Pokemon X/Y

shrug

On the XXth day of the XXth month at the Pokémon Day Care on Route 7: About the extraordinary power that Volcanion is said to possess. Discussed it with a top Breeder who’s very familiar with the ecology of Pokémon and drew the following deduction. In order to cause a steam explosion powerful enough to blow up mountains, the Pokémon must have an organ with extremely high temperature that can instantly vaporize water to steam. That kind of organ is unheard of in the ecology of Pokémon, but Volcanion may have it…
this bothers me...

> that's a really obvious deduction
> couldn't...most fire types do that?

NPC said:
There’s a tale about an organization that tried to manipulate Hoopa’s power for their own benefit. After a while, certain objects that belonged to the organization mysteriously began to disappear. Everything from weapons and vehicles to money… It all began to vanish one by one. The organization got scared and decided to hole up inside of their headquarters. Once they did, things stopped disappearing! Just like that! Relieved that it was finally over, the organization finally decided to step outside. It was then that they discovered their headquarters had been transported wholesale to somewhere in the middle of a desert! Terrified of what they had unleashed, the organization promptly disbanded.

lol'd

Part 1 of my mega evolutions concepts...

Mega Lumineon
457.png

I have a thing for fabulousity, water-types, and fish, but I've never been big on Lumineon. Maybe I should give it more of a chance sometime. Its design is obviously supposed to be pretty, and it is, but it's not somefin that grabs your attention all that much. More of a modest kind of beauty? I think a mega should really try to amp that up. Have some flashing body patterns, especially on the "wings". Its Pokedex entries do mention bioluminescence, and I didn't notice it flashing any patterns in the PBR video I just looked up for it. The "wings" themselves would also be made bigger and more butterfly/fairy like.

From a gameplay standpoint, Lumineon is...bad. Not Corsola level bad, but still bad. Its offenses are low, its physical defense is below average, its only remotely decent stats are special defense and speed, both of which are hardly above average. Its movepool is pretty **** too, it gets the general water-type staples like Ice Beam and Waterfall, but besides that Defog and U-turn are its only particularly useful moves. I guess Tailwind is okay sometimes too. It gets Swift Swim but good luck sweeping with 69 base special attack.

Now that I've explained how Lumineon is useless, I will start on the mechanics of its mega.

Type: Water/Fairy
Base stats: 69/69/76/69/86/91 --> 69/69/106/69/136/111
Ability: Serene Grace
New Moves: Dazzling Gleam

Pretty sure I counted those stat increases correctly... Alright, so first off, the new typing. As I suggested, Lumineon would become more pretty looking after mega evolving, and its wings would become more magnificent and fairy-like, hence the fairy typing. Water/Fairy is fantastic typing defensively, as experienced players will tell you fuck azumarill. This retype would allow mega Lumineon to fare much better against dragon-types, fighting-types, bug-types, and dark-types, all at the small cost of a steel neutrality and a poison weakness.

Mega Lumineon plays defensively, like regular Lumineon sort of did...I guess. I didn't bother increasing its defenses and focused entirely on defenses and speed. Lumineon's lack of recovery outside of Rest is very unfortunate, but I believe it would play well despite this. Its new ability, Serene Grace, gives Scald an absurd 60% chance to burn. This would make Lumineon hard to kill physically, with its high special defense helping it with special attacks. Mega Lumineon's access to Defog would allow it to support its team even more. Although its only recovery is Rest, unfortunately, a Resttalk set with Scald and either Defog or U-turn seems viable. Of course, its high speed would help it use all these moves before getting hit.

I also added Dazzling Gleam to Lumineon's moveset for the sake of the mega. I want to avoid introducing new moves if possible, but I think Lumineon deserves a decent secondary STAB attack (*glares at Mega Gyarados*). It makes quite a bit of sense flavor-wise anyway, unlike Moonblast, which I was heavily considering...to be honest, I don't see mega Lumineon using Dazzling Gleam on most sets, it doesn't really help it compared to Scald, Rest, Sleep Talk, U-turn, and Defog.

Mega Swalot
317.png

I'm quite vocal about my love for Swalot, so this shouldn't be a surprise. I don't particularly know what a mega Swalot would look like...all I know is that it has to maintain similar lips and eyes. Its face is too cute to just scrap. The diamond patterns should also be kept, somewhere on its design, at least. Oh, and it needs to keep its mustache, not that I would mind if it looked different.

Anyways, uh, let me talk about how Swalot fares in terms of gameplay. Its mono-poison type isn't exactly unique, so it doesn't stand out a whole lot in terms of typing. It's fairly bulky, although not amazingly so, and its offenses are poor. It's slow too. Its movepool is alright, it gets some cool stuff like Earthquake, Ice Beam, Curse, Yawn, Infestation, Gunk Shot, Pain Split, Encore, etc. Nothing fantastic, but it's more impressive than Lumineon's. Sadly, it lacks a recovery move outside of Rest and the meh Pain Split, Pain Split being especially meh in Swalot's case due to its high HP.

Mega Swalot stuff:

Type: Poison
Base stats: 100/73/83/73/83/55 --> 100/83/128/93/128/35
Ability: Mega Acid (lack of better ideas atm...)

Mega Swalot's typing is simply poison, just like regular Swalot's. Its defenses go up a lot, while its offenses are also raised a significant amount, particularly its sp. attack. It's slower, but that's not a huge deal since regular Swalot wasn't exactly a speed demon to begin with. It would also make sense aesthetically if mega Swalot was bigger than regular Swalot.

The most important improvement is its ability, Mega Acid. Take a look at one of Swalot's Pokedex entries: "Its powerful stomach acid is capable of digesting almost anything. The one thing in the whole world a Swalot can't digest is its own stomach." Swalot's acid is said to be capable of dissolving anything, but the poison type isn't too hot offensively...

Not very effective against: Ghost, Ground, Rock, Poison, Steel (immune)
Super effective against: Grass, Fairy

Poison is essentially a laughing stock as an offensive type. However, Mega Acid would flip this around, in a deliciously ironic way.

Mega Acid poison-type attacks:
Not very effective against: Grass, Fairy
Super effective against: Ghost, Ground, Rock, Poison, Steel

Indeed, mega Swalot's poison-attacks live up to the hype its Pokedex entries give them. To not make the ability too good, I made grass and fairy resistant to it, but really, it's not like most grass and fairy types could leave a significant dent in mega Swalot. Not only would Mega Acid fueled poison-attacks hit many things super effectively, unlike regular poison, nothing would be immune to them. This would make mono attacking sets quite viable on mega Swalot. Resttalk with Sludge Bomb, Gunk Shot, or Sludge Wave (to avoid status confliction) and a fourth move seems good. Stockpile in particular seems good on paper to me.

If anybody has any suggestions for something I should come up with a mega for...right now I'm thinking about a mega Dusknoir.

lol

Don't make it a copy of Mega Alakazam though. [STRIKE]btw you should devote several hours or days into making pix of these new megas you want to see[/STRIKE]

tiduslaughs.avi

Make some mega evolutions for Pokes that actually deserve it; things that were meant to be good, but failed miserably at most if not all times (lookin' at you, Sneasel 'n Weavile).
I'm more of a fan of giving them to Pokemon really bad off. Most Pokemon intended to be good are at least decent or only slightly bad. And what's wrong with Weavile? I didn't have a very good opinion of it either, but then the Knock Off and dark-type buff happened.

The Mega Dusknoir I mentioned would fit that, though. And maybe Mega Eelektross?

Don't make it a copy of Mega Alakazam though. [STRIKE]btw you should devote several hours or days into making pix of these new megas you want to see[/STRIKE]

but i cant draw

Mega Swallot seems awesome

And how are you planning to create these without the skills of being able to draw? Are you gonna 3D design them instantly on your laptop? >.<

Btw, I'd love to see Mega Ledian

Mega Swallot seems awesome
I see you're a man with good taste

And how are you planning to create these without the skills of being able to draw? Are you gonna 3D design them instantly on your laptop? >.<
I don't think I'm gonna get them drawn, sadly.

Btw, I'd love to see Mega Ledian
I saw an idea for a Bug/Fighting Huge Power one yesterday, but I've been wanting to create a hypothetical mega Ledian that doesn't rely on Huge Power. It's possible, but I lack any good ideas at the moment which don't involve making a new ability...

Back