Official Graphics Comments & Criticism

manred said:
lol. NVM I just read it.

Anyways. How do you guys make such awesome sigs from GIMP. I've tried but never came close.

Trust me, we're good but not THAT good compared to some Gimpers out there!

We just carried on with GIMP I suppose, read tutorials...

ssbb_lover said:
Gikoku, the new sig you have...for some reason...I love it. :/ Left side is great, and the smudging you did looks awesome.

Thanks Tyler, I'm happy with how it turned out as well. Was a fun one to make, I especially love the colors of the render.

Last edited:
ROB64 said:
I use Gimp!
but mine aren't nearly as good as the ones you guys make:(

No worries, you'll improve:yesnod:

GIMP DEFENCE FORCE, UNITE!

ROB64 said:
I use Gimp!
but mine aren't nearly as good as the ones you guys make:(

Of course they are, not as good but they are still great. Its the artist not the program, but PS has better brushes, better everything.

Sparx said:
Of course they are, not as good but they are still great. Its the artist not the program, but PS has better brushes, better everything.

Not really.

I've seen some amazing GIMP sigs...

Cpt.McCloud said:
Not really.

I've seen some amazing GIMP sigs...

Once again you have misunderstood what I said. I didn't say Gimp can't make good sigs, I didn't say that at all.
I said:

I said they are good, but not as good as PS signatures. If you took someone who is equally experienced with both PS and Gimp he/she would do much better on PS.

Sorry for the double post, but I'm gonna make my first signature soon, so I have been spending hours reading and listening to tutorials, also I have downloaded over 50 brushes. Now, this is just practice, but here is a little sample avatar I practiced for the first time on. This is my first design EVER EVER EVER made in my life so don't be too harsh please. Actually, be harsh as you want, C&C about every little detail. Thanks.

Light.jpg

I learned to use Gradient Maps, and I made the background myself :D I added the light on his face myself too :D C&C? Lol can't wait to hear the comments.

Sparx said:
I said they are good, but not as good as PS signatures. If you took someone who is equally experienced with both PS and Gimp he/she would do much better on PS.

Not really, you can have GIMP sigs far greater that of a PS veteran.

PS isn't better everything, both programs have plus' both have down falls.

I believe it depends on what you're more experienced with. I find PS easier. I guess because I've been with it longer. Though Cpt.McCloud is right about how GIMP sigs can either be as good as PS sigs or greater.

But Photoshop has more feautures and more options, therefore making the limit of the sig's graphics and design better.

Sparx said:
But Photoshop has more feautures and more options, therefore making the limit of the sig's graphics and design better.

There is no set limit...and if the artist is right then the sig is right too.

It's what you do with your resources that count.

ok you know what never mind. Can you just rate the avatar I made above?

Sparx said:
ok you know what never mind. Can you just rate the avatar I made above?

Can you just pay me dammit?
--

For a first attempt it is pretty good, I'll be waiting for the full blown signature!

Back