mario kart wii doesnt have true text chat!

thas

Canadian/Gamer for life
Sep 17, 2007
Canada
Wii Online Code
4614-1471-6665-4276
Matt Casamassina said:
In our original article, we speculated that players might be able to use a USB keyboard or at the very least the Wii remote to enter customized text messages. Not so, according to a rep for Nintendo of America, who contacted us today to clarify. Apparently, gamers will only be able to select from a pre-determined number of phrases that can be sent along as rudimentary texts before matches. Nintendo is clearly playing it safe.

source: http://wii.ign.com/articles/855/855033p1.html

darn there goes the best communication on the wii yet. atleast the cant have pre entered voice chat....or can they...:yikes:

wtf gay... First I heard you could only make a private chat-room using friend codes and I thought that was bad enough, this is even worse. Its like playing Windows Chess online.

^ I agree. also i dont see the need for all the protection after friend codes and the esrb warning. Im getting the feeling they are doing this for the hell of it.

HAAHAHAHAHAHA ROFL MY HIPPO!!!!!!!!!!!
they hype up all this stuff and you guys are so excited just for TEXT chat and its pre-written PHRASES!

nintendo just took a **** on you guys and you're still going to buy the game!

Sovieto said:
HAAHAHAHAHAHA ROFL MY HIPPO!!!!!!!!!!!
they hype up all this stuff and you guys are so excited just for TEXT chat and its pre-written PHRASES!

nintendo just took a **** on you guys and you're still going to buy the game!

well i was going to buy the game originally, not for the text chat.

THIS IS BULLSHIT, NINTENDO! WE'RE NOT IN KINDER-****ING-GARTEN!

God damnit.

Ya actually i read about this ealier today. apparently you can pick from a list that really indepthly show your emotions with phrases like "I'm happy" and of course, the all time classic "I'm sad" thank you nintendo for pre-selecting how to say how im feeling.

crazyman2 said:
Ya actually i read about this ealier today. apparently you can pick from a list that really indepthly show your emotions with phrases like "I'm happy" and of course, the all time classic "I'm sad" thank you nintendo for pre-selecting how to say how im feeling.

it makes you feel like youre going through moh:h2 all over again.

Well this is a good lesson for people who try to read between the lines, much like Pay to Play heheh. I'm still getting the game regardless can't wait to race whooo

It's pointless to try and keep cursing out of anything that has to do with the internet. Even with all of their efforts to keep everything nice and family-oriented, Nintendo is unable to make everything perfect.

In Animal Crossing Wild World you can make a hat with a drawing of a Vagina on it, and go into different kids' towns cussing them out (albeit in symbols) all day long if you want to. And you can leave messages on their bulletin boards that say things like "Meowie the Cat is an @$$- Raping $#!t F#*ker."

Trust me Nintendo, people that get on their computers to gather "Friend" Codes also exchanging codes with complete strangers, so you're not protecting kids' innocence or saving the world or anything.

iOwnage said:
THIS IS BULLSHIT, NINTENDO! WE'RE NOT IN KINDER-****ING-GARTEN!

God damnit.
...the quoted text above is not a real-life example of what texting would bring to other online gamers... :lol:

Back