Super Smash Bros. 4

It's hard to say for certain from gameplay footage but it certainly seems like Sheik's grenade works quite differently from Snake's. It seems to be an impact explosion rather than a wait and is still attached to the chain, giving it completely different physics. Though losing one grenade is nothing against Snake's massive arsenal. He could just use a different type of grenade instead.

I'm sure some of you have already read the article on Hideo Kojima saying that he has no idea whatsoever whether Snake is returning and that it's entirely up to Sakurai (which is certainly true) but that statement scares me a bit, for Kojima to be able to bluntly say that he has no idea this late in the game.
True all true

Thought I don't think it's an impact grenade. It's manual detonation.
Also, Konami could be hiding the fact. Though this Smash game is less dark then Brawl. I don't think Snake would fit well (visually) in this game.

For instance, the change to the Ray Gun to make it look less gun.

True all true

Thought I don't think it's an impact grenade. It's manual detonation.
Also, Konami could be hiding the fact. Though this Smash game is less dark then Brawl. I don't think Snake would fit well (visually) in this game.

For instance, the change to the Ray Gun to make it look less gun.

I was actually going to mention the Ray Gun change myself, but stopped myself after remembering Zero Suit Samus's gun, which looks just as much like a gun as it did before. Same goes for Fox's blaster. But it's still a good point and could certainly be a potential reason for the Snake Axe.

Sakurai: Pic of the day. Here's the new edition of the Ray Gun. The Smash Bros. mark appears backward because it acts like a stamp. We design the Ray Gun carefully each time to ensure it doesn't look like a real gun.

It's also worth noting that Sakurai says "each time" meaning this was taken into account at least even back in Brawl. I think the idea is not that it looking like a "real gun" is too mature but rather that the ray gun shouldn't look like a "real gun."

Last edited:
I was actually going to mention the Ray Gun change myself, but stopped myself after remembering Zero Suit Samus's gun, which looks just as much like a gun as it did before. Same goes for Fox's blaster. But it's still a good point and could certainly be a potential reason for the Snake Axe.
I was wondering the same thing
lol.gif

Though if he did get in, I don't think they are going to replace B with a Tranq Gun any time soon.

Sakurai: Pic of the day. Here's the new edition of the Ray Gun. The Smash Bros. mark appears backward because it acts like a stamp. We design the Ray Gun carefully each time to ensure it doesn't look like a real gun.

It's also worth noting that Sakurai says "each time" meaning this was taken into account at least even back in Brawl. I think the idea is not that it looking like a "real gun" is too mature but rather that the ray gun shouldn't look like a "real gun."
They should have used the Nintendo Zapper this whole time.
Considering they already use the Super Scope
Heck while their at it throw in a Power Glove and a Virtual Boy

Last edited:
The Power Glove I don't know what you'll be able to do.

The Virtual Boy you can A) Throw at people or B) Put it on the character's face and shoot laser beams out of it.

Hm. An interesting mechanic. Imagine if the Virtual Boy item drained the opponent's 3DS battery until the battery light became red?

On the subject of 3DS, I'm assuming that most of the people on this forum are going to play online against each other when the game releases in the summer. To get a head start, my 3DS friend code is 3909-7548-2082. For those interested in playing online against me (I also have Mario Kart and Y) please send me a private message or post a visitor message.

I don't own a 3DS yet, but when they'll release a Smash Bros 3DS version I'll definitely buy it :D

Also, since most people I know on this site are active on this forum, I just wanted to post this song on here because I freaking love that song! <3
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EiacumxjvjQ
Okay. You have to buy XY too. It's an obligation for anybody with a 3DS, as I've been trying to explain to my stubborn friend. >:/

I'll listen to that whenever I'm done with Touhou music. Just use this thread in the future.

Alright will do. Although I think I'd rather buy Fire Emblem first.
Ok I'll just post it in that thread as well ^^.

Back