Pay2Play?

Hoser1358

WiiChat Member
Oct 30, 2009
okay ive heard A LOT of stuff about ps3 i'd just like someone to try to confirm it.
so xBox360 you have to pay $50 live a year right?
some people have been saying after april people will be given a fee to play online with the ps3.
i've been thinking of getting a ps3 and would like to think ahead of time

No, there's nothing that has been announced. Those claims are complete BS.

There is no way Sony would ever make there service Pay 2 Play. It would be the downfall of the PS3. One of the main reasons the PS3 is so popular is because of it's free online service.

thanks guys I guess i will get a ps3, already sold my wii but still have a few games lying around. i just didnt like Wii's Family Console concept. Romer318 i guess your right and seeing that a lot of people buy things from the store and buy PSN Cards they're already making enough money along with their tvs and other stuff

I have a question. Can you play PS2 games on PS3?

Not on the current models.

When they first came out, they had 100% backward compatibility.
About a year later, to cut costs, the removed some of the hardware and replace it with software. This allowed most of the major PS2 titles to work.
But not long after that, all backwards compatibility was removed and has been gone for at least a year now.

Eh, if Sony makes it optional, I guess I'll just stick to free online play. Economy's bad. Gotta cut costs.

Back