Let me be a mod

Status
Not open for further replies.
Older members are more well known

they are, but just don't call someone Vet as in Vet > Wiichat member...seriously last time was a nightmare

Tails McCloud~ said:
But not necessarily Veterans, considering being a vet has nothing to do with when you joined (don't know where you guys got that idea from).

Also, do be honest with you guys, we really don't need any recommendations from regular members. I'm sure most of you guys are fine judges of character, and would address the situation with enough logic, however one little point overpowers that. Staff can see all sides of what happens here. Members can only see one. Members would not know what to look for, because they don't know what we really need.
You guys are free to make suggestions, just realize that (for plenty of reasons you are not aware of) your suggestions are probably ones that we don't need.

yeah.....its much better being called a fellow members...:lol:
Tails McCloud~ said:
im well known......and im not that old to this forum...:lol:.....

he may be more wlel know but he obviously isnt active that much i mean look at the number of posts he has made

Post count doesnt mean anything.
High post count often means spam.

@Prez - Never said older means vet, but (imo) Penguinphil is.
Meh, this is just pissing me off...

Even though Prez is probably right here are my recommendations for people who I'd like to see be made a mod one day or another. Mainly people who are still active around this forum.

Wiired: I believe Wiired would make a good Graphics/Lounge section moderator. The reason being is that he is helpful, his posts are on topic and he knows the forum rules. Another reason as to why I would like to see Wiired made a mod is due to the fact that when it comes to graphics he knows what he is talking about. By being made a mod I believe Wiired would be able to give back more to this community.

FR.: During the month or so that the Pokemon Section was full of spammers etc Fr. was one of the members helping out by reporting posts and threads. This leads me to believe that he to would make another great addition to the moderating team.

Cpt.McCloud: This person would also make another great addition for several reasons. The first reason being is that he is mature and knows the forum rules quite well. He posts frequently on this site and is known to help out other members. Thus Cpt.McCloud gets my vote.

All of the above members listed know the forum rules, are mature, and would be able to deal with different forum situations without causing any problems. So even though this may be over looked I believe each of these members would make a great addition to the Staff.

Syntax, Steph(WiiWouldLike2Play), Cpt. McCloud, Demon Slayer, So many can be good mods... I don't know if I'd make a good mod or not... :-/

Meh, my vote would be for Jill to come back, but she says you guys (mods and bitchy members) ruined it. The people of recomendation from me...hmm...no one that I thought would make an ideal mod wants it. Smart lot they are.

Well Syntax is pretty much right. Some choices are obvious, and both the Staff and members know. It is clear that syntax would be a fine addition. Also, I believe that Wiired would be able to handle the Graphics section well.
@Tails: It is mistakes like that which we don't want to make again. People like Jill, while being smart people who can be on a lot, do not make good mods. I don't like getting into this, but certain people simply can not handle the power. It is our job as mods to judge character the best we can, and not make those mistakes that we will regret later.

a lot of peaple would be good mods

and i was talking about the wrong person before i edited this

Last edited:
Just for the record:

When I say that we don't need your help in choosing mods, I don't mean to be discouraging to anyone. We are always open to new ideas and I seriously recommend that if you are interested in becoming a mod to come talk to me.
Asking does decrease your chances in some cases, yes. But you are not going to get in trouble for coming to me with it.
Any time you guys want, just shoot me a PM. Mention that you are interested in the job, ask me what your chances are, what things you can improve on, etc... Just don't be angry when I tell the truth.
Obviously don't expect an instant response (school/work), but if you are interested I strongly encourage that you come talk to me. Odds are, sitting there and doing nothing is not going to help.

To put it simple:
  • Creating stupid threads about how much WiiChat needs you = BAD
  • Coming to me and having a productive conversation about what you can do to improve your chances = GOOD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back