Pokemon X/Y

i notice theres glitch in fire red, i like point out im battle randomly pokemon in the grass between lvl 8 and lvl 10 zone then i meet a taurus its lvl 18 aand this after i get 1st badge. how thats possible, .

another mega concept

Mega Dusknoir
477.png

Dusknoir annoys me...I've come to the opinion that it indeed looks cooler than Dusclops (though I wish it was a little less fat looking), but the fact that aforementioned pre evolution outclasses it is just embarrassing. Similar could be said of Blissey, but Blissey is in an arguably less embarrassing predicament since it's at least a great Pokemon in its own right, whereas Dusknoir is just mediocre.

As I said, Dusknoir is worse than its pre evolution, as its only significantly higher stat is attack...which doesn't mean too much when its strongest move is non STAB Earthquake, with Shadow Punch being the weak piece of **** it is. It's also faster but that's mostly irrelevant since it's still really slow. Meanwhile Dusclops has much higher defenses thanks to Eviolite.

Mega Dusknoir could become a fire ghost, which seems rather befitting for an evilish (maybe) grim reaper figure. The yellow band and antennae on its head could become red, with the antennae becoming longer too. The skin below its head, save for a capelike remnant attached to the back of mega Dusknoir's neck, would no longer exist, with signs of tearing visible around its neck, as if it were a cloth that was torn off. Its hands and "stomach mouth" would remain, with a contained blueish inferno (resembling Will-o-wisp) existing where its arms and torso once were. Its floating stomach mouth would make all sorts of crazy facial expressions, as if it were mega Dusknoir's real mouth. It would even come complete with a fiery tongue.(sorry if I didn't explain that well, I tried)

Anyways,

Type: Ghost/Fire
Base stats: 45/100/135/65/135/45 --> 45/170/85/135/85/105
Ability: Download

Like I practically outright stated while describing my design idea, mega Dusknoir would gain fire typing. It actually learns Fire Punch by level up, which, while still somewhat weak, is certainly a better STAB move than Shadow Punch. As you can see, mega Dusknoir would completely give up on being defensive as its defensive stats plummet. However, its offenses and speed utterly skyrocket, making it a threatening sweeper.

The transmissions it received from the spirit world would strengthen with mega Dusknoir's expanded antennae, granting it the Download ability. While more of a physical attacker, its special attack (with a neutral nature) after a Download boost reaches 459, which is the same as Deoxys-A's without a boosting item. Receiving a special attack boost would allow it to break through physically defensive Pokemon with Shadow Ball, and maybe Ice Beam or something. Meanwhile, receiving an attack boost would allow it to simply mow down everything with Fire Punch, Earthquake, Shadow Sneak, Sucker Punch and more. Speaking of priority moves, with how mega evolution works, mega Dusknoir would be stuck with an awful 45 base speed on the first turn after mega evolution. Rather than resort to Protect, I think a powerful Shadow Sneak or Sucker Punch would be the best remedy for this.

I feel Ghost/Dark would be more befittin' a plausible Mega evolution's design (and wouldn't make it a mega evolution slot-stealing Chandelure). Sableye had t' make room for Spiritomb in DPP, I reckon it should also share the spotlight with poor ol' Dusknoir in Gen 6.

also lets not forget bout golurk

more

Mega Carnivine
455.png

Heh, Carnivine looks so silly. I've never been a particular fan, but it's alright. The tentacles in particular make me want to train one.

Carnivine was always pretty meh in regards to competitiveness. It's slow as balls (not those balls) and is a tad frail. Its movepool is also quite poor, but it does get some good moves that it can make use of like Power Whip, Sleep Powder, Knock Off, Sludge Bomb, Stun Spore, Giga Drain...that's basically it, though, half of those being part of the generic grass movepool anyway. Power Whip at least allows it to hit quite hard with its respectable attack stat.

As for mega Carnivine, I was thinking its design would involve it fighting while upsidedown. Specifically, its "tentacles" would grow enormously in length and it would use them as legs, while danging from them. Think spider, or, better yet, daddy long legs...I'd link to an image to help illustrate, but since daddy long legs are fucking creepy, I will link to a beady long legs from Pikmin instead, which happens to probably work even better. The green tentacles would also turn red on the ends. Carnivine's bulb-like torso would also expand into being a sort of mini treetrunk. Its arm leaves, which would have grown bigger, would hang from Carnivine's neck, and be attached to a newly formed collar of leaves around its neck. The tips of mega Carnivine's teeth would be dyed red.

Moving on,

Type: Grass/Dark
Base stats: 74/100/72/90/72/46 --> 74/130/92/90/72/96
Ability: Intimidate

First of all, mega Carnivine would become a Grass/Dark type. This would be fairly problematic defensively, as mega Carnivine would become weak to fighting and fairy attacks, while having its bug weakness amplified. However, the new dark and ghost resistances, as well as the psychic immunity, would be very welcome. Most importantly, the retype would give mega Carnivine STAB on Knock Off and Crunch, allowing it to have good neutral coverage that mono grass just didn't achieve.

Mega Carnivine's physical attack would get a decent boost, and its physical defense would also become more acceptable. More important is the massive speed boost it would get due to its spiderleg reminiscent vines . While nothing amazing, base 96 speed is enough to outspeed a good chunk of things. Intimidate would help it take on physical attackers much better, possibly even letting it work as a defensive pivot. It does learn Synthesis, a decently reliable method of recovery, as well as support moves like Sleep Powder and Stun Spore. It could also work as a sweeper, having access to Swords Dance, but its only good speed and lack of priority would be a big issue.

Mega Beartic
614.png

I do like Beartic a lot, so I figured I'd go ahead and make a mega evolution for it.

Beartic has never been very good, just like many other ice types. It has a high attack stat and a surprisingly wide movepool for an ice-type, having tools such as as Icicle Crash, Avalanche, Superpower, Bulk Up, Taunt, Stone Edge, Aqua Jet, Play Rough, Yawn, and more. Beartic's main problem is its slowness, it has to take hits in order to dish them out, and while it does have above average bulk, ice is simply a bad defensive type.

Its Pokedex entries mention Beartic "freezing its breath to create fangs and claws of ice to fight with", so I was thinking that mega Beartic could don thick "gloves" of ice, complete with icy claws attached. These ice gloves would be quite wide, so they could be used as shields. Mega Beartic would also have a mane of icicles on its back, as well as icicle "boots" and an extended icicle beard.

Type: Ice
Base stats: 95/110/80/70/80/50 --> 95/140/130/70/100/50
Ability: Hibernate

Mega Beartic would receive a significant attack increase, as well as big defensive increases, mostly in physical defense. It would maintain its mono ice typing, which isn't exactly good for it. The defense and special defense increase would go a long way, at least -- at maximum health, it would even be able to take a Choice Scarf Darmanitan's Flare Blitz most of the time, which is pretty crazy.

Its ability, Hibernate (was half tempted to make it "Hibearnate"), would be quite useful. While sleeping, mega Beartic's defense would be 1.5x the usual. Like Marvel Scale, only triggered by sleep specifically. When mega Beartic woke up, it would receive +1 in attack. This could obviously be used with Rest and Sleep Talk, staying alive easier during the sleep turns and gaining an attack boost upon waking up.

Mega Whimsicott
547.png

I'm not a big fan of Whimsicott, but it is rather cute, and I like its trollyness. Dirge is rather ecstatic about it, so I'm doing Whimsicott for him. Granted, I did become genuinely interested in turning mega Whimsicott into the devil, a goal inspired by one of my past avatars as well as Whimsicott's mischievous nature.

But first, I'll ramble a bit about Whimsicott in competitive. It gets cool points for having Prankster, my favorite ability in the game for obvious reasons, as well as the fact that it's genuinely just really fucking fun. Whimsicott isn't too great for reasons such as lacking recovery options outside of Leech Seed, its common weaknesses, and its mediocre defenses. It does have some cool things going for it like aforementioned Leech Seed, U-turn, Encore, Light Screen, Memento, Switcheroo, Stun Spore, Knock Off, etc.

Back to mega Whimsicott. The design I have in mind involves replacing its wool with a barbed wire-like substance, or, should I say, steel wool. Its green horn things would be replaced with straight up black devil horns. Its eyes would turn red and it would usually have a very sinister look on its face. Its body would turn dark grey and it would grow small claws on its hands.

Type: Grass/Steel
Base stats: 60/67/85/77/75/116 --> 60/117/115/77/95/116
Ability: Iron Wool (heh) Edit: Naming it "Ironworks" instead in case I decide to give it to somefin else later

After mega evolving, Whimsicott would become a Grass/Steel type, having its fairy-type replaced. As Ferrothorn has shown, Grass/Steel is a very good defensive typing, only being weak to fire and fighting and having a lot of resistances. Its attack stat would go up a lot, along with its defenses. Regular Whimisicott was fast enough, so the speed stays the same. Mega Whimsicott would actually take better advantage of its high speed than regular Whimsicott, who didn't need it in many situations due to Prankster and its non offensive nature.

[strike]Iron Wool[/strike] Ironworks would be a variant of Pixilate, Aerilate, and Refrigerate that turns normal-type attacks into steel-type attacks and receive a 30% boost in power. This would allow mega Whimsicott to hit quite hard, albeit with poor offensive typing better than poison. Using Return, it would hit about 81% as hard as mega Pinsir, and a tad harder than Scarf Garchomp using Outrage. Seed Bomb, Knock Off, and U-turn would be its only other options for physical moves, as its physical movepool is quite poor. U-turn at least would allow it to escape from opponents it couldn't touch.

Of course, mega Whimsicott would maintain regular Whimsicott's large status movepool. While it would lack Prankster to get priority on them, it could still use them effectively, especially with its higher defenses and better defensive typing. Taunt, Encore, Stun Spore, Leech Seed, etc would remain quite viable.

Last edited:
Last edited:
Back