Macintosh vs. Microsoft (Computers)

Brawny said:
Windowz, for moderate knowledge...left-brained people
OS X: Old people, n00bs, editing....right-brained
Linux: crazy customization, can do ANYTHING!!!! meh, only for dorks.

Oh, so Steve Jobs is a n00b? Give me a break.

I'm a Mac user....a fanatic, if you will. Not a fan boy though, cause I still use Windows just about everyday, for gaming and classwork.

Macs are better this generation then they have ever been. With Rosetta, and Bootcamp you can essentially run ANYTHING you want. The only thing I have to use my PC for anymore is games and my chem program called CAIM, but that's just because it's a crappy program from the early 90s that runs in DOS.
I have all of Microsoft office on my Mac, and in fact it runs Guild Wars and Counter-strike Source better than my PC. More and more small businesses, i notice, have Macs running them. Just about every small business in my hometown has a mac sitting on the front counter. As for the price? The way i see it is that you're paying extra for the architecture. Mac products are designed and built with quality. Look at most Dell computers, they are relatively cheaper. But c'mon ( with Mac/PC bias aside) we all know Dells are crap.

PCs are a more global thing however. There are just flat out more PC owners out there. That's why big, big companies use windows, to avoid any compatibility issues. Aside from that, Windows computers are MUCH better for gaming, and they come stock that way. I also agree with the fact that they are indeed much easier to custom build, and upgrade on your own. The Downside: the Viruses. It's been said over and over again but it's definatley true. Windows is just more open to attacks from virus, spyware, adware, all that bad ****. There is an easy fix for it though .( Ad-ware and Firefox)

I love Macs. I have a MacBook Pro and just got a new iPod after having my old one for 4 years. I just love their products. But I wouldn't be able to get along in life if I didn't have both my Windows XP desktop, and Mac laptop. Where one lacks the other makes up for. They are perfect compliments.

Last edited:
I prefer Windows.

<<Windows>>

pros:
General gaming
DirectX 10
Cheaper
Custom built
Upgradeable
Web Design
Advanced user functionality
Simple measures prevent viruses

Cons:
Microsoft product :)rolleyes:)
Stupid people get viruses (maybe a pro)
Windows Updater

<<Macintosh>>

Pros:
Easy to use
Create media functionality
Awesome graphics editing
You can send Steve Jobs more monies and he'll mail you a scrapbook or some crap (con?)
No viruses

Cons:
None upgradeable
Expensive as all
Limited gaming
No DirectX
No customization
Weird file management
You can send Steve Jobs more monies and he'll mail you a scrapbook or some crap
Don't need viruses, they crash on their own.
Dirty hippies use Macs...:rolleyes:

Gymdawg said:
Weird file management
You can send Steve Jobs more monies and he'll mail you a scrapbook or some crap
Don't need viruses, they crash on their own.
Dirty hippies use Macs...

I think that's preference. I love the OSX file system over Windows FAT32 filesystem

Those scrapbooks are very well put together, if you were going to have one made professionaly for a family vaca, or even a wedding, it's a very good choice

Mine hasn't crashed once, I'v had it for about a year now

not quite. That's just an ignorant statement

which is better?..
it depends what you use your computers for....
i personally prefer Mac for design graphic, edit videos, etc.., because the interface is easier to navigate. the GUI is prettier and more user-friendly than PC's... but i use my PC to run my games and some programs that is not available for Mac...

mac all the way. there easier, less proned to virus, look cooler (than most pc's) and are great for doing creative things.

macs are the biggest most expensive Pieces of crap I have ever used. Lets be honest, macs are simple. Because they are simple, they cant do as much as a PC. PCs are like legos, you can build them in any form you want, add and upgrade according to your personal preference at minimal cost.

Macs, theres only one option, and it will charge you way too much. PCs have a 95% more software available and are by far more popular. No one makes viruses for macs because no one cares about them.

And who said macs look better? Bull crap. PCs can look anyway you want them to look, thats how great they are. Dont buy that brand bull crap, buy them from people who make them from scratch.

viper201oe0.jpg

This PC cost $600 and looks better than any mac ever made.

A mac with around the same power will cost over $2000 and wont even be able to run 95% of the software, apps and games available.

PS: Macs are made up of one monopolistic brand where as PCs are made of many many competeting brands for individual parts, The only thing microsoft about the PCs is the Windows OS, but then PCs can run a wide arrange of Linux setups as well.

I just bought a Mac and I'm never going back to Windows.
My dad has XP and Vista and OSX pwns both in my oppinion.

I still use Windows, but not as mainstream as I would.

Macs piss me off....im more use to Microsoft Windows....im sorry, maybe Macs are better Ive just never given them the chance

Dang, I'm gonna take a mac. Rip out it's innards and stick in some of MY stuff that only adds up to $500. More powerful and supposedly looks just as good.....

kmrevadultra.jpg

PCs have the best and most diverse style.

Just take a look through www.Ibuypower.com and look at the prices. More power, more options, less cost, better look. Mac'n'trash will never come close. Macs have forcefully made their nitch, but no matter what happens, real computer gamers and knowledgable users will pick PCs. The only reason they might go mac is if they want some sound, photoediting, video editing, medical software.

Last edited:
Back