Official Graphics Comments & Criticism

Sparx said:
Sorry for the double post, but I'm gonna make my first signature soon, so I have been spending hours reading and listening to tutorials, also I have downloaded over 50 brushes. Now, this is just practice, but here is a little sample avatar I practiced for the first time on. This is my first design EVER EVER EVER made in my life so don't be too harsh please. Actually, be harsh as you want, C&C about every little detail. Thanks.

Light.jpg

I learned to use Gradient Maps, and I made the background myself :D I added the light on his face myself too :D C&C? Lol can't wait to hear the comments.

Thanks McCloud :D I'm looking for just the right pic for my sig.

one thing about photoshop is people have to read so many tutorials and lessons and stuff, but with gimp you dont have to (or at least, I didnt:lol:)
I like the avy Sparx; that's really your first one?

Well you have to do the same with both if you want to become really good at it.

I just believe that either you go with a simple free program or an advanced expensive program. They both can end up with the same results, you just have to learn how to do it.

manred said:
Well you have to do the same with both if you want to become really good at it.

I just believe that either you go with a simple free program or an advanced expensive program. They both can end up with the same results, you just have to learn how to do it.

Are you calling the program I slaved over for freaking months simple? :mad5:

it looks great! I like the contrast in light/dark on the left and right side. It gives it some depth
you must be practicing with the tutorial you used to make your current sig

Monsteroids said:
Are you calling the program I slaved over for freaking months simple? :mad5:

:lol: Not really "simple" but more simple than PS.

Great sig. I'm guessing it's from the same tut. The more sigs from GIMP you post, the more I just want to make sigs from GIMP as well.

Sparx said:
Sorry for the double post, but I'm gonna make my first signature soon, so I have been spending hours reading and listening to tutorials, also I have downloaded over 50 brushes. Now, this is just practice, but here is a little sample avatar I practiced for the first time on. This is my first design EVER EVER EVER made in my life so don't be too harsh please. Actually, be harsh as you want, C&C about every little detail. Thanks.

Light.jpg

I learned to use Gradient Maps, and I made the background myself :D I added the light on his face myself too :D C&C? Lol can't wait to hear the comments.
That is looking good so far. Try learning some smudging techniques as well. They will greatly improve your work. Anyway, nicely done. :)

Monsteroids said:
Double post bump. :p

Now don't complain and C&C this please.

Ichigo.png
That particular method seems to be producing some great outcomes. Keep up the good work. :)

I finally cracked, Monster. I'll try out that tut later today.

I still have no idea what Smuding is. You told me the tool looked like a hand, but all I can see if the Hand tool. I use Photoshop CS3 so it might be different?

Back