SBB For Wii U/3DS

What if they had unlockable textures. So if you do some crazy thing with Luigi, you will receive a Mr. L texture.

Costumes, you mean. That'd be stupid, IMO; give them all at the start. One of the worst things any fighter can do is make every little extra option, especially cosmetics, unlockables. It gets old quickly, and unlockables should remain as important things like modes, characters, stages, and other game-changing mechanics and/or additions.

That, and Nintendo isn't going to endorse Mr. L in any of their games, any time soon. :lol:

Unfortunately they recently interviewed Masashiro Sakurai (who gave us smash bros) and he said that he hasn't given any thought to the new Smash besides that fact that there will BE a new Smash. Theres no development team together, hardly any ideas flowing and no thought to the roster because he is busy with Kid Icarus Uprising. So we wont be seeing the new smash until maybe two or three years from now. Still excited though.,

... I really hope it doesn't come out in 2-3 years. For the expectations that grow for every Smash Bros. game like the crazed fanboy I am for the series, the game being rushed is exactly what I don't want.

I think joining was bad everyone is complianing on my posts and they are always about correcting me. ):

Whoa now friend, I think you've got the wrong idea. :( At the very least, I know that when I've been correctin' ya, it was only of good gesture, I do apologize if I've offended ya. =( I'd hope everyone else is in the same case, since Wiichat's got a friendly community 'n all.

'Sides, everyone's got their own opinion, right? Just 'cause people are disagreeing with ya doesn't mean everyone's trying to be malicious, or that you're wrong.

Okay, hes startin to freak me out.

Anyways maybe someone could get a petition on what characters wed like to see. Never hurts to get the ball rollin early.

How could you all just neglect poor Mega Man like that?? Not to mention X, Zero, Vent/Aile, Omega, etc. I know Capcom are supposedly being jerks about it, but in all seriousness, the world needs Mega Man characters in the next Smash Bros.

How could you all just neglect poor Mega Man like that?? Not to mention X, Zero, Vent/Aile, Omega, etc. I know Capcom are supposedly being jerks about it, but in all seriousness, the world needs Mega Man characters in the next Smash Bros.

'EY! I wrote a comprehensive moveset for Zero back in the day. I ain't neglectin' Mega Man. =P

I'm still waiting for a comprehensive OG Mega Man moveset, though. I know someone from waaaay back wrote a cool prototype for ideas and the like (was it Ridley...?), but it was in no way complete. Different sorts of shots, sliding, and rush aren't the widest variety to make an entire moveset from. :lol:

We dont need Megaman. We need "X".

Id like to see that other Metaknightish guy from the kirby series.

We dont need Megaman. We need "X".

Id like to see that other Metaknightish guy from the kirby series.

Anything so much as Meta Knight "ish" can stay the **** out of brawl, oh god. Dx

You're talking about one of the generic kirby enemies though, right?

Anything so much as Meta Knight "ish" can stay the **** out of brawl, oh god. Dx

You're talking about one of the generic kirby enemies though, right?

OF COURSE theyll have to be more balanced. Im thinking of Sword Knight, Blade Knight, Ax Knight, or anyone else cool from Meta knights army. Just slow down their speed. And they cant fly so thats a plus.

I know brawl is multi player for the more dedicated ones but it would be nice to add new online challenges like in mario kart wii ?
You know just to keep you entertained. Also if the wiiu would support achievements for games it could also mean:

CHALLENGES

- can raise your rank and skill's so you can enter lobbies for more skilled fighters for example?
- lets your friends see what you have achieved so far so they know who there fighting against or what there friends been doing.
- make friends take the challenge and try to do better and send them your results or replay.
- Ranking can also help you to find equally good players in random on-line matches. (find equally good players) so you don't end up with ppl who just got SSBU.
- New boss fight challenges
- New hit the target's
- Survive this challenges

TEAMS

I also think team matches can be with more then 4 players, lets say you can play with 6-8-16 players 3vs3-4vs4-8vs8(4teams) but not all together just 4 players with the ability to tag with team players. when you get to much damage you can tag or when you're character is no match for the opponent your friend's can fall in for you.
Some rules should be applied here as well (once tagged you must stay in for lets say 40 sec).
When your one or 2 players short a player can be added from the Random On-line Battles instead of CPU. (ranking/skills/class can be useful here to).

I'm just brainstorming.
The players waiting in the background can maybe do something to the other team or maybe play tetris on the wiiu controller or some other mini games(=endless variations) to recover health or give the other team a disadvantage. (this could takes the focus off the match (could be good or bad)).

Personally I like the idea to play with more than 4 in team with tagging. the mini games can stay out for my part.

note: please don't mind the construction of this reply or the spell check of it.

Those are cool ideas. 4 vs 4 matches would be interesting and fun (most of the time), but I can't imagine Nintendo doing something like that. I really do hope Nintendo includes things like achievements and ranks.However, the only thing we can be sure of is that Nintendo will make a great game, like they always do.

Yes ranked matches are good. Im not sure if over all rank or character rank is the best way to go though.

I would welcome an online co-op story mode, but i don't see that happening.

There's a hack for this that came out a year or two ago for Brawl's Subspace Emissary. It was absurdly hard to make it stable I hear, so if fans want it bad enough, you never know. Since the WiiU's online capabilities, as well as it's games are supposed to tower over the Wii's, there's hope for that.

I also think team matches can be with more then 4 players, lets say you can play with 6-8-16 players 3vs3-4vs4-8vs8(4teams) but not all together just 4 players with the ability to tag with team players. when you get to much damage you can tag or when you're character is no match for the opponent your friend's can fall in for you.
Some rules should be applied here as well (once tagged you must stay in for lets say 40 sec).
When your one or 2 players short a player can be added from the Random On-line Battles instead of CPU. (ranking/skills/class can be useful here to).

I'm just brainstorming.
The players waiting in the background can maybe do something to the other team or maybe play tetris on the wiiu controller or some other mini games(=endless variations) to recover health or give the other team a disadvantage. (this could takes the focus off the match (could be good or bad)).

Personally I like the idea to play with more than 4 in team with tagging. the mini games can stay out for my part.

note: please don't mind the construction of this reply or the spell check of it.

Great ideas bro, but I've an issue with the tag one; or rather, Nintendo would. Lag is always as bad as the person's worst connection and buffering issues. Every extra player from two is causing more lag, more inputs, and more buffering for the console to handle. This is something that would only be possible off-line, without a doubt. And even then, I doubt Nintendo would go for this idea, even if presented with a 20 page documentation why this additional mode would be mind-numbing awesome. It's too technical, hectic, and I don't feel it's really their style. It's a cool idea, but not the coolest in execution, IMO.

Disregarding everything I just said though, tagging out should only be allowed if you're on the ground, and not in shield, hitstun, one of your attacks, dashing, etc. On the ground and standing still with a certain button. Otherwise, it'd be way too abuseable, lol.

Back