need some ideas for earning money!!!

WiiBad said:
The best way is to go fill out applications! Just go fill them out all over the place, at that point you can probably talk to them face to face and have a much better chance.

when i was that age, i did that as well. thats how i landed the radioshack gig. i basically went online and filled out applications for EVERY store on long island. radioshack like a day later was the first to call so i took em.

wii_cammy said:
Yeah but i dont knw if they employ people my age
Minimum wage jobs tend to employ younger high school age people because nobody else can make much of a living working one job at minimum wage. You will probably be surprised to find out just how easy it is to land a job. You could even fill out applications online as The Loose Cannon suggested if you would rather not go to the places, and after filling them out wait a few days and then call and ask them if they have had a chance to look over your online application; or if they tell you to come fill one out you will already be prepared. This will show them that you are eager and ready to go.

Last edited:
Yeah, its weird if you wnat to earn money, bit hard tbh in england in some places

wii_cammy said:
Exaclty
If youre aunder 16 here u cant do certain jobs
You can still give it a shot though, don't let what you may hear from other people slow you down. You're right, I don't know how it may be in your country but getting a job is really only as difficult as you make it. Start maybe with the grocery stores that may be in your area, they are the best chance for high school age kids around here. You never know until you try and you might as well be prepared. Good luck in your quest, you can always have what you want if you want it bad enough.

Last edited:
Thanks
Sorry if I sounded like I was attacking oyu
Im ringing up few places tyomorow and if worst comes to worst ill aply at mcdonalds

Get a few of your friends, and all of you go on youtube to learn how to breakdance. Then go in front of buildings, set out the cardboard and just battle it there in hopes people will deposit some change or something ^.^

Or do the robot like on Eurotrip

WiiBad said:
You can still give it a shot though, don't let what you may hear from other people slow you down. You're right, I don't know how it may be in your country but getting a job is really only as difficult as you make it.

hes right cammy. you can employ someone under the age of 16 and still keep it within the child labor laws. take for instance baby sitting. its cash and you sit in someones house for like 5 hours on a weekend watching their kids. its not a job but its an extra source of income.

in the US, i remember if you wanted to work you had to go to the counsolers office and get that stupid blue card and it has the hours youre allowed to work and if you drove when it was acceptable to be on the road.

i dont know if its still the same though. its been a long time since i was 14 :sick:

DRMARIO said:
Don't get me wrong, I'm mature enough to understand the value of money,
And have been for a long long time.

But Parents, make a lot of money, and they don't mind spending on their children. Even if it's just occasional.

I'm just suggesting, politely ask your parents. If you know that isn't going to work straight away, give it a while, but in the meantime, be completely respectful, well-mannered, and speak correctly - Not that you shouldn't do so already. Your parents may be willing to give you the money, or just help out in your savings.

LOL you can't say all parents make a lot of money
my friend just had a baby with his co-worker and they had to give it away cause they didn't have the money.....but biologically they're still his parents

my parents don't give me any money, and they charge my older brother rent.....they make enough money to pay their bills and grocheries and what not...i don't consider that a lot

i don't think you understand the value of money just yet....

Back