Super Smash Bros. 4

I thought you were right about that Wario sign at first, but if you look at Nintendog, you can see there's not a Smash sign but a dog paw... So the evidence is not that good.
I was talking to Squid about that
The reason why Nintendogs have their logo is because of the Nintendogs Stage

I really hope there will be 3 Fire Emblem characters, none of them being Ike and at least one of them not using a sword but a different weapon.
I mean, I really like swords but that doesn't mean that I wouldn't like to play with Archers or Axe users either. Though I don't think Lancers would be fitting in a Smash game.
And I wouldn't have any idea how the magic and dragon characters would work.
I really hope Ike comes back. He was a good character, and different.
If they do add 3 Fire Emblem Characters I hope it's Robin, Marth, and Ike

Also, I made a Tome user and a Lance user moveset in the moveset thread.

Side note: Kinda disappointed about Skull Kid and Palka basically having the same effect... Right?
And I think Mother Brain's beam looks really... Amateuristic.
You should play Super Metroid

Ah that might indeed be true, about the Nintendogs

So you hope there will be 3 sword characters? That would be so... unoriginal. I know Ike is different, but not having a sword would be much more different.
Could you give me a link about those movesets?

Yeah I know it looks like the original beam, but Mother Brain has been updated completely, why not make the beam look better as well?

So you hope there will be 3 sword characters? That would be so... unoriginal. I know Ike is different, but not having a sword would be much more different.
Well Robin also uses Tomes so yeah
I just hope not Chrom
Also, Smash is lacking a BFS character

Could you give me a link about those movesets?
Sure
I haven't updated them in a while. I probably should.
They are in the Fire Emblem Section
http://www.wiichat.com/forum/smash-brothers/80871-moveset-thread.html#post1206907

Holy cowtits you got a lot of those... That's awesome.
I'd like to see either Shulk or Magnus as a BFS character ^^.
And maybe Lloyd Irving as a double sword character. (Not sure if I'd count Pit as a double sword user)

How do I delete a post..?
Karp could tell ya if he wasn't busy being dead.
Though I want to see his head explode when he views this thread

Holy cowtits you got a lot of those... That's awesome.
I'd like to see either Shulk or Magnus as a BFS character ^^.
And maybe Lloyd Irving as a double sword character. (Not sure if I'd count Pit as a double sword user)
I always thought the Monado wasn't too big.

Not too big indeed, but it's bigger than Ike's at least.
A Monster Hunter character would be cool as well, haha ^^.

I always thought the Monado wasn't too big.

Shulk_with_Monado.jpg

It changes depending on attacks and the user. It's certainly the greatest example of BFS I've seen.

Not too big indeed, but it's bigger than Ike's at least.
A Monster Hunter character would be cool as well, haha ^^.

Haha I think a Monster Hunter would cross the line of "too big." Well, I suppose it's Smash Bros... if they really wanted they could get just about anybody to work.

Forgot to mention some things about the characters. Notably more Fire Emblem and the inclusion of the Miis, along with 3rd party characters.

First, Fire Emblem. I'm indifferent towards having Ike or Roy return to the next Smash Bros. If there's going to be 3 FE reps, I'd want them to represent the sword/axe/lance weapon triangle. Having Marth, Ike and Lyndis would be like having six fighting types represent the Pokemon franchise; there wouldn't be much variety, moreover representation. Another reason why I state that Anna could be playable is because she's a merchant, it's likely that she carries around all sorts of weapons to sell, meaning that you could potentially have a really diverse moveset. And because she's a female character, but I want to stray from that reason. I don't think a character should be included in Smash because of their gender. By that logic the female only species Miltank would be a Pokemon rep. by now. Which is why I have mixed feelings towards the inclusion of Rosalina. She's one of my favorite Mario characters, but I'm not sure if including her was the right decision. I'm still glad she's in though. I personally think that if they're going to include another sword rep. from FE again like they did with Ike and Roy, it's going to be Lon'qu from Awakening. He seems to be a pretty popular sword user.

Now, for the Miis. I thought it would be cool if we could play as the Miis in Brawl, but honestly if Sakurai was going to include them he would've included them in Brawl when they were still popular and brand new. To me it seems that Wii Fit Trainer disconfirms the Miis, seeing how if the Miis were to be in the game they would have a really good chance of having something Wii Fit related in their moveset. (Most notably the Hoola Hoops that WFT uses as his/her up B) Also, here:
Find-Mii-Stage.png
As you can see, there's a Mii in the cage. If you've ever played Find Mii II in Streetpass Mii Plaza, you know that your 3DS Mii that's tied to your console acts as the royalty in distress, and you have to Streetpass other characters to rescue your Mii. If you're going to be playing as yourself, doesn't that seem odd if you're already trapped in a cage? That would be like if Zelda and Peach were still trapped in the cages in Brawl's Boss Battle mode. Therefore I believe the Mii is disconfirmed.

There's talk about Pac Man's inclusion (I'm looking at you Captain), so I think I'll address third party characters while I'm at it. First, Sega and Capcom. There's a lot of fan requests by the Sonic fanbase to include characters like Tails, Kunckles, Shadow [STRIKE]and Chris Thorndike.[/STRIKE] If they were to include two Sega reps, this would mean that it would be likely that Capcom would also have two reps as well. Although Sonic is basically synonymous with Sega with the general public, Capcom has several famous characters in their lineup, such as Ryu, Phoenix Wright, Strider, Viewtiful Joe, Chris Redfield, etc. I doubt that Zero or Protoman would represent Capcom alongside Mega Man.

For Namco, Namco has a huge lineup of characters to choose from other than Pac Man. However, seeing how a lot of classic Namco characters such as Galaga and the Flags from Rally X appear as items, it's safe to assume that either Pac Man or Dig Dug will end up representing the classic Namco arcade age. It should also be noted that Pac Man is Shigeru Miyamoto's favorite video game character, and has appeared in the Mario Kart Arcade GP games alongside Mario. Also, since Namco and Bandai are the same company now, it wouldn't be farfetched to say that Mametchi from the Tamagotchi games could make an appearance as a playable character, once again to appeal to the female fanbase. However this seems unlikely since I don't think the developers behind Tamagotchi would want to associate one of their characters with physical violence, although Mametchi is in Mario Kart Arcade GP 2. If not any of these characters, then characters from the fighters Tekken and Soul Calibur could make appearances, seeing how Final Destination seems to be inspired off of Soul Calibur's atmosphere. For Namco, it could be anyone, not just Pac Man.

I myself want to see Geno from Super Mario RPG to represent Square Enix. This is so that Geno can represent the age where SE made RPGs exclusively for NES and SNES. Also because Geno seems to be a fan favorite among the Mario fanbase, and I think Geno has the most connections with Nintendo in general. However, if Geno doesn't make it in/another character represents SE I won't be too disappointed.

On the other hand, I really want Snake from Metal Gear Solid to return to this game. I want to be able to have a four player match with characters from different companies (Nintendo, Sega, Capcom, Konami), and Snake was well received back when Brawl was being hyped up for release. However, this seems more like something Sakurai would save for E3, assuming the 3DS version isn't out by then.

I'll tackle stages and modes later after I can gather a list of the currently confirmed stages.

First, Fire Emblem. I'm indifferent towards having Ike or Roy return to the next Smash Bros. If there's going to be 3 FE reps, I'd want them to represent the sword/axe/lance weapon triangle. Having Marth, Ike and Lyndis would be like having six fighting types represent the Pokemon franchise; there wouldn't be much variety, moreover representation. Another reason why I state that Anna could be playable is because she's a merchant, it's likely that she carries around all sorts of weapons to sell, meaning that you could potentially have a really diverse moveset. And because she's a female character, but I want to stray from that reason. I don't think a character should be included in Smash because of their gender. By that logic the female only species Miltank would be a Pokemon rep. by now. Which is why I have mixed feelings towards the inclusion of Rosalina. She's one of my favorite Mario characters, but I'm not sure if including her was the right decision. I'm still glad she's in though. I personally think that if they're going to include another sword rep. from FE again like they did with Ike and Roy, it's going to be Lon'qu from Awakening. He seems to be a pretty popular sword user.
Surprisingly, Project M looks fine with 3 Fire Emblem Sword Characters.
Anyway, what I want most from Fire Emblem is diversity. Having tons of swords is fine if they are different. Ike is pretty much the definition of Smash Brother and he is the powerhouse of Fire Emblem.

Now, for the Miis. I thought it would be cool if we could play as the Miis in Brawl, but honestly if Sakurai was going to include them he would've included them in Brawl when they were still popular and brand new. To me it seems that Wii Fit Trainer disconfirms the Miis, seeing how if the Miis were to be in the game they would have a really good chance of having something Wii Fit related in their moveset. (Most notably the Hoola Hoops that WFT uses as his/her up B) Also, here:
View attachment 11508
As you can see, there's a Mii in the cage. If you've ever played Find Mii II in Streetpass Mii Plaza, you know that your 3DS Mii that's tied to your console acts as the royalty in distress, and you have to Streetpass other characters to rescue your Mii. If you're going to be playing as yourself, doesn't that seem odd if you're already trapped in a cage? That would be like if Zelda and Peach were still trapped in the cages in Brawl's Boss Battle mode. Therefore I believe the Mii is disconfirmed.
I still think Mii wouldn't be too bad. Though I wouldn't care if it is included or not included.

For Namco, Namco has a huge lineup of characters to choose from other than Pac Man. However, seeing how a lot of classic Namco characters such as Galaga and the Flags from Rally X appear as items, it's safe to assume that either Pac Man or Dig Dug will end up representing the classic Namco arcade age. It should also be noted that Pac Man is Shigeru Miyamoto's favorite video game character, and has appeared in the Mario Kart Arcade GP games alongside Mario. Also, since Namco and Bandai are the same company now, it wouldn't be farfetched to say that Mametchi from the Tamagotchi games could make an appearance as a playable character, once again to appeal to the female fanbase. However this seems unlikely since I don't think the developers behind Tamagotchi would want to associate one of their characters with physical violence, although Mametchi is in Mario Kart Arcade GP 2. If not any of these characters, then characters from the fighters Tekken and Soul Calibur could make appearances, seeing how Final Destination seems to be inspired off of Soul Calibur's atmosphere. For Namco, it could be anyone, not just Pac Man.
Though if there was a most famous video game character it would be Pac-Man. Plus Pac-Man was in a Mario Kart game.

I myself want to see Geno from Super Mario RPG to represent Square Enix. This is so that Geno can represent the age where SE made RPGs exclusively for NES and SNES. Also because Geno seems to be a fan favorite among the Mario fanbase, and I think Geno has the most connections with Nintendo in general. However, if Geno doesn't make it in/another character represents SE I won't be too disappointed.
I don't understand why people want Geno so badly. If we got a Squeenix character, I WANT THAT SLIME. DQ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! or Chrono Trigger.

On the other hand, I really want Snake from Metal Gear Solid to return to this game. I want to be able to have a four player match with characters from different companies (Nintendo, Sega, Capcom, Konami), and Snake was well received back when Brawl was being hyped up for release. However, this seems more like something Sakurai would save for E3, assuming the 3DS version isn't out by then.
Also, Sheik basically stole the grenade from Snake so there's a point against him.
But I do want him back

For other 2nd/3rd party I want Professor Layton

Last edited:
Looks like Ice Climbers are gonna be back.
Reason 1: There's a polar bear from Ice Climbers in Smash Run as an enemy.
Reason 2: In the custom move showcase, there's Kirby using Ice Climbers' down special instead of sucking enemies in.

I myself am also indifferent to Mii's inclusion. All I did was point out everything that goes towards its playability.
Yeah I know
But there was nothing else to say really

Also I wonder if the Mii in the cage deconfirms Mii
I don't think WiiFit Trainer took away from a Mii Movest.
Look at Villager for instance. He has a balloon fighter move.
Mii's have so much more game appearances
If Mii is a character it will be revealed when Tomodachi Life comes out probs

Plus if we could use Mii Plaza hats, I would play Mii a lot more.

Looks like Ice Climbers are gonna be back.
Reason 1: There's a polar bear from Ice Climbers in Smash Run as an enemy.
Reason 2: In the custom move showcase, there's Kirby using Ice Climbers' down special instead of sucking enemies in.
I did notice that but I didn't consider the Frost Breath Custom Moveset Kirby being Ice Climbers Down B.
Nice Catch

Though, I think the Ice Breath works against Ice Climbers inclusion. If IC's are removed then that custom move is a call back to the ICs

Last edited:
Also, Sheik basically stole the grenade from Snake so there's a point against him.
But I do want him back

It's hard to say for certain from gameplay footage but it certainly seems like Sheik's grenade works quite differently from Snake's. It seems to be an impact explosion rather than a wait and is still attached to the chain, giving it completely different physics. Though losing one grenade is nothing against Snake's massive arsenal. He could just use a different type of grenade instead.

I'm sure some of you have already read the article on Hideo Kojima saying that he has no idea whatsoever whether Snake is returning and that it's entirely up to Sakurai (which is certainly true) but that statement scares me a bit, for Kojima to be able to bluntly say that he has no idea this late in the game.

Last edited:
Back