REGGIE, a true Striker.

BigORhyme

"And the food? Good?!"
Sep 28, 2007
Raleigh, NC
Tonight, only moments ago, my little brother, 7hurts, played a random opponent named simply, in all CAPS, REGGIE. REGGIE, for some reason, after playing only a short time against 7hurts, and getting schooled quite hard, decided to stay in there, even though the score of the first game of the series was 15-1 in 7hurts' favor.
REGGIE, despite getting a severe beating, did not disconnect, and instead chose to simply watch 7hurts display several trick scoring techniques, no doubt learning what he could.
This message is a shout out. It is a shout out not only to noble REGGIE, but to each true Striker who takes his ass-whooping in stride, learns, and refuses to disconnect despite insurmounting odds.
REGGIE, you may not be the best Striker, but you are most certainly an honorable Striker. Many, many props to you. I hope you read this, and I hope you come to Wiichat to learn how to win!

REGGIE definately stuck in there, through my victory and accepted his defeat inevitably.

which brings me to my point. ive finally realized my true hatred of many online gamers. it is the people who are 'discons' and those who camp all day when they are mearly one point ahead and only score if needed after that time. i find it a niusance mostly. my score is something like 32/28 and i have never disconnected. ive recieved my losses honorably at best. but i hope the true strikers on this forum can recieve their defeats the same way their do their victorys, honestly.

not to say im dissapointed because i totally expected it. but damn, can i at least have my 'W' and some points. hhaha. well... as always i would love to play people on this channel so please request me anytime.

appreciate the reply jay. i just hope, soon... i can meet the people ive been reading from on here for so long. it would be delicate to see my team witch is often underestimated in a true battle instead of people that drop during losses or even possible lossed (citing last nights battle with rank 40 that dropped during over time 1-1 series in overtime) truly sucked. and not because he didnt receive the V or quite potential win. just for priniciple

Sevenhurts said:
REGGIE definately stuck in there, through my victory and accepted his defeat inevitably.

which brings me to my point. ive finally realized my true hatred of many online gamers. it is the people who are 'discons' and those who camp all day when they are mearly one point ahead and only score if needed after that time. i find it a niusance mostly. my score is something like 32/28 and i have never disconnected. ive recieved my losses honorably at best. but i hope the true strikers on this forum can recieve their defeats the same way their do their victorys, honestly.

not to say im dissapointed because i totally expected it. but damn, can i at least have my 'W' and some points. hhaha. well... as always i would love to play people on this channel so please request me anytime.

"Campers" are a really tough sort of player for me. Not that i find it especially difficult to beat them, but when the Camper is ahead, despite the time remaining, he just... hides. He runs, and plays keep away.
Sometimes this allows you to steal the ball for a quick score. Most of the time this prevents you from knotting up the game.
But I'm really torn on how to defeat a player who scores, and then hides... the Camper! I almost want to discon on him, and once, in one of my weaker moments, I've even disconned on a camper. Not something I'm proud of.
But in any sport in the world... You must continue to play, despite having a lead. Most closely related, in Hockey, you have to try and gain control when the puck drops. It's the same thing in Soccer. In Baseball, despite having a lead in the bottom of the ninth, you still have to field a team and hit the pitch. And in Football, no matter what, you still have to take the snap and run some sort of play. In Strikers and many other games, you're able to simply hide when you have the lead... in can be truly, really frustrating at times.
Just field the ball, and give me a chance!
I'm just not sure if I want to count Camping as a legitimate technique, much like a Football team runs the ball with their halfback to eat up the clock late in the game when they are leading, or if I should take offense to this maneuvre. My instincts tell me to be insulted by this move, and take some measure against it.
Anyone feel similarly?

I never d/c
Maybe its cause i rarely lose lol
But I did lose to some guy on rank that you always see on the leaderboards, his mii name is "Bountys" in all fancy letters

Actually, I'm a big fan of world cup soccer, I watch it every 4 years it comes up, plus I play on a soccer team (not professional of course) so I can safely say that camping is indeed a practice held in the sport of soccer at least. You'll even see it in World Cup play, when a team is one point ahead and time is running low, they might just play keep away until time runs out. It's gay yes, but it's not an banned tactic. However, it won't make you many friends, lol.

I agree with taking your losses with honor. The only two instances when I discon, is if my nunchuck is f-ing up, or the connection during play is god awful. Other then that, I don't see any reason why players can't stick around and learn something from the booty rape that they receive.

There's no point in scoring any higher then 10 points, cause you don't get points at the end of the game after that.

EDIT: Chin35char, is that (wH) thing some kind of clan symbol?

Last edited:
my hats off to this guy, i couldnt bare to loose that bad

I beat some guy called Mitch 25-0, it was his first match and he, thankfully didn't D/C. So i think he's quite an honorable striker too. But i am from Australia so it's not like there's as much competition as it is over in America.

There are some good guys online, sadly the best way to tell who there are is that their losses are often double their wins.

Back