

lol, American accent seems to me like just...lazy lazy lazyass lazyness...no real accent...just a dull, completely screwed up language...it doesnt follow its own rules...look at Italian, Spanish, British, Russian, all have accents. American really is the epitemy of a lazy language...

lol, American accent seems to me like just...lazy lazy lazyass lazyness...no real accent...just a dull, completely screwed up language...it doesnt follow its own rules...look at Italian, Spanish, British, Russian, all have accents. American really is the epitemy of a lazy language...

As an aussie, I agree with this. Though our language isn't really lazy. We have so many exceptions to rules, spelling and pronunciation that we have to pretty much learn each word and how to spell it. On its own...

But it IS really funny when some americans come on COD5 and I convince them I have a pet kangaroo! xD.

lol. that sounds like fun. when online, i strut my Italion accent and drive people nuts, making everything sound so sexual. :lol: lmao

American isn't so much an accent, it's a dialect. You've got accents all across your country.

But I agree, English is very inconsistent and lazy (I blame it on the fact that it evolved out of both Norman and Saxon).

I like the idea of silent letters. WTF is that about?

Pneumonia, for one. Xenophobia.

There's more. Can anyone think of them?

Anyone else find it ironic that this kind of turned into a bashing Americans thread?
I know Americans that hate everything British just because it's British. I know Brits that hate everything American because it's American. It gets on my ****ing last nerve.

Last edited:

Anyone else find it ironic that this kind of turned into a bashing Americans thread?
I know Americans that hate everything British just because it's British. I know Brits that have everything American because it's American. It gets on my ****ing last nerve.

I kid Emma and Jack once in a while, but they know I'm joking.

I agree with you.

I only hope they're as joking to me about America...

Anyway, in reading the sentence, I noticed, why are they calling England shitty? I'd much rather live in England than Ireland with the IRA floating about.

It's not just a lame insult, they actually included a justification: we're a 'multi-ethnic' society now, and one of the most multi-cultural in Europe. They can see Ireland heading the same way.

I know Americans that hate everything British just because it's British. I know Brits that hate everything American because it's American. It gets on my ****ing last nerve.

Yeah...

You'll always have the British/American rivalry though. I don't think very many people really take it seriously though.

I mean I at least hope that other countries realize that you can't just put an entire country into a stereotype, especially a country like America where there are craploads of different cultures.

Back