Official Graphics Comments & Criticism

re4project.png

Here's a new one I made. I really like it. I'm not a real big artisan with GIMP, so any help from experts (oh hai Monsteroids), I'd really appreciate it.

manred said:
My latest work.
2reikbo.jpg

C&C please.

Stick with one render b/c with more than one no one knows what the focus of the signature is and you need to create somewhat of a flow with your sig. If you make your sig size smaller you shouldn't need but one render and you will not feel like you have that much blank canvas to fill up. I would also make your text smaller and less front and center.

I think you'll like your outcome a lot better if you just give the smaller one render sig a shot. Trust me I had the same problem when I first started making sigs. I thought the bigger the better. See...

ssxblursig-1.png

Rodney-Sig-Best.gif

TSuperman.jpg

Last edited:
tarheelsuperman said:
Stick with one render b/c with more than one no one knows what the focus of the signature is and you need to create somewhat of a flow with your sig. If you make your sig size smaller you shouldn't need but one render and you will not feel like you have that much blank canvas to fill up. I would also make your text smaller and less front and center.

I think you'll like your outcome a lot better if you just give the smaller one render sig a shot. Trust me I had the same problem when I first started making sigs. I thought the bigger the better. See...

ssxblursig-1.png

Rodney-Sig-Best.gif

TSuperman.jpg

Thanks for the advice. I think I'm going to recreate it but with the one on the right side. I was thinking about doing something different with the font, but because there were two renders, I wasn't sure where to put it.

I think from now on I'll stick with just one render. Thanks.:)

Update: Here it is with one render.
34jdw6f.jpg

C&C please.

Last edited:
manred said:
Thanks for the advice. I think I'm going to recreate it but with the one on the right side. I was thinking about doing something different with the font, but because there were two renders, I wasn't sure where to put it.

I think from now on I'll stick with just one render. Thanks.:)

Update: Here it is with one render.
34jdw6f.jpg

C&C please.
I like the choice of render and the canvas size, but the BG is a little bit simple.
Other than that, it looks good. Nicely done.

Oh man Oh man I just made the crappiest sig ever.
Its a pic of outerspace, with kirby on the dragoon infront of it. Oh man it looks aweful...
Awww man I suck at sigs :(
I might as well quit now :sad:

Bliss said:
Great work as always...like the bottom one the best out of the three

Thanks!! Those were some of my first attempts at sigs about a year ago. I only posted them to show manred that I was of the mindset at first that bigger was better.

Manred...It looks better nice render choice and the text is better too. now you need to work on sharpening (mainly the render) and blurring (mainly in the bg) to create some depth. Maybe something in the bg to create flow with the render. It's looking a lot better though. Good work.

tarheelsuperman said:
Manred...It looks better nice render choice and the text is better too. now you need to work on sharpening (mainly the render) and blurring (mainly in the bg) to create some depth. Maybe something in the bg to create flow with the render. It's looking a lot better though. Good work.

Byuakuya said:
I like the choice of render and the canvas size, but the BG is a little bit simple.
Other than that, it looks good. Nicely done.

Thanks for the tips. I'll work on it later and try to make it look better.:)

Here is one i did over the weekend........C&C please

mustang_sig.png

May I ask that everyone give me the sources of their pics please :p?
I'm searching but I can't find ANY good pics AT ALL!

Sparx said:
May I ask that everyone give me the sources of their pics please :p?
I'm searching but I can't find ANY good pics AT ALL!

You got to cut them (well that wat i do)...search for watever theme u want to do then cut out the section you want in ur sig. OR also there are a few renders roaming around that are cut already...just google..or if u have a photobucket acct.

Gikoku said:
Way too sharp, turn the sharpness down some, and it'll be much better.

Other than that, I really like it.

ok will do...thanks

Back