MOHH2 Today

Mingus said:
I was told everywhere that this game was one person per console and I excepted it but when I purchased the game I looked at the back and noticed a number 4 on the Wii Remote! I did a little research and it 4 player offline.

I saw that too - have you figured out how to start a game with 2 or more players offline using 1 TV for split screen?

Secumfex said:
Which is actually influenced by Connection. It's all about how good the servers are, how far they are away from you, how many players are in the game and how fast your Internet Connection is.

You're right, ping time is influenced by your overall connection speed. But it is still possible to have a high latency even with a fast connection. For example, internet over satellite.

After playing it a bit more, I've determined that (for me), the flaws really damage the game to the point that I really don't want to own it.

This game's going up on eBay today. Anyone want the game for $40 (save yourself $12-13)?

When will I learn to rent games first!?!

Dude this game is sick man, I really havent seen any flaws that make me want to get rid of it, i love this game, probably the best wii game ive ever purchased so far

for anyone who has this game is there more than 1 player that can play on 1 console, different people are saying different things.

Atomheart said:
My problem is that it could have been much better, but it seems that they rushed it out. For a game with a focus on multiplayer, they really didn't include much--only 3 modes (all really basic standards, nothing interesting), only a few levels, only 6 or 7 weapons per side, etc.

You're not wrong about it being "less than", however, this game was not rushed, and it's also not less than any FPS on Wii. What made for lower quality was that all the big teams at EA passed on the title. So Team Fusion, a portable developer, stepped up put it together. When you're a small team working on a product that's not that special (basically, it doesn't have a "hook", like airborne or COD4, only a couple of features), and doesn't have great name recognition (MOH is well known, but the Heroes subbrand isn't), you don't get the amount of extra time or monetary investment that major games get. They had to make choices, on what they could include with the time and money they had. The choices they resulted in the best fun the Wii has, so I have no complaints given the circumstances

On the other hand, if a major team delivered something like this, I'd be pissed. EA screwed up by not stepping up. Team Fusion, a team at EA Canada did way more with way less than anyone else on the system. I'm of starting a Team Fusion campaign to convince EA to give them a promotion, and let them work on better IP with a larger budget. They took the console more seriously than anyone else, and I really want it to succeed to encourage that attitude.

My biggest problem, though, is how many bullets it takes to bring someone down. Basically, unless you get a heashot (which is pretty tough with that helmet and all), you're going to be unloading A LOT of bullets into them. I'm sure with the automatic guns, some of that has to do with accuracy and recoil. But I've been using the semi-auto rifles quite a bit, and I've found that unless you can consistently get headshots, they're worthless. It still takes maybe 5 body shots to bring them down with a freaking powerful rifle. I seriously landed three solid shots with my rifle into another player, yet he still had time to blast the crap out of me and take me out. So, two things that would have made this game better:

Coming up on someone from behind, using the Bar (have you tried it yet? it's my new favorite. quick reload, short time between shots, not auto so you're not wasting bullets, nice iron sights, pretty powerful) and having sweet aim, you can take them down with 2 shots (one for the helmet, one for the head) in as many seconds. If you're quick, and you come face to face, you can take the face shot and drop them faster.

1. Players only being able to take a few bullets before dying.
2. Players are briefly stunned and not able to shoot back when shot (ala SOCOM).

Shotgun shots above the belt (I'm not sure if it's a specific area) seem to produce a stall in my enemies sometimes.

Without these, the game really has no tactics; it's reduced to run and gun. You can't slyly take anyone out from behind, etc., because you're going to have to blast a TON of bullets in them (which is TOTALLY unrealistic).

While each person has a decent amount of health, EVERYONE does. That doesn't negate tactics, it just alters them.

It's mostly run and gun for non-team deathmatch, true, but not completely. You can also choose to cover spawn points (not all of them, but some are ideal for camping, where you can get your back against the wall). You can also try to stay in the shadows, and wait for people to slaughter each other with autos and steal both their kills (I hate it when people steal my kills, but I love stealing theirs). You can grenade people caught in closed spaces that are so focused on each other their reaction is delayed. As you get to know each map better, more and more tactics reveal themselves.

For team deathmatch, a sniper approach (which it kind of sounds like you favor) works well if you've got someone covering your back, and it's usually beneficial for both parties' ranks, one with an auto and one with a rifle. You'd probably need your PC to communicate with them, or at least know them and have agreed beforehand on your approach. If you know them, you can do it for non team deathmatch too, although they might turn on you in the last few seconds to up their score :smilewinkgrin:

Still, the game is pretty fun, but not worth $50 in my opinion. I would wait until you can get the game for a deal.

This is the first game I've paid retail for. And while nothing I've written here is supposed to change YOUR mind, I don't want to leave some of your points uncontested for people who are still on the fence. If the game doesn't fit your style, no skin off my back, but this is one of the top five games from any category on Wii. It's at such a high level of quality that it will change the way EVERY developer does shooters.

It may be the Wii's best online game thus far, but that isn't saying much. Even the first gen online games from last generations consoles had MUCH deeper online play with far more polish to them.

For reasons already explained. The Wii is taken less seriously by developers as a hardcore machine than even the Gamecube was. That's why it got passed off. No, it isn't saying much to say it's the best, the rest has been crap. But it's the first shooter team that has taken the Wii seriously and given it everything they had. It has flaws that you say should make it cheaper, but I contend it has no fatal flaws (other than Nintendo's voicechat screwup).

My complaints are: no jumping, I don't like either reload option (though I'm getting used to them anyway), there's no kill/death ratio on screen during a match (so you can decide how risky you want to play at every stage), my TV is crappy so I can't always read the kill updates, not enough maps, and no sign of DLC for more maps later. I don't love their version of the Garund (my favorite weapon in Vanguard), and I don't love the handgun (you can kill a guy with one handgun clip, but in every shooter that has some handgun scoping to any degree, it's my go to weapon for headshots), though useful, is a little awkward.

The sprint feature is sweet, and it's even nice that you have to let it recharge before using it again. I haven't found a worthless map yet (though I haven't played the sewers yet either. Each has a little something good so far, and some are great all around.

For my part, I'd rather play something a little bland in an overdone genre with a well made wiimote control scheme than to play dual analog. For those of you that don't share my taste, there are much better, and more well rounded and featured shooters on other systems.

game looks awesome, but i don't have the money so i'm waiting for christmas. My question is why are review sites waiting so long to review this game? Ign has the only review, that's pathetic.

Are the respawn times random? Whats the deal sometime i wait 15 seconds others i wait 2

Bought the game this morning on the way to work and just got done playing about 10 minutes or so online and enjoyed it for the most part, even though I got owned it was still fun for me. I am just happy to be playing online on the Wii with an fps. I am going to get out and play some more and get some practice in and not care how bad I lose. I am having fun, that is all I got to say!

Back