Pokemon Platinum

... You're going to do the National dex on Platinum again? Are you crazy? -.- There's no way in hell I'm completeing my nat. dex AGAIN. That'd be boring as hell. I've got more important things to do (battle frontier?).

... Animal cruelty? >.>

WHY DIDN'T NINTENDO INVENT A MASS TRADING FEATURE?!??!!? [/caps]

Yes!! I miss the good old 3rd gen. days with Pokemon Box... it was so easy to trade boxfuls at a time. I dunno anything about My Pokemon Ranch but maybe you can fanagle it in a similar way?

Edit: At Giratina. He keeps being Lax. :mad:

Spoilers, you want? Right then. I've only tried out the battle hall and dominated the battle tower, so I don't remember the details on the other 3 facilities. Ofcourse, serebii has all that need-to-know stuff on the battle frontier, so here's a link.

http://www.serebii.net/platinum/battlefrontier.shtml

Also, here's a quote.

Fisherman from the Battle Frontier said:
The Battle Hall is where I want to be. Even the Magikarp I caught fishing has a shot at no. 1!

... ... ... LOL.

Not complete the n.dex just get it.
And no, not animal cruelty. I said hot, not boiling. If there is no punishment for a wrong doing then you might as well reward him.
I need a good 3-man team of my own guys for the E4. Was thinking King, Regole, and Murkrow.

... How could a Murkrow beat the E4, seriously. Wouldn't it be OHKO'd if it's not EV trained in it's defenses and lv. 100? I'm not saying it's impossible, but... meh.

And no, not animal cruelty. I said hot, not boiling. If there is no punishment for a wrong doing then you might as well reward him.

Right right, I'm all for discipline of animals as well. I simply misunderstood what you said, lol.

Murkrows attacking stats BP are in the 80s. 91 base speed. My Murkrow is lv.87 at this point. Luciam and Aaron will FEAR Murkrow. Bertha, Flint, and Cynthia will fear Regole. Dragonite can clean up.

*victory dance*

W00t! The Battle Hall is being taken storm by my Latios... Here's the deal why I'm happy.

If you don't know how the battle hall works, see my previous post. So I've been tackling the worst types for my Latios so far, Dark, Steel, Ice, and just now Rock. I just realized though - there's no way I'd OHKO a Tyranitar. But since I've got Dark and Rock out of the way, I'm in the clear of Latios' worst matchup ever. W00t! Some weird mishaps happened on Rock though.

First of all, a scarf Golem. It went first and I'm like "... ... WTF!". And it hits me with Stone Edge. Amazingly, I had half my HP left, so I OHKO'd with Surf. For rank 10, I had to fight an Aerodactyl. ... Yeah. It might be able to OHKO me with Crunch. So I'm sweating bullets; but my Latios goes first by some miracle, and OHKO's with Ice Beam. BWAHAHAHAHAH! 40 wins! 10 more and I've gotten my silver print! I can't get overconfident now, though... May lady luck smile down apon me (... and Arceus).

EDIT: Hahah, looks like another Silver print is mine. Too easy. ;D I can imagine getting that Gold Print will be insanely hard though, 20 times harder than Silver. 170 wins in a row is no easy feat...

Last edited:
Beat the game!
Woo!
To finish my dex I need the sprites and Hippopotas.

The rest of the night will be occupied by:
A) Unown Alphabet
B) Underground Shard Farming
C) Syncher Breeding

Talk to 'yall tomorow!
After I "stabalize" a bit here in Platinum, I'm finishing Diamond.

Beat Grass gym. Here's the team:
StaraviaLV18 attacks Wing Attack, Quick Attack, Double Team, & Endeavor.
LuxioLV18 attacks: Bite, Leer, Charge, & Spark.
BuizelLV17 attacks: Swift, Quick Attack, Water Gun, Pursuit.
MonfernoLV18 attacks: Ember, Mach Punch, Fury Swipes, & Return.

Sad news is that all but Buizel were killed. Buizel finished Roserade with 1 Quick Attack(Monferno already knocked it to low red.).

I was takin my time cause i was makin my perfect team from diamond 2 transfer 2 my platinum.
I got my 1st badge yesterday! =p
Party:
Dratini LV. 18
Bagon LV. 18
Charmeleon LV. 18
Wartortle LV. 18
Ivysaur LV.18
Quilava LV.18
=]

I've got working Cloning/Check IVs codes for Platinum, but does anyone have a 'better' Check IVs code. I don't like how it's functioned for Platinum, so I figured maybe someone has one identical to D/P

Thats not bad, but how do lose both a flying, and fire type to grass??

Actually eaisier than you think. I didn't heal them and I went from 1 gym trainer to the Leader, also she had higher levels than me on some.

Beat that annoying Ghost Gym a few hours ago. Winning team:
BuzielLV24: Aqua Jet, Water Gun, Swift, & Pursuit.
MonfernoLV23: Flame Wheel, Mach Punch, Fury Swipes, & Return.
LuxioLV25: Bite, Charge, Spark, & Leer.
StaraviaLV25: Wing Attack, Endeaver, Captivate, & Double Team.
LeafeonLV22:Tackle, Sercret Power, Sand Attack, & Tail Whip.
GligarLV21: Cut, Fury Cutter, Quick Attack, & Sand Attack.

Captivate saved my skin cause that damn Mismagius had too great of Special Attack and was wipeing out my team. The only surviving members were Staravia, Monferno(Barely), & Buizel(Barely).

I guess I'm just using this thread to update ya'll on what I'm doing.
For some reason a 2-3 hour process took me all day. I finished breeding all my synchers except my 3 mean look/baton passers.
I figure I synch a (insert roaming legend name here) with an Umbreon with max speed. Trap it with Mean Look. Baton Pass to a Breloom. Spore it. False Swipe it. Catch it.
Simple, no? Well, maybe a lot less simple than "use masterball" >.>
I havnt actually progressed since yesterday. I did the breeding then moved all my shinies to Diamond.

Havnt figured out what I'm going to do with storage yet. I figure Pearl can hold all my Dittos and breeding pokes (as well as legit legendaries, etc.) Diamond can hold all my shinies and items. And Platinum will be what I use from now on to battle, so I trade my competative pokes over to there. Platinum will also hold my synchers and I'll just trade 'em as I need 'em.
I can't EV train untill Diamond is complete though so after I completely finish Platinum, I'm finishing Diamond.[/notes]

Anyone know when you can accept the Secret Key mystery gift?
Also, I heard a rumor that catching the Regis and legendary dogs is going to be made possible. True?

@CK: I still need Regigigas.

Back