Plastic Surgery

Cpt.McCloud said:
if they're depressed then it's a mental issue and it can be resolved that way rather than having surgery to change you.
I'm speaking last resort to happiness here. Why going on depressed when you can do something about it?

I personally would never get plastic surgery. Everyone has parts to themselves that they may not like, but I wouldn't be me without them. (no I don't have like a 6ft neck or anything..)

Depression isn't always caused by the person who is depressed, Jam. People judge others, and that can't be stopped with any therapy.

I got plastic surgery a little while ago.

See, my hair was too long for my taste, so I got it shortened.

Oh wait...

Its not something that an explanation can do justice. I'll play it out for you:

1. I try to explain
2. You say they just need to 'get over it'
3. I say that you don't understand.
4. You scoff.

Its as simple as that. EXPERIENCE is the best explanation, and, in this case, it may be the only explanation that is good enough.

Wow, my own thread and I haven't even bothered to make a decent reply to it. Mad weekend.

First of all, I have a religious view on, most things, so I'm pretty much against it for enhancing your image, because it's what God intended us to look like, and he gave us the decency to find someone out there that would appreciate it, because we should see beyond that and not be immature about it.

Now it's different if you're being totally bullied for something like that, constantly, because then it messes with your mentality. I suppose that's the only time where I will let it go for physical appearance, if someone tells you it's not necessary, they're not just being nice, it's really not necessary. I'm not perfect, but I wouldn't change anything about the way I looked.

Taking praise in your appearance from plastic surgery is wrong, if it looks good then that's fine, but don't boast about it when you weren't born with it. It's just another way to flaunt that you have a lot of money. Unless you're Joan Rivers, because she makes it actually funny. :p

I don't wear makeup, I see it all as a waste of money. Surely, there's only one person in the world who I'd care about looking at me, and they should see past the makeup anyway, I don't want to pretty myself up for people passing in the street. Maybe it's because I'm poor and could never really afford the stuff, but then again, I've never had the want for it either, and I don't ever intend to use it.

I should really sleep.

I feel like a lot of girls who aren't concerned with their appearances misinterpret and/or look down on girls who are.

I'll never get around to understanding why girls are concerned with their appearance. You make good reasoning, but ultimately I don't think it's needed for the people who matter in your life, especially complete strangers who you're never going to see again.

Back